News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Epcot_Full_54315.jpg

WDWFREAK53

At night it does look better than what we have had in the past.
It could've/should've been so much more. From initial concept to the revised concept after some budget cuts...to the final product after even MORE budget cuts just leaves me disappointed. Nice. That's as good as I can muster. That's on me though. I just wanted Epcot to be the best park again because when I was a kid, I loved it.

I think this exercise should all harness expectations about "Beyond Thunder Mountain" and DinoLand. Wait until you can step foot in something or see actual photos/videos of an experience (if you can't make it) before getting excited or disappointed about concept art.

mattpeto

This is essentially a chill spot in a park with a ton happening. Think your local park or Central Park. A spot to sit and relax, maybe with the food or beverage from a Festival booth. I'm a big fan. I do think it could use a booth or two maybe and in time I could see that.

This fantastic photo will look great in the Soarin' Around the World update 2024.

UNCgolf

It would have needed to be updated by now, regardless. Happy we lost the hideous tent.

I'm happy to have lost essentially everything that was in that area before this redo, other than the Fountain of Nations. It was awful.

Well, and the Communicore/Innoventions building if you group that in with this, but I consider that separate from the central plaza. Even if they'd kept it, though, it would have needed work to bring it closer to its original form with glass arcades etc.

Last edited:

ChewbaccaYourMum

Has it been shared by Disney yet what exactly is going to be at the Communicore building? I faintly remember something like a museum?? Or meet and greet for characters??

If there's already another separate thread on this sorry for bringing it up in here and would someone be able to link me to it? Thanks!

Indy_UK

Has it been shared by Disney yet what exactly is going to be at the Communicore building? I faintly remember something like a museum?? Or meet and greet for characters??

If there's already another separate thread on this sorry for bringing it up in here and would someone be able to link me to it? Thanks!

Mickey/ Minnie M&G, Mixology Bar, live performance stages and festival spaces

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom