News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Mastermott

Energy pavilion does go with themes of Epcot, but the presentation - other than the Dinos - is just screens. If Guardians comes in, hope it'll be more than that.
Now if Body Wars ride mechanics were still in WoL, we could just get Guardians in that simulator!

P_Radden

There will be an Elec Umb replacement, just maybe not exactly there.

Anyway, I'm more of a Stargate person myself.
Well it could move across to somewhere on Inno West.. If that were the case, then the only place to grab some food in FW East would be Taste Track..

...Maybe part of the Energy overhaul would be an eatery?

ABQ

There will be an Elec Umb replacement, just maybe not exactly there.

Anyway, I'm more of a Stargate person myself.
The real important question in terms of a Futureworld change, will they correct whatever the issue is in the septic system to get rid of the nasty stink around the whole Centorium area? Mousegear can be downright unbearable at times.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
First WDW upgraded the infrastructure to accommodate the crowds that would follow when new content was added to the parks. Of course adding to the non-MK parks helps balance the crowds for a better guest experience. Plus Disney Springs.

This is a condensed version of all of my almost 17,000 posts over almost 12 years.

And some of you had your doubts. :)

So 17K posts and 12 years saying something that no one doubted, "Disney will eventually add something to WDW".

P_Radden

As it stands it'll stay in East. Major work is planned for both sides. Including a probable name change.
Ah, this is all very intriguing, thanks for sharing!

Could you elaborate (even if vaguely) on what to expect in terms of "things to do" in these buildings? Meaning, what else could we expect other than what is there currently? Are there plans for any additional attractions?

Thanks phoenicians

Oh it needs a boost in attraction count...there are fewer attractions there now than there were in the mid 90s... it is definitely in decline... all the parks seem to be. I am glad they are finally doing something with the studios park, but they unfortunately let them all lanquish way too long.
I guess it could use a boost to the attraction count however not as much as DAK and DHS. As it stands I really don't think we'll see the ride count go up at Epcot

P_Radden

I guess it could use a boost to the attraction count however not as much as DAK and DHS. As it stands I really don't think we'll see the ride count go up at Epcot
You know speaking of attractions, I wonder how long they're gonna milk out the Disney & Pixar Short Films at the Magic Eye theater.. They are seriously under utilizing that facility. Anyone wanna make bets on how long before they change it? 2017? 2018? Even longer?

wdwfan22

Something tells me that most of what's plan will never see the light of day. It's not the first time they came up with plans for an Epcot revision.

Thanks phoenicians

You know speaking of attractions, I wonder how long they're gonna milk out the Disney & Pixar Short Films at the Magic Eye theater.. They are seriously under utilizing that facility. Anyone wanna make bets on how long before they change it? 2017? 2018? Even longer?
Agreed, I don't know how long they can continue to run that. Really the entire imagination pavilion needs help. I really don't get how its not higher up on the to-do list

Thanks phoenicians

One guess is that they actually want to do it right this time. And if that's the case, it may require a bigger budget than what is available at this time. So, as some have hinted, this may be a blessing that it is not confined to the budget of this first phase.
Very true. Honestly I wouldn't mind it being completed 2022 or something shortly after the 50th for MK and possibly for Epcot's 40th. Hopefully the powers that be don't step off the gas pedal after the MK 50th as I think we all don't want to go back to the days with years of nothing new.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Ah, this is all very intriguing, thanks for sharing!

Could you elaborate (even if vaguely) on what to expect in terms of "things to do" in these buildings? Meaning, what else could we expect other than what is there currently? Are there plans for any additional attractions?

Right now it's all a bit vague but I'd expect one quarter each for possibly a specific thing. There may or may not be additional "things to do" - there seems to be various versions saying yes or no.

Additional attractions are planned for the park. But nothing's definite yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom