News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

RoysCabin

I'd certainly love a revival of the notion of bringing a PeopleMover to EPCOT, though sadly it wouldn't be looked on as enough of a crowd mover, I'm sure.

I suppose what makes me kind of dread the notion of big changes at EPCOT, even though it's clear it needs a whole lot of TLC, especially in Future World, is how so many of the newest ideas at Imagineering just seem to revolve around a lot of the same concepts. You've got four entire parks to do whatever you'd like with, and all the talk of bringing in more IPs to EPCOT just makes it seem like the lazy route seems the most likely route. You've already got a ton of your park patrons as guests for multiple days, you'd think a big part of the potential allure of WDW would be "each park can offer a radically different experience", but I suppose we'll see.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
I don't see them building a new peoplemover when one already exists. It's an awesome thought but Disney knows all that money to build a repeat of what they have already isn't something you can market to bring people to the park. The fun little side attractions like a peoplemover, Swan boats or skyway buckets are things that only seem to be added in the creation of new parks when they are working with enormous budgets. Once they get to this point in the parks life all the cash just goes towards building full on attractions.

jt04

First WDW upgraded the infrastructure to accommodate the crowds that would follow when new content was added to the parks. Of course adding to the non-MK parks helps balance the crowds for a better guest experience. Plus Disney Springs.

This is a condensed version of all of my almost 17,000 posts over almost 12 years.

And some of you had your doubts. :)

The Empress Lilly

Seems to me that the future of Future World will be big thrills on the west and Family friendly edutainment on the east.
I wouldn't even be surprised if that's what they intend. The extent of EPCOT's thematic integration for current management, 'space/action for the big boys' on the left, and 'family fun with your family's favourite characters!' on the right.

How the mighty has fallen.
They destroyed my paradise. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom