Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Mike S

I want an Admiral Ackbar movie.
I smell a crossover :D
image.jpg

Cesar R M

I don't know about that one. I think Han Solo and Boba Fett are the two that look certain to happen, beyond that there are a lot of possibilities. I've read different things about Ewan McGregor possibly being contacted about an Obi-Wan anthology film but nothing reliable enough to make me think its imminent. There are so many possibilities for the anthology films; Yoda is apparently getting a film at some point and I think classic characters like Tarkin and Lando are ones that fans would like to see more of in origin stories. If I had to guess I think we'll get Yoda after Han and Fett but nothing would really surprise me. We're about to be introduced to a whole new set of characters in Episode 7 which opens up the possibility for even more anthology films, there are characters like Captain Phasma who we next to nothing about but have already caught the imagination and have fans asking questions and speculating.

I do know one thing for sure: now is a very exciting time to be a Star Wars fan
Id definitively would like to watch the Rise of Tarkin.
would be a good tribute to the actor (who was very close friends with Christopher Lee.. aka another bad guy)

FrankLapidus

Obi wan is the second most liked/most known in the Star Wars universe according to a recent survey.

mcgreggor is the perfect age to play obiwan between revenge and ANH.
It will get made....but they might wait to see how the rouge one stand alone film does before Disney throws more money into the universe.

I don't think Disney will be at all hesitant about throwing money into the Star Wars universe, if there is such thing as a sure thing in Hollywood then Star Wars is probably it. I think they're going to go all out and we'll see more films announced and added to the existing schedule in the coming months and years.

In regards to Obi-Wan, I'd agree it will happen but I wouldn't like to guess in what timeframe it would be set or even whether McGregor would be involved. They could stick with him and tell his story between the prequel and original trilogies or they could even recast the role with a younger actor and tell more of an origin story about his younger years as a Jedi.

I want an Admiral Ackbar movie.

I second that. Emphatically.

FrankLapidus

would be a good tribute to the actor (who was very close friends with Christopher Lee.. aka another bad guy)

Absolutely. Although I'm a curious to see what Ben Mendelsohn's role will be in Rogue One. He's rumoured to be playing the villain and I think there's a very Tarkin-like quality to him...

You mention Christopher Lee and he, for me, is one of the bright spots in the prequels so I think Dooku might be an interesting subject for a possible anthology film somewhere down the line.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

A movie adaptation of that canon Tarkin book they released last fall would probably be a lot more pleasant then reading the thing. It's great to learn his backstory and the wilderness survival stuff as a young man is cool, but man is it a dry read.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom