Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

polynesiangirl

Time to bust this sucker out again. Once again, thanks @CaptainAmerica ;)
lykgxPi.gif

Who brought the champagne? :D

I don't know how I've missed this gif before, but it is amazing. LOL

Mike S

Students at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania worked out how much it would cost to build the Death Star and came up with a figure of $8,100,000,000,000,000 (that reads $8.1 quadrillion!), which is 13,000 times the world's GDP.

So... just how much did the BoD open their pocketbooks? Also, I need to be careful what I wish for.
This kind of stuff is what math was invented for :)
Looks like some good did come out of the meeting at Walt Disney World. Disneyland will spend one billion dollars on new projects if the city of anaheim doesnt put a gate tax on admission.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-668511-city-anaheim.html
Disneyland just continues to get the love. Hopefully the ball has started rolling for WDW with this DHS thing like it did for DL during its 50th.

Progress.City

I'm pretty sure they will hold a special press event to announce everything. Usually, they send out invites to the press a couple of weeks before the event. That's what we should be looking for - a press invitation. Is WDWmagic.com on WDW's press mailing list?

Cesar R M

Students at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania worked out how much it would cost to build the Death Star and came up with a figure of $8,100,000,000,000,000 (that reads $8.1 quadrillion!), which is 13,000 times the world's GDP.

So... just how much did the BoD open their pocketbooks? Also, I need to be careful what I wish for.
Perhaps they asked for the "Walmart" version?
Not the supersized?

Vegas Disney Fan

Why would they be upset? Toontown is awful.
For me it's not so much Toontown disappearing but the logic behind putting a very popular IP in an area that has to close early for fireworks. Putting Star Wars or Avengers in the current Toontown location, along with projection technology, patents for drone screens, etc makes me worry about the long term plans for fireworks at DL.

Mouse Trap

For me it's not so much Toontown disappearing but the logic behind putting a very popular IP in an area that has to close early for fireworks. Putting Star Wars or Avengers in the current Toontown location, along with projection technology, patents for drone screens, etc makes me worry about the long term plans for fireworks at DL.

Is there any reason why Toontown makes more sense than Big Thunder Ranch area? Big Thunder Ranch is a complete and utter waste of space IMO.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Buybacks are not 'organic growth' - and you don't want the company growing in an unsustainable manner or overextending itself. You don't want "well we had a great quarter, so lets jump into some new random market!"

I didn't say buybacks, but I can see why you thought I meant that. Homemade dividends I simply selling shares. I want the company putting money into their business not buybacks. Also note to the wise don't sell your shares in a buyback... At the very least wait until after.

PhotoDave219

I didn't say buybacks, but I can see why you thought I meant that. Homemade dividends I simply selling shares. I want the company putting money into their business not buybacks. Also note to the wise don't sell your shares in a buyback... At the very least wait until after.

Dear god, I wouldn't sell until after Star Wars is released.... its at $114 in after-hours trading as it is. Gotta think that's going to keep going up and hit 120-125 by Christmas. But hey, I only have one share.

PhotoDave219

Iger personally said he wasn't going to announce anything until all the New Kids were either in jail or incoherent. So, really, any day now.

I'm pretty sure I believe my friends (some of whom are under NDA and cant tell me anything) over some boyband has-been wannabe.

Either that or he's talking about Jay Rasulo's exit which should have been discussed at the board meeting. I feel bad for the guy, Played the political game and was forced out. Didnt like his lack of ideas but hate to see anyone fall victim to the ruthlessness of internal politics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom