News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Isn't the entrance cycling through several sets of music? And we saw yesterday the pictures of the red and white candy canes I wonder if that was a Christmas set?
They were cycling through a new lighting set last night, red/orange chasing worms, golden shimmer waves...

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I’m genuinely baffled by this. Why would anyone wait an hour plus to get a picture to get a picture with a permanent statue? Is it for social media? Brand loyalty and consumerism? Is these a dark look at the human condition?

Is there a term we use here for fans like this? I feel like these situations come often with merchandise releases like the Figment bucket, but this one is more confusing to me because the merch at least goes out of stock, that statue is going to be there for a while. Not to put anyone down, do what makes you happy, but I genuinely don’t understand what the appeal is here to warrant this wait from, presumably, locals.

You pick squatting with Walt or Squatty Potty.

TheMaxRebo

Apologize if this has already been answered - why is Walt not centered?

As I watch the videos, nearly everybody (as human behavior would obviously dictate) sit on both sides of him and the picture is not centered in the space.

It is an aesthetic thing - doing things in 3s, or in this case thirds, is more visually appealing

Why in staging things are in groups of three and here he is 1/3rd of the way over

DCBaker

Premium Member
Apologize if this has already been answered - why is Walt not centered?

As I watch the videos, nearly everybody (as human behavior would obviously dictate) sit on both sides of him and the picture is not centered in the space.

From Scott Mallwitz (Executive Creative Director at WDI) via the Orlando Sentinel.

“The trick was to create a very new place that sets the park in a new direction, but yet is respectful and works back into the original architecture,” Mallwitz said.

Epcot is symmetrical by design, he said, and the placement of the new statue — detailed down to the knuckles and seams in the socks — was very intentional.

“We had to embrace the symmetry by placing him off-center. He’s a little more casual,” Mallwitz said. “And it’s a very purposeful place. Because now you can gather with him and kind of share that vision and share that beautiful spectacle all the way down to the America pavilion.”

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
This sort of remind’s me of Shanghai’s Tomorrowland (which is brilliant). I dig it.

1701826516620.jpeg

1701826502738.jpeg

Some fountains would definitely be nice like in Shanghai, but that’s my *only* criticism.

Otherwise, the gardens themselves and the lighting package look like A++ work. Even the pavement/walking paths look really good.

Really pleased with the overall product.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Come to think of it, I know I’ll get flack for it around here, but I genuinely love the changes made to EPCOT.

Guardians is my favorite ride, anywhere, and the Wonders of Xander angle feels very EPCOT.

Points of light, stunning.

The hub looks beautiful.

Journey of Water is actually neat for what it is (and beautiful).

Connections Eatery and Creations Shop I think look fantastic, and I’ve been saying that from day one.

And Ratatouille honestly is an IP that actually works in France.

The only real miss for me was really Harmonious being a clip show and destroying sightlines (plus I mean IROE was a banger), and that they should’ve gotten more bang for their buck on the changes... let’s see if Luminous fixes some mistakes!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom