Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

CaptainAmerica

What it means is obvious. There be exciting times ahead ;)
Aye!

tumblr_inline_n5ravqkGaN1ro4hyr.gif

Rodan75

I still have yet to hear any SW announcement planned for WDW at D23. Disneyland, yes... thats a distinct possibility yet unconfirmed.

The World? Notsomuch at the moment.

Yeah...you would have to imagine that if Star Wars is the next big thing for DLR, then it may get a mention at D23. But for the World...Pandora and Frozen Ever After are the next big things and what they want folks to start getting excited about. They don't want people to delay a trip to FL until after Pandora AND Star Wars are complete.

Mike S

Yeah...you would have to imagine that if Star Wars is the next big thing for DLR, then it may get a mention at D23. But for the World...Pandora and Frozen Ever After are the next big things and what they want folks to start getting excited about. They don't want people to delay a trip to FL until after Pandora AND Star Wars are complete.
If Star Wars doesn't open till 2020/2021, people who want to see Avatar will come see it in 2017. Then 3/4 years later come for Star Wars.

ThemeParkJunkee

The timing should fit nicely with my planned visits in 2018 and 2022 after which time I suspect I will be done with any roller coasters. I've already written off Space Mountain after last fall, sigh.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
The campaign would be in phases just like the construction. People will see things being built. It's not like you can hide building the Death Star.

Funny you mention it according to the old cannon the 1st death star was built in secret! Using mostly wookie slaves the station was built in relative secretly. After completion of the death star the planet, Despayre, originally named Horuz, holding the wookie slaves was used as the death stars test subject keeping leaks from happening. My suggestion to everyone's bothans is that if disney wants to keep this secret... be careful! Lol

I've gotten a few notes that suggest that things will start moving before the end of tHe fiscal year...

... Exactly what that entails or means, IDK.

O please let this be true! I will settle for anythi ng to get this moving forward n I mean anything!

NowInc

Its pretty much a given that we in FL WILL get more star wars, just not first. We already have Star Wars Weekends to appease the fans for now, so focusing on other additions to the parks will be prioritized.

Want to play a fun game? Lets see how upset the West Coasters are over them getting SW (considering what It may replace), where we on the east coast are begging for it.

truecoat

Its pretty much a given that we in FL WILL get more star wars, just not first. We already have Star Wars Weekends to appease the fans for now, so focusing on other additions to the parks will be prioritized.

Want to play a fun game? Lets see how upset the West Coasters are over them getting SW (considering what It may replace), where we on the east coast are begging for it.

Why would they be upset? Toontown is awful.

truecoat

Because they are a lot more "attached" to their parks and get really upset when anything changes/gets taken away..good or bad. I mean I admire their passion..but sometimes change is good.

What I've seen suggests the opposite when its concerning toontown. There aren't many who wouldn't mind the trade. The only thing worth keeping is Roger Rabbit.

Last edited:

TimothyG

The problem with talking about "presence" is.. they never claimed it was going to be a star wars land.

I mean, the star wars weekends is "presence".
Same with tangled toilets.

But if you read his quotes in the Variety article from 2014, it's pretty clear that he's talking about theme park attractions and not just more Star Wars Weekends. If they were just going to do something that trivial, they would have already done it by now.

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/st...-to-be-based-on-new-films-not-old-1201376154/

stretchsje

Students at Lehigh University in Pennsylvania worked out how much it would cost to build the Death Star and came up with a figure of $8,100,000,000,000,000 (that reads $8.1 quadrillion!), which is 13,000 times the world's GDP.

So... just how much did the BoD open their pocketbooks? Also, I need to be careful what I wish for.

Jahona

Interesting article. Makes you wonder if they are willing to spend 1 billion, on top of DCA redo, for Disneyland how much would they spend at WDW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom