News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

jt04

Lol.

Lol You guys.

Actually the person has a valid point. My work here is done. Now I only post for fun. Such as reminding spirited acolytes how foolish they have been.

There will always be snake oil salesmen (and women) because there will always be a market. Sad.

Bye bye Bill Nye and the energy pavilion.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Actually the person has a valid point. My work here is done. Now I only post for fun. Such as reminding spirited acolytes how foolish they have been.

There will always be snake oil salesmen (and women) because there will always be a market. Sad.

Bye bye Bill Nye and the energy pavilion.
Well, if anyone would know from the b#ll#cks of being a snake oil salesman....

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
First WDW upgraded the infrastructure to accommodate the crowds that would follow when new content was added to the parks. Of course adding to the non-MK parks helps balance the crowds for a better guest experience. Plus Disney Springs.

This is a condensed version of all of my almost 17,000 posts over almost 12 years.

And some of you had your doubts. :)

Love it. JT prediction.....

"Disney World will periodically update things"

NAILED IT!!!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
First WDW upgraded the infrastructure to accommodate the crowds that would follow when new content was added to the parks
Yes, becaus NGE has worked out so well , thats why they installed it at Shanghai and TDL....oh wait...no they didnt.
Of course adding to the non-MK parks helps balance the crowds for a better guest experience
They have built..err, refurbed, ONE attaction, (FEA). Crowds have been more balanced due to the avergae family deciding that the skyrocketting prices are just not worth it. Maybe in 2025 when SWL and Avatar are finished we will see how crowd levels are balanced.

Plus Disney Springs
Ahhh, Disney Springs...the place most people go on their first day of vacation when they arrive to WDW after 4 pm and its not worth wasting $100 for 4 hours at MK.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
They have built..err, refurbed, ONE attaction, (FEA). Crowds have been more balanced due to the avergae family deciding that the skyrocketting prices are just not worth it. Maybe in 2025 when SWL and Avatar are finished we will see how crowd levels are balanced.

How about a small wager. If Star Wars and Avatar Open before 2025 you will never post on this web site again. If they open in 2025 or after I will never post again.

SCOTLORR

If height test balloons are being spotted, wouldn't that mean the entire energy pavilion will be demolished and a whole new building will take shape? or is that not necessarily true?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I Heard That The Building Will Stay But Disney Wants To Build Another Building To Connect The Two Together.
We all heard that. Right here in this very subforum. From @marni1971

Yes there should be a second large building. The old and new will be connected.

It will probably be big enough to be seen from onstage and should be appropriately themed. Hence the balloons.

P_Radden

It was mentioned that FW West is retaining that more calm and family friendly "edutainment"- earth & life aspect; while FW East will be "Thrills" by means of a futuristic-ish, spacey theme.

The big question to me is FW's central plaza... What will the new feel for it be? Will they do something in Innoventions to keep it updated and ongoing beyond Sum and Colortopia? Will Club Cool see any changes? Electric Umbrella remodel? What about Inno West? Expanded Meet & Greet or more?

This whole project is very intriguing with lots of possibilities, but one thing is fore sure, there needs to be more to do in Inno than just walk through it. @marni1971 we've heard the tarps are being removed, will this lead to more trees for shade or something else in replacement of the tarps? Also have you heard any news regarding the fountain stage?

Personally, I'd like more water features, more natural shade, more LEDs in the sidewalks and walkways, stage removed, open the windows back up, fresh coat of white paint on the buildings to match the SSE lounge... Basically beautify the whole area.

The Empress Lilly

Personally, I'd like more water features, more natural shade, more LEDs in the sidewalks and walkways, stage removed, open the windows back up, fresh coat of white paint on the buildings to match the SSE lounge... Basically beautify the whole area.
Here's my quickly drawn artist's impression of what you describe. It would fresh the entire area up and make it look very modern again:

Communicore.1.jpg

Bocabear

It was mentioned that FW West is retaining that more calm and family friendly "edutainment"- earth & life aspect; while FW East will be "Thrills" by means of a futuristic-ish, spacey theme.

The big question to me is FW's central plaza... What will the new feel for it be? Will they do something in Innoventions to keep it updated and ongoing beyond Sum and Colortopia? Will Club Cool see any changes? Electric Umbrella remodel? What about Inno West? Expanded Meet & Greet or more?

This whole project is very intriguing with lots of possibilities, but one thing is fore sure, there needs to be more to do in Inno than just walk through it. @marni1971 we've heard the tarps are being removed, will this lead to more trees for shade or something else in replacement of the tarps? Also have you heard any news regarding the fountain stage?

As long as we are rethinking what future world is, Perhaps that whole Electric Umbrella quick serve mess could be replaced by a version of the Astronomers Club they came up with for Tomorrowland that was never built... There is no nicer dining in the front hub of the park, and at least that would open the door to a little more futuristic whimsy...a sort of bridge between the scientific and the fantastic... Just a thought...and they have that gigantic empty building...

Thanks phoenicians

One of the big questions for me through this whole update is will we see the attraction/ride count go up. Right now it seems as if its mostly just refurbs and one new ride replacing energy so the attraction count would stay the same. That's fine as Epcot doesn't need a boost in attraction count like DAK and DHS but still wouldn't mind seeing something additional.

Bocabear

One of the big questions for me through this whole update is will we see the attraction/ride count go up. Right now it seems as if its mostly just refurbs and one new ride replacing energy so the attraction count would stay the same. That's fine as Epcot doesn't need a boost in attraction count like DAK and DHS but still wouldn't mind seeing something additional.
Oh it needs a boost in attraction count...there are fewer attractions there now than there were in the mid 90s... it is definitely in decline... all the parks seem to be. I am glad they are finally doing something with the studios park, but they unfortunately let them all lanquish way too long.

Bocabear

I like the idea of The Electric Umbrella...and it has certainly been there since the beginning....but that said, it is not a great space...and the food... well ther is always a need for quick serve options... ...but with the theme of Future World, this space could be absolutely amazing...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom