Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

JWG

WDW was due, at some point, to get this type of treament. Wether because they left things to fall apart for too long or just because of cycles, it seemed it would need to happen. I was hoping for Epcot first, but I'll take anything at this point.

BrerJon

I agree - but I still feel a huge delta between even a roller coaster through Japan.. and a 'pretend you are a rat in the movie ratatouille'

Just because its set in paris doesn't make it a fit for World Showcase.

The 'land' that Ratatouille is in is themed almost identically to France in Epcot, so it would be a comfortable fit.

GU8UWVf.png

It is, however, not a very good ride, so would be a bit of a disappointment. If you're going to toonify, at least make a great attraction worth biting your tongue for.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You really don't seriously think that you are going to hear anymore about this stuff do you. I have no doubt that he has heard things, but, I would be beyond surprised if any details will be forthcoming.
I can't say more just yet. Rest assured it will come out soon.

And you know I'm not easily excited by WDW developments any more.

JWG

My fear is the ever changing plans after even Disney announces things. They hid Star Wars references in the 2013 D23 expo, and two years later we may finally hear something. The revealed these big Fantasyland plans that then changed after that (though adding a ride was a good change from more meet and greets). Anyway, my fear is to hear about these really grand $1B-$2B plans and then watch as we slowly get the value imagined version if EPS isn't acceptable. Maybe this is the start of renewed faith and hope in Disney's commitement to their theme parks.

hopemax

While I don't see, logistically, how park-to-park transport/attraction could work. WDW's parks are too spread out and with major roads like Buena Vista Dr and World Drive, separating parks, not knowing what is wetlands or too swampy...I do really wish there WAS in-park to in-park transport. It was so horribly hot and uncomfortable last week. The only place we park hopped was with Hogwarts Express. Otherwise, it's just too much work in "feels like 105" heat to walk to a bus/boat, deal with bag check, walk to gate. It's too much of a "chore" especially, if there are too many people waiting and you end up not getting on the bus/boat and you have to wait until the next one, and who knows how many are running so how long it will be...The current transportation options add a lot of mileage to tired bodies and feet. The HE is probably my favorite piece of all the Harry Potter stuff, because it's just so easy to go from the "middle of the action" to "middle of the action." It has done far more to increase my "convenience" happiness and satisfaction levels than Magic Bands and changed how I plan a day at a theme park. For me, it is a real game changer and something I wish Disney would copy.

But since it can't happen, I would also love it if Star Tours was a destination hub. PeopleMovers to somewhere different than where you boarded.

Mike S

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom