Bob Iger in HS

Swfewrmco

My mousekeeper told me they were building a whole new land there.
My bus driver told me that Iger and Staggs were partying at Top of the World, dancing on the blueprints of Fire Mountain and drinking the tears of lifestylers. Mongello was seen tending bar while attempting to offload some of the top shelf liquor into a nondescript duffle bag with the words "Live your dreams" embroidered on the side.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My bus driver told me that Iger and Staggs were partying at Top of the World, dancing on the blueprints of Fire Mountain and drinking the tears of lifestylers. Mongello was seen tending bar while attempting to offload some of the top shelf liquor into a nondescript duffle bag with the words "Live your dreams" embroidered on the side.

Well, the lifeguard at my pool told me that the new Fantasy Land was a Harry Potter killer, and had amazing new rides that couldn't be found at any other Disney Park.

TEAM Dasia

Just for a Wrong post on a social network that doesnt you have to be angry at Bob Iger and you guys dont any proof that Iger was really there.and if it is true that Iger was there maybe hes just checking the whole resort for the upcoming expansions and beside if a Disney Excecutive was visiting that doesnt always mean that were going to be announcements or some news. and today May 4th might just be That the day Iger wanted a private trip over WDW.
WOW guys your desperate for WDW.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Just for a Wrong post on a social network that doesnt you have to be angry at Bob Iger and you guys dont any proof that Iger was really there.and if it is true that Iger was there maybe hes just checking the whole resort for the upcoming expansions and beside if a Disney Excecutive was visiting that doesnt always mean that were going to be announcements or some news. and today May 4th might just be That the day Iger wanted a private trip over WDW.
Welcome to the boards. I hope your stay is magical because your typing and sentence structure isn't so much.

ParentsOf4

If Iger was at DHS yesterday then, come on everybody, a CEO of a mega corporation doesn't fly across the United States just to attend the "May the Fourth Be With You" celebration. Iger is no Star Wars geek. Heck, he's rarely seen at WDW. If he was there, then it was for a reason.

So, no announcement last night. It's not surprising. The cautious Iger doesn't normally make business decisions that quickly. It's looking like it's going to be 6 years between Avatarland announcement and opening. That's Iger. However, If he was there, I interpret it as good news (eventually) for WDW fans.

At the November earnings call, Iger said:
Obviously, we've had Star Wars in the past. This gives us an ability to expand that presence in our parks.
When asked about Star Wars at the February earnings call, Iger said:
But there is activity across our businesses, including online and mobile apps, and television, and consumer products, and publishing, as you would expect; and Parks and Resorts, that we've been working on now for quite some time. And time will start exposing all of that to the outside world.
Iger's been talking about an expanded Star Wars presence at the theme parks for a while. Initial plans were to expand at some non-U.S. theme parks but Star War land at WDW is at least being considered. Heck, Disney polled us about it. Yes, they poll about all sorts of things but Burbank is not clueless. They understand the value of the Star Wars IP and know, under the right conditions, it could be the most exciting (and profitable;)) thing to happen at the WDW theme parks in decades.

Does anyone know for certain that Iger was at DHS yesterday? Did anyone physically see him?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I don't think anyone is angry at Iger. People are angry at the Disney bloggers who kept posting that there was going to be an announcement last night which ended up not being true.

FlaMel

I was there. At 11:59 pm, just moments before the end of the DJ Lobot dance party, Bob Iger took the stage and said (and I quote) "Ladies and Gentlemen, we hope you enjoyed the May the 4th celebration here at Disney's Hollywood Studios! Thank you for coming and goodnight."

Umm, didn't think I'd need to say this......but, this statement was totally tongue in cheek.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom