Bob Iger in HS

doctornick

Since this is Star Wars day at HS I can't imagine them announcing something that isn't Star Wars related. Of course that doesn't mean it will be something major. Could even be an announcement about the movies.

This. If there's an announcement, I'm expecting it to be studio related (TV or movies) at this point. Just because it's happening in the parks doesn't mean it is parks related -- this would be a reasonable venue for any Star Wars related news being officially announced. Might just be something like the official title of Star Wars VII.

Lee

Adventurer
Well, if it happens, Star Wars land won't be that big of a surprise.
The surprise part is that it could have reached an announcement stage without any real details leaking. Especially when we know that Cars has been/was in active development for DHS.

If they go Star Wars, it will have been a fairly recent decision. I don't know of anyone at WDI working on Star Wars for DHS. Hence why I said it would likely be a lift from the Paris plans.

Atomicmickey

The surprise part is that it could have reached an announcement stage without any real details leaking. Especially when we know that Cars has been/was in active development for DHS.

If they go Star Wars, it will have been a fairly recent decision. I don't know of anyone at WDI working on Star Wars for DHS. Hence why I said it would likely be a lift from the Paris plans.

Remember, he announced Avatar with no plan in place.

ParentsOf4

Will it turn out Paris was a cover for DHS? It's been a while since the media hasn't scoped Iger. As a CEO, the leaks have to be frustrating.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This. If there's an announcement, I'm expecting it to be studio related (TV or movies) at this point. Just because it's happening in the parks doesn't mean it is parks related -- this would be a reasonable venue for any Star Wars related news being officially announced. Might just be something like the official title of Star Wars VII.

Maybe an official announcement that the big three have been signed for Episode VII.

ParentsOf4

Since this is Star Wars day at HS I can't imagine them announcing something that isn't Star Wars related. Of course that doesn't mean it will be something major. Could even be an announcement about the movies.
Given that it's "May the Fourth" day, anything other than a Star Wars announcement will bring howls from the peanut gallery, including me. Even if Iger is oblivious, there's no way he staff could be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom