Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

mahnamahna101

Just been a bit busy. I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing the fruits of a lot of labor to come. I think everyone around here is excited because it seems like a dam has just burst and the good times are here again. From my perspective, all of this has been in the works for years, and it's just nice to see people get excited about what's to come! :) I can't do specifics yet. But I've said in responses in other threads that there are lots of great things happening behind the scenes, with a ton of planning across the parks, getting the necessary infrastructure in place, fixing past mistakes and getting needed improvements in, and I think Disney fans (myself included) will be happy with the outcome. Once more announcements are made, I'll chime in more as I can.
Across the parks?

So there's plans for MK, Epcot and post-Pandora AK included?

PhotoDave219

Very true... they're taking the first step for Hollywood Studios to stand on its own. Unfortunately, similar to Universal Orlando pre-Potter, DHS will need quite a lot of investment and fleshing out before it becomes a full-day destination of its own.

Without re-riding ToT/RnRC/Star Tours all day ;)

Just hope the Pixar portion of the expansion has some real substance. TSPL and a HITSK reskin ought to cost $100-110 million total. Pixar Place could use a dark ride or two to help TSMM out.

So something like..
DHS - $1.75 billion
Epcot - $750 million

$2.5 billion for WDW (not including Pandora, RoL, nighttime safari, Sunset flex theater, Frozenstrom, Soarin' 3rd theater, TSMM 3rd track or Disney Springs)... plus I see MK getting $300-500 million for enhancements to the classics, a new parade, new fireworks, as well as replacements for Stitch/Laugh Floor.

Honestly, other than non-TSPL Pixar expansion and Star Wars Land, there's a lot that could be fasttracked for DHS to be done reasonably quick (2.5 yrs or less).

Toy Story Playland
HITSK reskin
X-Wing spinner
Muppets mini-land
Great Movie Ride upgrade/refurb
B&TB replacement
Little Mermaid replacement
Animation Academy revamp
Relocation of Pizza Planet (if too costly, cut it... Gusteau's or Flo's would be better for Pixar Place anyways)

Even with TDO prices, all of that should be relatively cheap! Make minor improvements/placemaking first, then give us the meal (Pixar Place expansion) with dessert on top (Star Wars Land)

Epcot's got to be next on TDO/TDA's list. Frozen Ever After isn't going to be enough to hold it over decades past the 50th.

Hong Kong and Tokyo have different ways of budgeting than Orlando/Anaheim.

How much of that is confirmed?

articos

Across the parks?

So there's plans for MK, Epcot and post-Pandora AK included?
DAK will be set for a while post-Avatar. There are always ideas on the table for longer term, and there are improvements still yet(i) to be made, but for the most part, DAK is in the midst of a pretty large update, and the work cycle for that park will settle post Avatar. Not forever, but for a bit. The other two, yes. I have mentioned both in the recent past.

jt04

Just been a bit busy. I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing the fruits of a lot of labor to come. I think everyone around here is excited because it seems like a dam has just burst and the good times are here again. From my perspective, all of this has been in the works for years, and it's just nice to see people get excited about what's to come! :) I can't do specifics yet. But I've said in responses in other threads that there are lots of great things happening behind the scenes, with a ton of planning across the parks, getting the necessary infrastructure in place, fixing past mistakes and getting needed improvements in, and I think Disney fans (myself included) will be happy with the outcome. Once more announcements are made, I'll chime in more as I can.

Yes. It is clear they have been setting everything in order for years for this moment. Very exciting!

Mike S

DAK will be set for a while post-Avatar. There are always ideas on the table for longer term, and there are improvements still yet(i) to be made, but for the most part, DAK is in the midst of a pretty large update, and the work cycle for that park will settle post Avatar. Not forever, but for a bit. The other two, yes. I have mentioned both in the recent past.
Fully depends on what Disney's definition of "a bit" is. We don't need a repeat of waiting 11 years between major additions.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Fully depends on what Disney's definition of "a bit" is. We don't need a repeat of waiting 11 years between major additions.
PHENOMENAL budgetary power, teeny tiny restroom upgrades. ;)

AladdinGenieFinger11fLG.gif

ToTBellHop

god forbid they just go away....
What kind of Scrooge doesn't like the Osborne Lights? They are easily the most impressive holiday offering and they receive updates nearly every year. Disney will want them to stay long term as they are the primary holiday offering at DHS.

More on point, the closure of BLT, Sparrow, and apparently One Man's Dream and Animation suggest Pixar work is imminent.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
What kind of Scrooge doesn't like the Osborne Lights? They are easily the most impressive holiday offering and they receive updates nearly every year. Disney will want them to stay long term as they are the primary holiday offering at DHS.

More on point, the closure of BLT, Sparrow, and apparently One Man's Dream and Animation suggest Pixar work is imminent.
Where do you think the lights will be placed 2 years from now?
*1023*

HauntedMansionFLA

Rumor has it that LMA could be shut down too. That would really give a huge Pixar expansion.

ThemeParkJunkee

Usually when some says "God forbid" they mean they don't want something to happen...unless the poster was being sarcastic.

Have to agree about the Pixar work being the "beginning".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom