Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's most noticeable when you look at the classic people-eaters' wait-times since FP+

JC - 50 to 70 min
POTC - 40 to 50 min
HM - 40 to 60 min
SSE - 20 to 40 min
GMR - 30 to 50 min
IASW - 30 to 40 min
LwtL - 20 to 30 min

All of those used to be relatively short waits - attractions you did in the mid-afternoon because there was never a long line. Now only the PeopleMover and Figment really fulfill that role.

Where are you getting these wait times from?

Cesar R M

Is that confirmed? I've timed dispatches at DCA (bored while waiting) and they average around 30 seconds per unload/load cycle, at 2 vehicles of 8 passengers every load cycle that would put capacity near 32 a minute or 1920 per hour. It's purely anecdotal but I can't imagine the load/unload time being double what I've witnessed, even if it was every 45 seconds per cycle the capacity would be almost 1500 . I've seen 1000 on several threads from several posters and have always wondered if what I've witnessed is that far off or if the 1000 is just a guesstimate.
The rate you mention is probably the maximum?
You have to deal with passengers after all.

hebspanteach

Here's how I think the DHS overhaul is going to happen.

Pixar Place - that will take place in the area where it is right now and to Art of Animation. Possibly it could expand behind TSMM and MAYBE wipe out the earful tower (since it probably won't be studios anymore).

Cars Land - now when people see this they are probably thinking they might not happen, but there is enough room to put it because if Pixar place goes towards Animation Courtyard. Cars Land would work if it goes down Streets of America and in LMA and the Backlot.

Star Wars Land - now there's a no doubter about this. This can go through Echo Lake, Indiana Jones, and the existing Star Wars attractions. People rumors American Idol (Hyperion now) theater would close, but bc of Frozen taking over Hyperion, that's gone. Also, Star Wars could go near Muppets and wipe that out.

Hollywood Boulevard - so I have a new name that Hollywood Boulevard could have…Buena Vista Street! All the shops are wiped out and remodeled to look like DCA's. Maybe we could see the sight of the Red Car Trolleys coming to FL? That's my possibility and the same thing with Vine. All the shops get remodeled and the trolley can go down through there.

New Name - my prediction on DHS's new name or names I should add. Disney Hollywood Adventure or Disney Florida Adventure. One of those two names can work.

Misc Additions - New parking entrance with more parking and another addition will be the flex theater. Could we possibly see a new firework spectacular at DHS? I mean I know Fantasmic is there, but DL does Fantasmic and has a firework spectacular after the show.

Budget - I think this could be about 2 billion dollars.

These are my predictions on the DHS overhaul
Here's how I think the DHS overhaul is going to happen.

Pixar Place - that will take place in the area where it is right now and to Art of Animation. Possibly it could expand behind TSMM and MAYBE wipe out the earful tower (since it probably won't be studios anymore).

Cars Land - now when people see this they are probably thinking they might not happen, but there is enough room to put it because if Pixar place goes towards Animation Courtyard. Cars Land would work if it goes down Streets of America and in LMA and the Backlot.

Star Wars Land - now there's a no doubter about this. This can go through Echo Lake, Indiana Jones, and the existing Star Wars attractions. People rumors American Idol (Hyperion now) theater would close, but bc of Frozen taking over Hyperion, that's gone. Also, Star Wars could go near Muppets and wipe that out.

Hollywood Boulevard - so I have a new name that Hollywood Boulevard could have…Buena Vista Street! All the shops are wiped out and remodeled to look like DCA's. Maybe we could see the sight of the Red Car Trolleys coming to FL? That's my possibility and the same thing with Vine. All the shops get remodeled and the trolley can go down through there.

New Name - my prediction on DHS's new name or names I should add. Disney Hollywood Adventure or Disney Florida Adventure. One of those two names can work.

Misc Additions - New parking entrance with more parking and another addition will be the flex theater. Could we possibly see a new firework spectacular at DHS? I mean I know Fantasmic is there, but DL does Fantasmic and has a firework spectacular after the show.

Budget - I think this could be about 2 billion dollars.

These are my predictions on the DHS overhaul

One theory might be renaming DHS to Disneytown like the Shanghai resort. Thus, renaming Downtown Disney to "Disney Springs". The word "town" would have a new home. Thoughts?

CaptainAmerica

So it sounds like everything we've heard has been very park-specific. Any rumblings about the next resort? Obviously we have WL DVC expansion but occupancy has been consistently high for a while to the point where I have to imagine they're considering an entirely new resort. Any chance that's part of the whale of an approved budget? I know there were some rumblings a while back about a second DAK resort.

@PhotoDave219 @marni1971 @WDW1974 @Lee @articos

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So it sounds like everything we've heard has been very park-specific. Any rumblings about the next resort? Obviously we have WL DVC expansion but occupancy has been consistently high for a while to the point where I have to imagine they're considering an entirely new resort. Any chance that's part of the whale of an approved budget? I know there were some rumblings a while back about a second DAK resort.

@PhotoDave219 @marni1971 @WDW1974 @Lee @articos
Not that I know of. Not that plans don't exist.

I'm pretty certain it wouldn't come from the announced fund.

articos

Well yeah. I just didn't know if this $3B we're kicking around was maybe multiple budgets that total to $3B rather than one giant budget. It sounds like the latter?
The large number being kicked around would be an aggregate of a number of individual budgets, but the changes coming and the associated budgets would all be park and infrastructure related. Resorts are a different pot, and not related to the numbers being thrown around.

doctornick

IF there is DVC then it should be a "Deluxe" right?
Aka a 3 star model with faux luxury accommodations and themeing.

Well, I'm saying it would either be a Deluxe/DVC combo or a Value. Obviously, a new Value would not have DVC as part of it. But the Value resorts reportedly have very high occupancy rates despite the number of rooms so there might be viewed as a need for more Value rooms on property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom