News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
WRT AMC pricing...

Remember, it was Disney that innovated that kind of prices for their Broadway plays.

Yes, other theaters charged different prices for different sections, but Disney added much larger price differentials and as a theater was looking like it was going to sell out, all the prices shot up to take advantage of the demand. Other theaters followed suit.

Then Disney has been applying that policy to park tickets.

BuzzedPotatoHead89

I did/have…. and I listened to the earnings call.

Ok, let me rephrase this since I didn’t mean this literally. What specifically did Iger do/say on the earnings report that would get him replaced?

The 7,000 layoffs is not out of line with what the Street was anticipating. He underplayed the loss in subs in streaming but they were upfront enough to blame HotStar for losses.

They’re also restructuring ESPN to appease Loeb, and while they do have a realistic shot at losing a board seat to Peltz the talk of even a modest return of the dividend as well as the need to increase parks capacity and and access are straight up efforts to address the Trian critiques and brewing retail investor concerns.

I’m no Iger super-fan, but I see no evidence yet the board or institutional investors are ready to jump ship.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
1675924701251.png

1675924751238.png

1675924796926.png

1675924818994.png

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Iger needs to be replaced soon, after what happened at the earnings report today. He’s gone crazy!
If there was a worthy successor.

The hyperbole in the slides posted above by Penguin illustrates they don’t have any intention in restoring value or customer satisfaction. They’re trying to appease shareholders (many of whom are as clueless about the legacy of the parks as management is) whilst rolling back on carefully selected items that are of little or no expense to the bottom line in an attempt to say “we’re listening”.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

The hyperbole in the slides posted above by Penguin illustrates they don’t have any intention in restoring value or customer satisfaction. They’re trying to appease shareholders (many of whom are as clueless about the legacy of the parks as management is) whilst rolling back on carefully selected items that are of little or no expense to the bottom line in an attempt to say “we’re listening”.
That’s how I read into all of that yesterday as well. Their main focus is their stock price and making shareholders happy again, not their customers.

EPCOT-O.G.

I think it’s even worse. The D+ stuff* has been so disruptive both internally and externally that even if they really wanted to do something in the parks they’re hamstrung.

* I include the Fox acquisition as it had the dual component of both expanding subscriber possibilities (Star, etc) and reams of content (as yet underutilized)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom