News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
From Scott Mallwitz (Executive Creative Director at WDI) via the Orlando Sentinel.

Celebrating symmetry by being off-center? That's certainly... a choice.

Awkward Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

UNCgolf

"Imagine if there were a fountain" is the fan equivalent of Iger's "more trees".

Why, though?

I'm not sure a fountain would have worked well in that central planter location for several reasons, but I also don't get why it's being outright dismissed as though it's some weird fringe thought that no rational person should be interested in or care about.

Fountains have long been a significant part of garden/landscape design, and for good reason.

hpyhnt 1000

Why, though?

I'm not sure a fountain would have worked well in that central planter location for several reasons, but I also don't get why it's being outright dismissed as though it's some weird fringe thought that no rational person should be interested in or care about.

Fountains have long been a significant part of garden/landscape design, and for good reason.
Exactly. And even if we quibble over where a fountain should be, the lack of any water feature in the new gardens is a valid criticism, especially when it was the centerpiece of the plaza for nearly 40 years.

James Alucobond

Why, though?

I just meant that it was going to get parroted ad infinitum. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Cmdr_Crimson

Still think they should have a Card Walker Statue up front on the side just at least for his recognition of creating Epcot on what it is today..Kind of like how they give two schmucks about Roy Disney's statue and for him to creating WDW in general but, nope focus on Walt and put everyone else to the side...

Now, if Eisner had one on the other hand....
kinghomer.gif

aladdin2007

Mickey/ Minnie M&G, Mixology Bar, live performance stages and festival spaces
meaning a big chunk of it is probably going to end up like world showplace and not open to the general public, once park ops get their hands on it...thats going to be a major downer if thats how they end up treating it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom