Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I want an Admiral Ackbar movie.

There's an Admiral Ackbar Christmas Ornament from Hallmark.... released today actually.

That is because there are rumors that the Admiral will be in The Force Awakens! Also In the Comic Con video about the making of The Force Awakens they show new costumes for Admiral Ackbar! Here is a Link and its at about the 2:55 minute mark, and no its not A TRAP!

Sorry @Lee its a Fake:(

star-wars-movies-leak-faked.jpg

From what I am reading the Obi Wan films seem to be the next step. If they are going to be a trilogy than I would expect this current cycle to finish before they begin that project. The anthology films will be great i am so excited to see what they do with Rogue! They are rumored to be a different bread of Star Wars movies exploring darker grittier themes and such. My understanding is that Rogue will be shot almost a military movie, think Saving Private Ryan meet Star Wars. Who knows how it will actually be cut, but I am for a new view on a vary large Galaxy.

PhotoDave219

That is because there are rumors that the Admiral will be in The Force Awakens! Also In the Comic Con video about the making of The Force Awakens they show new costumes for Admiral Ackbar! Here is a Link and its at about the 2:55 minute mark, and no its not A TRAP!

Sorry @Lee its a Fake:(

star-wars-movies-leak-faked.jpg

From what I am reading the Obi Wan films seem to be the next step. If they are going to be a trilogy than I would expect this current cycle to finish before they begin that project. The anthology films will be great i am so excited to see what they do with Rogue! They are rumored to be a different bread of Star Wars movies exploring darker grittier themes and such. My understanding is that Rogue will be shot almost a military movie, think Saving Private Ryan meet Star Wars. Who knows how it will actually be cut, but I am for a new view on a vary large Galaxy.

I watched the clip, Yes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While I couldn't agree more, I don't think Disney has ever had a ride system that could handle 4,000+ per hour, and certainly not an E Ticket.
They have indeed not.

World of Motion 3240
Mansion and Pirates 3200
Iasw 3000
Horizons 2660
Spaceship Earth 2400
Listen to the Land 2445
The Living Seas 2484
Journey into Imagination 2240
Aerials Undersea 2200
Energy 1930

Dwarf Coaster 1600
Toy Story Mania 1000

Vegas Disney Fan

Toy Story Mania 1000

Is that confirmed? I've timed dispatches at DCA (bored while waiting) and they average around 30 seconds per unload/load cycle, at 2 vehicles of 8 passengers every load cycle that would put capacity near 32 a minute or 1920 per hour. It's purely anecdotal but I can't imagine the load/unload time being double what I've witnessed, even if it was every 45 seconds per cycle the capacity would be almost 1500 . I've seen 1000 on several threads from several posters and have always wondered if what I've witnessed is that far off or if the 1000 is just a guesstimate.

ToTBellHop

Fastpass would have no impact whatsoever on total riders per hour.
I'm told it does but like you, I can't understand how. I can see it impairing flow through the queue but not loading into ride vehicles. Those doors they added to each car a few years back certainly slowed loading significantly.

bakntime

I'm told it does but like you, I can't understand how. I can see it impairing flow through the queue but not loading into ride vehicles. Those doors they added to each car a few years back certainly slowed loading significantly.
Yeah, fastpass doesn't impact load/dispatch times. The "pool" of guests that are waiting for the ride vehicle is always full. In other words, the point at which fastpass guests merge with regular guests is always before that "waiting pool". Now, fastpass clearly impacts wait times (though how much is debatable and we really shouldn't discuss that here as we're already way off topic and the discussion wasn't about wait times anyway).

The gates on TSM might have impacted loading, but I'm not sure that dispatch times are ultimately affected by that, as you're usually sitting in the vehicle ready to go for a short time before dispatch, anyway.

bakntime

Indeed It does not impact the THRC.

It does however impact the OHRC.
I'm not sure what those acronyms mean, but if the argument is that the the "daily unique riders" is different based on fastpass, then yes, that's obviously going to be impacted in some way by the existence of fastpass. You're probably getting more unique riders per day without fastpass, whereas you'll get more double and triple rides from guests when fastpass is available (ride it once via standby, ride it again via fastpass, etc), but the data on that would be terribly hard to analyze. Surveys would be the only way (currently) to determine that, until they start scanning magicbands of every standby guest to determine who's re-riding.

Basically, in one day, you might get 20,000 people to ride an attraction. If nobody rode it twice, that's 20,000 unique riders. If, however, several thousand of those 20,000 riders are people who are double or triple riding it in one day, then the attraction might only be serving 16 or 17,000 "unique" riders.

But my argument is that if the virtual turnstiles are clicked 1,000 times per hour without fastpass, they'll also click 1,000 times per hour with fastpass (as long as we're talking about an attraction that's never walk-on (empty line) at any points during the day).

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm not sure what those acronyms mean
Theoretical versus Operational hourly ride capacity. What the ride can handle as designed on paper as opposed to in the real world day to day operation.

Ask any ops or load CM what Fastpass does. Number one is it inflates standby lines. The hourly or daily theoretical number remains the same but the actual standby wait times (and queue lengths) are longer than without Fastpass. Undersea Adventures opening days being a case in point when it ran both ways. As has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards for years now. Try a thread search for more information perhaps since it's beyond the scope of and off the topic of this thread.

Last edited:

mahnamahna101

Theoretical versus Operational hourly ride capacity.

Ask any ops or load CM what Fastpass does. Number one is it inflates standby lines. The hourly or daily theoretical number remains the same but the actual standby wait times (and queue lengths) are longer than without Fastpass. Undersea Adventures opening days being a case in point when it ran both ways. As has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards for years now. Try a thread search for more information perhaps since it's beyond the scope of and off the topic of this thread.
It's most noticeable when you look at the classic people-eaters' wait-times since FP+

JC - 50 to 70 min
POTC - 40 to 50 min
HM - 40 to 60 min
SSE - 20 to 40 min
GMR - 30 to 50 min
IASW - 30 to 40 min
LwtL - 20 to 30 min

All of those used to be relatively short waits - attractions you did in the mid-afternoon because there was never a long line. Now only the PeopleMover and Figment really fulfill that role.

bakntime

Theoretical versus Operational hourly ride capacity.

That wasn't the discussion though, was it? We were talking about capacity (riders per hour), not wait times. I don't have to ask a CM what fastpass does to know what it doesn't do: It doesn't impact operational hourly capacity for an attraction that's never walk-on. In other words, as long as the queue is always full (which Toy Story Mania would be whether there was fastpass or not), ride capacity (theoretically, practical, operational or whatever adjective you want to throw at it) isn't in any way impacted by fastpass.

bakntime

It's most noticeable when you look at the classic people-eaters' wait-times since FP+

JC - 50 to 70 min
POTC - 40 to 50 min
HM - 40 to 60 min
SSE - 20 to 40 min
GMR - 30 to 50 min
IASW - 30 to 40 min
LwtL - 20 to 30 min

All of those used to be relatively short waits - attractions you did in the mid-afternoon because there was never a long line. Now only the PeopleMover and Figment really fulfill that role.
I'm not singling you out, but I just wanted to point out that we're veering dangerously off topic into a debate that was never part of this discussion. There are obviously lengthy discussions that already exist about fastpass's impact on wait times. That wasn't any part of this discussion, and I can't for the life of me figure out how it got drawn into it.

bakntime

The discussion turned a tangent and you didn't take part of that particular chat.

Anyway, back to 3.5 billion.

I'm not sure were things got discombobulated, but this is how the chaos began:

Toy Story Mania 1000

Is that confirmed? ...

Was when I asked.

The Orlando version is further bogged down by Fastpass.

My point is that I took your reply (perhaps incorrectly) as an implication that that fastpass in Orlando was impacting the capacity of TSM (the 1000 number), making it less than than the Anaheim capacity. But fastpass wouldn't impact capacity per hour in this context (riders per hour, whether theoretical or actual or whatever, wouldn't be impacted whatsoever by fastpass use on a ride like TSM which is never a walk on, neither Orlando nor Anaheim; the queue is always full in both locations). Standby wait times? Absolutely, they're impacted.

Anyway, I didn't intend to drag this out or suggest that you don't know what you're talking about. I think that at some point there was simply a misinterpretation of what one of us was saying and it resulted in this craziness. No harm, no foul.

CARRY ON

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom