BLACK PANTHER huge hit!

Princess Leia

If the Marvel area at DCA ever actually happens, a Wakandan embassy could be the front of a Black Panther ride (if Disney wants to capitalize on the property). But it’s not coming to WDW.

jt04

That's DL. It hasn't happened at WDW, which answers any questions on the contract.

To be honest? I couldn’t care to ask.

I got bored of the whole universe thing after Iron Man 2.

I think it is possible BP could get through the same loophole as GotG.

And I'll leave it at that.

PS- I think it could end up better than Pandora. And to think people were begging for Zootopia on that expansion plot. :facepalm:

I guess Future World is also possible.

Last edited:

Otterhead

You know that’s not WDW don’t you?
Yes, of course. Some people in this thread seem to believe that just because they can't use the character on the east coast, it means that they don't have the rights to use it whatsoever, or that they lost the rights to Universal, or some such thing. Clearly they can, at least, use it for meet-and-greets on the west coast.

FrankLapidus

If i was in universals shoes, id cut a deal that works well in their favour. i am sure disney are desperate to build an expansion to Epcot.

And they don't need any further Marvel properties beyond GOTG to do that.

The debate over the Disney/Marvel deal in Orlando has been done to death and, as has been pointed out here, Universal/Comcast have no incentive to relinquish the rights. Not that Disney needs them in any case; they have more than enough IP's at hand besides Marvel to bring into WDW if they want to expand and/or improve the parks.

joejccva71

They don't even need Marvel to be honest. Star Wars Land is about to explode into more than Disney will be able to handle. Crowds are already way up over what they normally are, because of Pandora. Then TSL will make it insane, and SWL will make it unbearable. There's only so many Fastpasses you can give people before both queues become backed up to the parking lot.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I really hope no other Marvel comes to WDW, Guardians is enough. While I know this won't happen, I would hope it would drive more original creative attractions in the future by not having the crutch of the Marvel IP's.
I'd love for more Marvel to come, just not in Epcot. Maybe as a land in DHS, or as a 5th gate... (Yes, I know it's not possible because of the Uni contract - I'm speaking Hypothetically here...)

CaptainAmerica

They don't even need Marvel to be honest. Star Wars Land is about to explode into more than Disney will be able to handle. Crowds are already way up over what they normally are, because of Pandora. Then TSL will make it insane, and SWL will make it unbearable. There's only so many Fastpasses you can give people before both queues become backed up to the parking lot.
These are two completely separate thoughts. You're right that WDW doesn't need Mavel. And you're right that Star Wars is going to draw insane crowds. But the two have nothing to do with one another. If they announced tomorrow that the had reacquired the Marvel rights and were going into development on a land, it wouldn't open until 2023, long after the initial Star Wars hype had faded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom