Big Ball wand hate? Why?

cooleo

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion & I respect them all. That is what makes each of us unique. Doesn't necessarily make any of us right or wrong. That said, I LIKE THE WAND. Makes the statement that they are putting the Disney Touch on the park!

DisneyMusician2

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion & I respect them all. That is what makes each of us unique. Doesn't necessarily make any of us right or wrong. That said, I LIKE THE WAND. Makes the statement that they are putting the Disney Touch on the park!

Yeah, the Disney touch of DEATH AND TACKINESS!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

This is where I fail to understand the thought process of some. EPCOT was created and built by Disney. Just because there wasn’t something that is traditionally thought of as "Disney" (a castle, a bunch of characters, etc.) readily visible in the park, doesn’t mean that it wasn’t "Disney". I may be wrong on this, but 100% of the attractions that went into EPCOT were new ideas. No clones. There were not any Living with the Lands, Spaceship Earths, Horizons, Universe of Energies, etc, in Disneyland at the time. Disney created a whole new theme park full of new attractions. You have not seen that since (maybe Disney Sea, but I have not been there or researched enough to know).

Disney created EPCOT, EPCOT is Disney. Even without being remade with more character presence, Pixar-fication and "Extreme" attractions, Epcot was and is Disney.

DisneyMusician2

This is where I fail to understand the thought process of some. EPCOT was created and built by Disney. Just because there wasn’t something that is traditionally thought of as "Disney" (a castle, a bunch of characters, etc.) readily visible in the park, doesn’t mean that it wasn’t "Disney". I may be wrong on this, but 100% of the attractions that went into EPCOT were new ideas. No clones. There were not any Living with the Lands, Spaceship Earths, Horizons, Universe of Energies, etc, in Disneyland at the time. Disney created a whole new theme park full of new attractions. You have not seen that since (maybe Disney Sea, but I have not been there or researched enough to know).

Disney created EPCOT, EPCOT is Disney. Even without being remade with more character presence, Pixar-fication and "Extreme" attractions, Epcot was and is Disney.

Amen! Disney does not necessarily equal Hokey all the time. And that's what the wand is. Hokey to the extreme.

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Amen! Disney does not necessarily equal Hokey all the time. And that's what the wand is. Hokey to the extreme.

Ya do the HOKEY pokey an you WANDer all around (the big ball) datz what its all aball! I mean about!:hammer: :sohappy: (insert dancing smiley here)

goofyfan13

I agree with every word of this. If you go to Disney World and need Disney flashing in bright red lights to tell you you're in a Disney Park...I'll just leave it at that. Epcot is a unique on-of-a-kind park. I don't need a giant abomination to tell me that it's owned by Disney...

But anyway, this thread is getting way too serious....:lookaroun

cooleo

This is where I fail to understand the thought process of some. EPCOT was created and built by Disney....

Wasn't tryng to suggest this park was never "Disney" to begin with. Only that it's a matter of opinion as stated in my first post. Again, the wand gives visitors an instant sign that this is Disney.

goofyfan13

Wasn't tryng to suggest this park was never "Disney" to begin with. Only that it's a matter of opinion as stated in my first post. Again, the wand gives visitors an instant sign that this is Disney.

I have a hard time following this logic, seeing as you pass through an enourmous Walt Disney World gate from every entrance on property...:wave:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
This is where I fail to understand the thought process of some. EPCOT was created and built by Disney....

I really dont see why you need a big sign saying you are at Disney when you go to EPCOT......when you drove under this to get there....

47b5cc30b3127cce95811e8e0f1c00000016108IZNWTJyzaa

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I really dont see why you need a big sign saying you are at Disney when you go to EPCOT......when you drove under this to get there....

47b5cc30b3127cce95811e8e0f1c00000016108IZNWTJyzaa

NUH UHHHH!!! I floated in on a boat and walked thru a gate after they emptied my itty bitty coin purse and looked thru the lining but the lady in front of me with a freggin stroller and 8000 bags hanging off it walked thru without a glance! But its for safety so Im okay with it:hammer:

goofyfan13

You beat me too the comment.....took too long to find the photo...:ROFLOL:

Well, you got a visual aide, so I guess your post works better. :lol:

Disneysue said:
NUH UHHHH!!! I floated in on a boat and walked thru a gate after they emptied my itty bitty coin purse and looked thru the lining but the lady in front of me with a freggin stroller and 8000 bags hanging off it walked thru without a glance! But its for safety so Im okay with it:hammer:

BUT, you had to go through those gates in order to get to the boat that you floated in on to walk through the gate after they emptied your itty bitty coine purse....:lookaroun :wave:

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well, you got a visual aide, so I guess your post works better. :lol:

BUT, you had to go through those gates in order to get to the boat that you floated in on to walk through the gate after they emptied your itty bitty coine purse....:lookaroun :wave:

:lookaroun Nuh uh! I uhm, went thru my uhm, secret tunnel, and uhm never saw those gates uhm so uhm there:hammer: :ROFLOL:

cooleo

I have a hard time following this logic, seeing as you pass through an enourmous Walt Disney World gate from every entrance on property...:wave:

I understand your point & agree totally. For most of us this is true. However, as you may know, lots of guests are not as familiar with Disney as the rest of us. I can't even begin to count the number of times I have heard people speak about EPCOT as though it was not part of Disney or even think that Universal was part of Disney. My point being there are thousands, maybe even millions of people that go to Disney World and have no clue that EPCOT "IS and Always was part of Disney". Sad but True as it may be, some people just don't love the place like we do, therfore they just don't pay attention to what parks are part of which companies. My statement about the wand acting as an instant sign that you are at Disney, was meant for the benefit of the afore mentioned people. Next time I will clarify this ahead of time & save us all the troubles.:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Umm..

How does a wand with the word Epcot convey "Disney" to people who haven't realized it's part of WDW?

If they don't know Epcot is Disney, what are the chances of them realizing it's Mickey's arm holdin up a wand he never used in any movies, cartoon, or anything, and then the sparkly word Epcot? Sorry kiddos, it was built for the Millenium to say "2000" then repurposed afterward. It does not convey "Disney" to people.

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I think we should take the wand & hand off the big ball and start a new game. Hide the hand & wand somewhere in one of the parks, and who ever finds it wins a prize!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom