Big Ball wand hate? Why?

iheartdisney91

well i like the wand, but what if they did take it down wouldnt the space ship earth look really bare? what if the put giant letters on the ball? they could do worse then the wand so be lucky its not something really really tacky like an AA of ellen degenerise from that dinosaur ride. LOLOLOLOL that would be pretty funny:ROFLOL: :lol: :lol: :lol:

surfsupdon

8) It's a sign of some of the greater problems with Disney World, mostly having to cram studio productions and characters into everything.

This is my issue. Everything is just so commeercialized and cartoonized now. Especially at the Resorts. I remember when they stood alone as Resorts and remember hating when they brought characters into them. This has not happened at all Resorts yet.

For example, at Caribbean Beach, old maps and CBR liteature, mugs, and designs really evoked a Caribbean feel from the actual Islands. The Resort was a real escape. On the other hand, now it's a "Disney-style Caribbean" with an infuse of characters, esp from Little Mermaid.

Wilderness Lodge, having just been there, has really kept its initial identity. The logo with the forest and bears is great. Now imagine if the bears became cartoony Brother Bear style.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
gotta third that motion to keep the thread going..... hey wait, im the King of Big Ball and Wand (46)... i say when the thread closes

*ducks for mod to slam the hammer*

:king: me king

Buzzforprez

No hate here.... but... wouldn't the money that these things were built with have been better sent on refurbing current attractions or developing new ones? The wand and hat do not cut down on line times, no one waits to see them. Maybe Life could have been better funded. Imagination's budget increased to provide a quality attraction. Even in Roller Coaster Tycoon most people will put in more rides and scenery is only an afterthought. Just my $.02.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Even in Roller Coaster Tycoon most people will put in more rides and scenery is only an afterthought. Just my $.02.

If actually building and running a theme park was as easy as Roller Coaster Tycoon, would'nt there be one on every street corner next to the McDonalds and Starbucks? :shrug:

goofyfan13

If the original poster honestly wanted an answer he should look no further than these threads:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=131290&highlight=wand
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=61156&page=13
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=148715&highlight=wand
I reccomend that the Moderator close this thread.

:rolleyes: Theres no reason to close this thread, if you don't like it, don't post and/or don't open it.

Let the wand mayhem continue! :ROFLOL:

(28)

Tim G

I would wand to close this wand thread... but on the ohter hand...

It's kinda funny to see people who wand the wand to go away, while I say the wand is gong to stay, so people wouldn't wander around EPCOT without the wand...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I would wand to close this wand thread... but on the ohter hand...

It's kinda funny to see people who wand the wand to go away, while I say the wand is gong to stay, so people wouldn't wander around EPCOT without the wand...
hhmmmm, lets get this straight

Im The King of Big Ball and Wand (47)
Corrus is a Certified Wand (47B) Man
Martin is Wandiliciously (47C) British
Goofyfan is just a Plane Wand (47D)

EDIT: Hakunamatata is Leave the Wand (47E) Thread or Ill beat you down like the Dog

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
hhmmmm, lets get this straight

Im The King of Big Ball and Wand (47)
Corrus is a Certified Wand (47B) Man
Martin is Wandiliciously (47C) British
Goofyfan is just a Plane Wand (47D)

EDIT: Hakunamatata is Leave the Wand (47E) Thread or Ill beat you down like the Dog

Hmmmph...wand envy...:lol:

JustPlainBill

I haven't posted an opinion on this subject before.
Believe it or not, I don't like the wand.:lookaroun
When I stroll past the Haunted Mansion I really sometimes don't get it, I don't know what it is when I see it from a distance. I was thinking maybe it needs a little something to tell me,...hit me in the face and shake me..Hey!....This is what I am!:hammer:

I fail to see what mickey mouse has to do with Epcot or even a magic wand for that matter. If it had to be done it could have been done more tastefully then what is there now. Anybody who understands who Walt Disney was all about should know this.

When I go to Epcot I'll look up at the monstrosity, shake my head and think how pathetic it looks and get on with the rest of my day. It doesn't consume me, it's just stupid, just like that hat at MGM, what's that all about?:veryconfu

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Someone want to tell Corrus his new user title dosn`t count??

Oh.... jmaxwell too.... geez... they`re all at it now...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
....it's just stupid, just like that hat at MGM, what's that all about?:veryconfu
They needed a new shop since Main St's Emporium extention threatened to turn it into WDWs Mall king. What better place for a new shop than right in the middle of one the Worlds (ex) best photographic vistas?

Fearing a backlash, management decided to hide the shop under a huge hat so no-one would know. Phew... close shave there then!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom