News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

arich35

It is going to be so weird not seeing the walls there but when are ALL the walls going to be gone?

I kind of wish there was some kind of interactive option in this updated area

Incomudro

This will never not be relevant for Disney fans: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UnpleasableFanbase

Agreed! This is one of the best things they've done at Epcot in the last decade. What was once one of the most embarrassing and pathetic parks in Orlando looks to have new life breathed into it again!! I'm eagerly awaiting to see Luminous this evening (via videos) to see if Epcot will become the park I spend my evenings in on my visits.
Lights in floor by Walt.
View attachment 757692
View attachment 757693
View attachment 757694
I’m not sure what my expectations were, but my expectations have been far, far surpassed. Incredibly well done. Feels like a whole new space
I wasn't so thrilled about Mouse Gear - which I was really fond of - becoming Creations.
But now that I see how Creations works with this re-do, and how much Mouse Gear wouldn't have I really like it and get it.
Wait 'till the buildings on the other side open up and the whole thing comes together!

Incomudro

Apologize if this has already been answered - why is Walt not centered?

As I watch the videos, nearly everybody (as human behavior would obviously dictate) sit on both sides of him and the picture is not centered in the space.

View attachment 757717
I'd say he's not centered because it looks more natural this way.

Last edited:

J4546

i really love the lighting on the ground, the bands of color around the central planter and smaller twinkling lights on the pathway near creations look amazing, more of that in all the parks please.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Seems to be a theme...
  • wood slats
  • white and greyscale tones
  • tessellated triangles
  • smooth, rounded corners and a toadstool roof
  • wide open cutouts or windows in walls
  • semi-wooded landscaping with lush undergrowth
  • coordinated LED lights everywhere
  • unique floorings

You now what else these themes would also be good fore? Some sort of future world.

Brian

I’m genuinely baffled by this. Why would anyone wait an hour plus to get a picture to get a picture with a permanent statue? Is it for social media? Brand loyalty and consumerism? Is these a dark look at the human condition?

Is there a term we use here for fans like this? I feel like these situations come often with merchandise releases like the Figment bucket, but this one is more confusing to me because the merch at least goes out of stock, that statue is going to be there for a while. Not to put anyone down, do what makes you happy, but I genuinely don’t understand what the appeal is here to warrant this wait from, presumably, locals.
They're called "pixie dusters" among cast members. Though, some cast members are themselves pixie dusters, too.

SplashJacket

Having some more time to process, absolute home run for the hub. Flows naturally, feels larger than it is, and both secluded and connected to the surrounding.

Just makes me a little sad we didn’t get the full original pre covid artistic vision with the festival center and SSE.

Creations and Connections work very well, but I feel the festival center would’ve tied it all together. Intrigued to see how CommuniCore Hall plays out, but currently, everything so far seems amazing, except the neglected SSE exterior, and boxiness of CommuniCore hall in an otherwise naturally flowing environment, plus it eats into the Land sight line which would’ve otherwise been gorgeous.

OvertheHorizon

IMHO, the Hub area will feel more complete (and the reason for tables and chairs more obvious) once performances begin in the Communicore Hall area. As I recall, the stage will be open to both sides, including the Hub.

As I watched video of Luminous, I thought, "There's the fountain everyone has been wishing for."

I like what I see and can't wait to visit in person. I'm a fan of Epcot and have been since my first visit in 1983 (five months after it opened). I don't appreciate all of the changes that have been made over the years (Journey into Imagination debacle, addition of IP that dilutes rather than enhances the original intentions of pavilions - such as The Seas pavilion, and the loss of Horizons), but it's still a beautiful park and I like to dream about what it still could become.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

What I'm not big fan of is their "so called" Magic of Possibilities they keep touting...With this, it changes the vibe and rules of what Epcot represented being a permanent World's Fair to show case future ideas and concepts for a better world into what can we fit into this building that doesn't mean nothing to the original reason it was built..Why are they afraid of Edutainment if they could still utilize it creatively.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom