BLACK PANTHER huge hit!

the.dreamfinder

An easier explanation if anyone is a bit confused on the whole thing..https://www.insideuniversal.net/201...ct-what-rights-does-universal-and-disney-own/
Gotta love this part.
EAST OR WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI – PERMITTED USES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE USE OF SPECIFIC MARVEL CHARACTERS AND MARVEL MAY NOT PERMIT A LICENSEE TO USE THE NAME “MARVEL” AS PART OF THE ATTRACTION NAME OR MARKETING.
Super Hero Land, coming to Disney California Adventure Theme Park!

yensidtlaw1969

That itself is a loophole.

General rule: Universal owns East coast theme park rights to Marvel characters...
Loophole: ...unless a particular character isn't currently in use or related to a family that is currently in use.
I don’t wish to belabor the point, but that’s not a loophole. It’s not that they’re able to build a Guardians attraction in WDW because of some ambiguity in the Marvel contract.

Disney actually has the Park rights to Guardians contractually.

Cmdr_Crimson

A real good example was a small theme park based around Marvel characters at Niagra Falls formally called Marvel Superheroes Adventure City (Think of it as as a really bad version of Disneyquest) After Disney bought the rights to Marvel everything had to be changed...And BOY does it make it even worse...For Example here is the Original attraction called Spiderman The Ultimate Ride a Shoot the targets dark ride..

After the rights were dropped and removed....It's now called Adventure Heroes and.....Well....See for yourself...For some reason Green Goblin is used in once scene and then was redesigned in another scene with a pumpkin head...

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'd love for more Marvel to come, just not in Epcot. Maybe as a land in DHS, or as a 5th gate... (Yes, I know it's not possible because of the Uni contract - I'm speaking Hypothetically here...)
Sorry, I just don't get the whole super hero thing. Every movie is the same. Some muscular beast of a man saves the world from a monster or terrible person, its mindless. Just my 2 cents. I'll admit, that most Disney classics have the same notion but a much better story arc in my mind. This is why I loved Epcot of the hey day. No BS, just education and fun.

Last edited:

smile

Gotta love this part.
EAST OR WEST OF THE MISSISSIPPI – PERMITTED USES SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE USE OF SPECIFIC MARVEL CHARACTERS AND MARVEL MAY NOT PERMIT A LICENSEE TO USE THE NAME “MARVEL” AS PART OF THE ATTRACTION NAME OR MARKETING.
Super Hero Land, coming to Disney California Adventure Theme Park!

not too far removed...

DSL.jpg

hmmm...

Summer-of-Heroes-2-650x488.jpg

Otterhead

Sorry, I just don't get the whole super hero thing. Every movie is the same. Some muscular beast of a man saves the world from a monster or terrible person, its mindless.
I'm guessing you haven't seen the film this thread is about, have you? If you had, you wouldn't say it's "mindless" or "just the same". The big reason it's doing so well with audiences and critics is that it's not more of the same.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'm guessing you haven't seen the film this thread is about, have you? If you had, you wouldn't say it's "mindless" or "just the same". The big reason it's doing so well with audiences and critics is that it's not more of the same.
Please go on... I'd be interested to hear why its not the same.

Otterhead

Please go on... I'd be interested to hear why its not the same.
It's rather difficult to do so without spoiling the film.
In essence, it's not a movie about a muscle-bound superhero vs. an evil creature. It's about the culture these people have lived in for centuries, about their relationship with the rest of the world, their technology, and the way outsiders relate to it. The "bad guy" has motivations that really make sense for who he is. While the movie is called Black Panther, it's more about the people around him than T'challa himself, a lot of the time. It's easily the most richly written and beautifully designed Marvel/superhero movie yet.

CaptainAmerica

I don’t wish to belabor the point, but that’s not a loophole. It’s not that they’re able to build a Guardians attraction in WDW because of some ambiguity in the Marvel contract.

Disney actually has the Park rights to Guardians contractually.
I don't think you understand what a loophole is.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Why not just see the film instead of having someone tell you all about it?
I'm not really a fan of going to the actual movies, crowds have been so disrespectful the last few times, I'd just rather way for its debut on NetFlix or Redbox.

It's rather difficult to do so without spoiling the film.
In essence, it's not a movie about a muscle-bound superhero vs. an evil creature. It's about the culture these people have lived in for centuries, about their relationship with the rest of the world, their technology, and the way outsiders relate to it. The "bad guy" has motivations that really make sense for who he is. While the movie is called Black Panther, it's more about the people around him than T'challa himself, a lot of the time. It's easily the most richly written and beautifully designed Marvel/superhero movie yet.
That's encouraging, I appreciate the quick review.

Astro_Digital

You do know "Wakanda" is not a real place and if it was why would English be it's official language ?
Movie is an over the top, derivative fantasy full of plot holes that make no sense. For example how does a "magic meteor" led to an ultra advanced society.

On the top on that it is thinly veiled political film.

Building walls is bad.
How our society oppresses etc....

Yes I seen it will not watch it again.

Otterhead

You do know "Wakanda" is not a real place
Oh my gosh. SHOCKING!!! I had no idea that a fictional African nation is fictional!
On the top on that it is thinly veiled political film.
I'd say it's not thinly veiled at all. It's explicitly political and the characters are motivated by world politics. That's a core theme of the entire film and extremely important.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom