Big Ball wand hate? Why?

Spring Breeze

mmmm The sweet smelll of a reappearing topic.

the wand should have been taken off ages ago. given it was used for the Millenium celebration. it is't a matter of style. it is just a matter of laziness. but the thing is. i have gotten so used to it. i barley notice anymore

Peaches Magee

And the guy who played Scar.

And burning Rome.

And Snow White.

Oh, and that girl who talks to her little Asian friend online. She rocks.

oh that just made me spit my drink out...freggin hilarious...

isnt there an upside-down bike racing game or something too?

I always remember going down backwards at the end with all the shooting neon strands and that is always where the ride gets stuck and I fall asleep.
Only to emerge from the dark globe into the blinding sun and everyone has sour-swint face on.
A classic...

head mouse

Ok, after 21 pages and 305 replies I am sure it's been said. But in case it hasn't (and I don't feel like reading ALL 305 replies to find out) The stupid, tacky, retarded, distasteful, obnoxious, eye sore, wand takes away from the beauty that SSE is. You do not need to but a flashy sticker on a diamond. it's beautiful as is.

goofyfan13

Pk, after 21 pages and 305 replies I am sure it' sbeen said. But incase it hasnet (and I dont feel like reading ALL 305 replies to find out) The stupid, tacky, retarted, distasteful, obnoxcious, eye sore, wand takes away from the beauty that SSE is. You do not need to but a flashy sticker on a dimond. it's beautiful as is.

Talk about a thread drift. :ROFLOL:

If you don't get it, go back and read what the thread is actually about, you'll be in for a wand erful shock. :ROFLOL:

JustPlainBill

I was watching the new disney parks planning video the other day and I casually observed that of the times that the image of Space Ship Earth (actual picture or artist's concept) was flashed on screen, about 1/4 to 1/2 of the images were without the wand. I used to work in advertising and I know that images are used with purpose and each should have meaning, hidden or obvious. If the wand is meant to be a permenant structure, why continue showing old stock photos of SSE before the wand was installed? I would think that as image conscious as I heard Disney was, they would be on top of something like this, if it wasn't done on purpose. Most interesting is when the parks are represented by using concept drawings of their icons i.e. Cinderella Castle. SSE, Tree of Life and (cough) :hurl: wizard hat, the wand is not present. Just an observation without any idea of what it means, if anything.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I was watching the new disney parks planning video the other day and I casually observed that of the times that the image of Space Ship Earth (actual picture or artist's concept) was flashed on screen, about 1/4 to 1/2 of the images were without the wand. I used to work in advertising and I know that images are used with purpose and each should have meaning, hidden or obvious. If the wand is meant to be a permenant structure, why continue showing old stock photos of SSE before the wand was installed? I would think that as image conscious as I heard Disney was, they would be on top of something like this, if it wasn't done on purpose. Most interesting is when the parks are represented by using concept drawings of their icons i.e. Cinderella Castle. SSE, Tree of Life and (cough) :hurl: wizard hat, the wand is not present. Just an observation without any idea of what it means, if anything.

WDW is notorious for useing stock footage for their planning videos. I wouldnt read anything into it.

Laura

Premium Member
LongJohnWand.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom