Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Progress.City

Looks like some good did come out of the meeting at Walt Disney World. Disneyland will spend one billion dollars on new projects if the city of anaheim doesnt put a gate tax on admission.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/disney-668511-city-anaheim.html
Also, did you see DLP announced a major redo plan a few days ago? They are getting Star Tours 2, the new Big Thunder ending that DL got, and new effects for Pirates of the Carribean and Peter Pan's Flight.

Last edited:

Shaman

So it seems like, from reading between the lines here, we may not even get info for Star Wars at DHS. We may get an announcement soon about SW at DL. So a safer assumption would be that we will hear about the Pixar expansion at DHS instead...soon? Forget budget numbers? If they spend big money on both coasts at the same time...investors are gonna whine.

SYRIK2000

So it seems like, from reading between the lines here, we may not even get info for Star Wars at DHS. We may get an announcement soon about SW at DL. So a safer assumption would be that we will hear about the Pixar expansion at DHS instead...soon? Forget budget numbers? If they spend big money on both coasts at the same time...investors are gonna whine.

No Spirit clearly said Marvel to DL and SW to WDW.

MagicHappens1971

Well now we know what the meeting was about. lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 215

gmajew

I thought about this for a little bit and it would make a lot of sense if that is what happens. WDW can not use Marvel in its park even though the conspiracy people will say they can in some form they can not and won't. So it would make perfect sense for them to spend money on Marvel in California and Star Wars in WDW to start. This way both cost can have a unique experience and drive traffic to both parks. As both of these fan basis are crazy!

TheScreed

They're building it either way.

What? You don't believe that Disney would refuse to invest in their flagship resort just because the local municipality added a tax that gets passed through to customers? I find that threat to be totally credible.

Also, Disney will relocate DLR to a foreign country unless Obamacare is repealed.

Shaman

What about Marvel at DHS?.......Kidding!!!

I'm just concerned that if they spread the park investment love, WDW will get screwed on the budgets. I'm thinking we'll probably hear about this stuff in pieces instead of in some grand FLE or Disney Springs fashion. Recall the giant models.

I trust the insiders though.

Progress.City

What? You don't believe that Disney would refuse to invest in their flagship resort just because the local municipality added a tax that gets passed through to customers? I find that threat to be totally credible.

Also, Disney will relocate DLR to a foreign country unless Obamacare is repealed.
Hey, politics is strictly forbidden here! I'm not one who usually tries to police things here, but a joke like that is temping for liberals like myself to answer. So, instead of answering it and breaking the rules, I am posting this.

Mouse Trap

The OC Register article we are referring to also states Disneyland plans on making these expansions by 2017 at the latest. While I pray to see big movement much sooner hopefully this is an indicator when the ball will really be rolling at WDW as well.

Billion dollar+ expansions planned at both WDW and DL...I can't remember a more exciting time!

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Because they are a lot more "attached" to their parks and get really upset when anything changes/gets taken away..good or bad. I mean I admire their passion..but sometimes change is good.

This statement is largely true, however, there is not the huge love for this area (read:ToonTown) that would not be overcome by a very special announcement(or two). There would be some outward expression of angst by a small minority to be sure, but it would be very small compared to the over-lappping "Fan Base".

*1023*

Progress.City

The OC Register article we are referring to also states Disneyland plans on making these expansions by 2017 at the latest. While I pray to see big movement much sooner hopefully this is an indicator when the ball will really be rolling at WDW as well.

Billion dollar+ expansions planned at both WDW and DL...I can't remember a more exciting time!
Well, only the Anaheim one was officially confirmed so far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom