Big Ball wand hate? Why?

DivineMadness7

I'm just not going to read through 26 pages of this....sorry!

I will, however, add why it bothers me. My early childhood memories of disney world and going to epcot are of it looking like a golf ball. As a four year old, that's what I called it.

I think a lot of people see it as an icon and don't like the alteration made to it. Sort of like adding a mustache to the Mona Lisa, if you will (sorry, art history major.)

Just my 5 cents (yes, you got more than 2.):wave:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

I will, however, add why it bothers me. My early childhood memories of disney world and going to epcot are of it looking like a golf ball. As a four year old, that's what I called it.

I think a lot of people see it as an icon and don't like the alteration made to it. Sort of like adding a mustache to the Mona Lisa, if you will (sorry, art history major.)

well im not going to read your post so na nan na na na.

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

ITs all playfull and really funny.....a great read...I give it 4 thumbs up!:sohappy:

:cry: :cry: I dont want my :cry: :cry: wand to get ripped off the big ball!:cry: I like it!:cry:

LoriMistress

Misc-Argue-Surreal_Life.jpg

Enigma

Account Suspended
Okay I have to ask, why all the hate on the Epcot wand? I just completed my first trip to WDW. I like the wand. So please enlighten me and share why all the hate on the wand?

It was a tacky and ugly sign created by marketing people to supposedly make idiot bumpkins aware that Epcot is a disney park. It looked horrible, upset the scale of SSE and and the architectural perspective around the park, and just served as an example that the people making the decisions for the parks clearly had a poor understanding of the disney legacy.

The people that like it blow me away. Why don't you tell me why you like it? What is so fantastic about it? Spaceship Earth looked great its first 18 years without the stupid thing.

CThaddeus

It was a tacky and ugly sign created by marketing people to supposedly make idiot bumpkins aware that Epcot is a disney park. It looked horrible, upset the scale of SSE and and the architectural perspective around the park, and just served as an example that the people making the decisions for the parks clearly had a poor understanding of the disney legacy.

The people that like it blow me away. Why don't you tell me why you like it? What is so fantastic about it? Spaceship Earth looked great its first 18 years without the stupid thing.

It's all bright and shiny! Shiny things are pretty! They make you go, "Ooooo!" Going "Ooooo!" is fun!

CoffeeJedi

I could not have said it better myself! I see you also are blessed with shiny object syndrome!:sohappy:

So a 200ft diameter silver geodesic sphere isn't shiny enough?

Oh this is stupid, why are we still discusing it? The blasted thing will be finally gone in a few months. Now onward to the hat........

Mansion Butler

So a 200ft diameter silver geodesic sphere isn't shiny enough?

Oh this is stupid, why are we still discusing it? The blasted thing will be finally gone in a few months. Now onward to the hat........

Dude, you're still believing that demolition rumor? You know they're just replacing the letters to say DISNEY's Epcot Theme Park since the old sign didn't work.

What they really need to do is make the sign say THIS IS MICKEY'S HAND since it's hard to tell who's holding the wand. Disney should really put me in charge of these things.

Disneysue

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I guess I'll believe it when I dont see it after logging onto Disney.Com. I've only been there once and I just LOVED it!

So Mansion Butler, should they lable SE "THIS IS MICKEYS BALL"?:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Dragonrider1227

I never cared about the wand. If anything, it symbolizes Epcot's new approach. They quickly learned that a Disney park without characters is... well... it doesn't work so the wand on Spaceship Earth symbolizes "We're still Epcot, but we've sprinkled a little Disney here too" look. Either way, I wouldn't be crying if they took it off, but I won't be the one who crawls up the ball to tear it off either

sillyspook13

The wand stole my wallet. Then it told me Mickey Mouse was actually a person in a costume.

That's why I hate the wand.:fork:

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom