Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I didn't say buybacks, but I can see why you thought I meant that. Homemade dividends I simply selling shares. I want the company putting money into their business not buybacks. Also note to the wise don't sell your shares in a buyback... At the very least wait until after.

Still applies that a company should grow in sustainable ways that will return in a steady fashion. I dont want the current balance sheet to dictate market research and strategy. You do good, return the excess to the sh'ers...

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure I believe my friends (some of whom are under NDA and cant tell me anything) over some boyband has-been wannabe.

Either that or he's talking about Jay Rasulo's exit which should have been discussed at the board meeting. I feel bad for the guy, Played the political game and was forced out. Didnt like his lack of ideas but hate to see anyone fall victim to the ruthlessness of internal politics.

Not everyone can win... The second place finishers moving on is commonplace. Heck in the military at the higher ranks it's mandatory... Get passed over enough and its retirement time... And the number of slots is fixed... Oh and congressional approval too...tough place to be

gmajew

Dear god, I wouldn't sell until after Star Wars is released.... its at $114 in after-hours trading as it is. Gotta think that's going to keep going up and hit 120-125 by Christmas. But hey, I only have one share.

Disney is a hold stock for me IMO it will creep until about 130 and then you will see some sort of stock split to make it affordable again. Then rise again.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Not everyone can win... The second place finishers moving on is commonplace. Heck in the military at the higher ranks it's mandatory... Get passed over enough and its retirement time... And the number of slots is fixed... Oh and congressional approval too...tough place to be

Yup, Jay will be fine... He can either retire happily or find another high ranking job in a Fortune 500 company.

Jlasoon

Dear god, I wouldn't sell until after Star Wars is released.... its at $114 in after-hours trading as it is. Gotta think that's going to keep going up and hit 120-125 by Christmas. But hey, I only have one share.
In the interim it goes to 125
Disney is a hold stock for me IMO it will creep until about 130 and then you will see some sort of stock split to make it affordable again. Then rise again.

I've got a Jan 2017 $155-160 price target. Loading up on a crap ton of call options too.

Edit: Star Wars is bigger than most think. Add Disney's marketing and distribution to the mix and voila!

Darth Sidious

In the interim it goes to 125

I've got a Jan 2017 $155-160 price target. Loading up on a crap ton of call options too.

Edit: Star Wars is bigger than most think. Add Disney's marketing and distribution to the mix and voila!

At work we have $121 by year end as the current target.

DisneyRoy

I've gotten a few notes that suggest that things will start moving before the end of tHe fiscal year...

... Exactly what that entails or means, IDK.

I've also read in other threads that they might be waiting on Pandora to get closer to finishing before starting anything at DHS. I'm guess by your statement that this is not true. Which would make me extremely happy.

Darth Sidious

I just want to say again how much I like Jack Dorsey and his involvement with the company. He is constantly posting quotes of Walt and pictures of Walt but I think this tweet he replied to sums Jack up:

je5dnBi.jpg

Edit: I like this one too...
TFKgUbG.jpg

mahnamahna101

The park will be a much better place when all is said and finished (years from now). But don't get too crazy with expectations or you'll be disappointed.

Ultimately, this will be a good thing. Isn't that what you should care about?
Very true... they're taking the first step for Hollywood Studios to stand on its own. Unfortunately, similar to Universal Orlando pre-Potter, DHS will need quite a lot of investment and fleshing out before it becomes a full-day destination of its own.

Without re-riding ToT/RnRC/Star Tours all day ;)

Just hope the Pixar portion of the expansion has some real substance. TSPL and a HITSK reskin ought to cost $100-110 million total. Pixar Place could use a dark ride or two to help TSMM out.

Gates have finally completely rebounded from the recession, and WDW is literally busting at the seems..

Epcot will see a portion of the investment as well
So something like..
DHS - $1.75 billion
Epcot - $750 million

$2.5 billion for WDW (not including Pandora, RoL, nighttime safari, Sunset flex theater, Frozenstrom, Soarin' 3rd theater, TSMM 3rd track or Disney Springs)... plus I see MK getting $300-500 million for enhancements to the classics, a new parade, new fireworks, as well as replacements for Stitch/Laugh Floor.
I believe that some of this project will move quite quickly.
Honestly, other than non-TSPL Pixar expansion and Star Wars Land, there's a lot that could be fasttracked for DHS to be done reasonably quick (2.5 yrs or less).

Toy Story Playland
HITSK reskin
X-Wing spinner
Muppets mini-land
Great Movie Ride upgrade/refurb
B&TB replacement
Little Mermaid replacement
Animation Academy revamp
Relocation of Pizza Planet (if too costly, cut it... Gusteau's or Flo's would be better for Pixar Place anyways)

Even with TDO prices, all of that should be relatively cheap! Make minor improvements/placemaking first, then give us the meal (Pixar Place expansion) with dessert on top (Star Wars Land)

Well DAK is getting plenty of love, MK just got NFL, so with the exception of Epcot they all already have. Although they did give it Frozenstrom ;)
Epcot's got to be next on TDO/TDA's list. Frozen Ever After isn't going to be enough to hold it over decades past the 50th.

I know this is just armchair imagineering fodder, but the HKDL expansion most assuredly did not cost 1.25 billion... 2 E's and TSPL.
Hong Kong and Tokyo have different ways of budgeting than Orlando/Anaheim.

articos

You've been very quiet so far amidst all of the excitement. Having been on here for several years, I can tell that you're certainly connected creatively to theme parks, and I would never ask for your specific relationship with any of the parks...that being said, are you as excited as we all are, and have you seen/heard specifics that are cause for us to be as hopeful as we are?

I thoroughly enjoy reading your responses, and appreciate everything you share, and if you cannot in this case, or aren't comfortable with that, I completely respect that.

Just been a bit busy. I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing the fruits of a lot of labor to come. I think everyone around here is excited because it seems like a dam has just burst and the good times are here again. From my perspective, all of this has been in the works for years, and it's just nice to see people get excited about what's to come! :) I can't do specifics yet. But I've said in responses in other threads that there are lots of great things happening behind the scenes, with a ton of planning across the parks, getting the necessary infrastructure in place, fixing past mistakes and getting needed improvements in, and I think Disney fans (myself included) will be happy with the outcome. Once more announcements are made, I'll chime in more as I can.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom