Bob Iger in HS

Sam Magic

There would also be large media coverage if it was something related to the films. We already know that Han Solo is coming back so im sure the rest are too. It seems that Iger would announce something huge before his departure and also to build D23 hype based on reports that the club is falling behind.

nytimez

FWIW... A friend in what you'd call the "major national media" who gets invited to every WDW press-related event (big and small) says not only has he not heard anything, but the main Disney media relations guy he deals with in Florida is on the West Coast right now.

So, if they have anything planned, it's beyond stealthy.

doctornick

If they go Star Wars, it will have been a fairly recent decision. I don't know of anyone at WDI working on Star Wars for DHS. Hence why I said it would likely be a lift from the Paris plans.

So, to get totally ahead of ourselves (and again, I'm not expecting anything for the parks), the DLP plans for Phase 1 are a Mos Eisley Cantina and an indoors Jedi Training Academy, no? And IIRC those exact things have been in various stages of development for DHS at some points -- with the Catina going into Backlot Express and the Training Academy going into the former Sounds Dangerous space. So, green lighting them would simply be a measure of dusting off some previous plans, approving the funding and giving the press release -- there wouldn't need to be any real involvement of WDI at this point (I think) until more specific details need to be worked out.

Phase 2 for DLP was I think a Millennium Falcon walk through and a ride (bike coaster?). Could be totally wrong. Does anyone know?

MattM

Like not having the media at a media event?

I don't know why they wouldn't if its a new land. But they've done stranger things before. Not saying I agree with it. But can you imagine how much Facebook and Twitter would explode? Then the traditional media can show tomorrow and the news carries into the beginning of the week instead of being buried in the weekend...leading right up to...the big earnings announcement.

ParentsOf4

Maybe an official announcement that the big three have been signed for Episode VII.
Possibly but then why fly to DHS? Why not make the announcement at DLR?

The lack of media coverage suggests nothing will happen. Conversely, Iger being at DHS on "May the Fourth" day would be just bad PR if nothing Star Wars happens. If Burbank is that clueless about the significance of the date, then I truly dread what they are going to do with Star Wars. There's got to be at least one Star Wars geek on Iger's staff.

If it turns out there was a misunderstanding and Iger wasn't at DHS today, then we worked ourselves into a tizzy over nothing.

MattM

The lack of media coverage suggests nothing will happen. Conversely, Iger being at DHS on "May the Fourth" day would be just bad PR if nothing Star Wars happens. If Burbank is that clueless about the significance of the date, then I truly dread what they are going to do with Star Wars. There's got to be at least one Star Wars geek on Iger's staff.

If it turns out there was a misunderstanding and Iger wasn't at DHS today, then we worked ourselves into a tizzy over nothing.

True, and with this company we cannot rule any of your points out!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It's better then endless discussion of the merits/lack there of of Avatar land, or Marvel non-coming to WDW. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom