Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique gets cozy in Cindy's Castle

Dagger

Is it just me or do some of the styles that come out of BBB look really strange and trashy translated onto little girls? It's not even really an insult because I'll probably take my DD there sooner than later, but still humorous to me. I was thinking a BBB 2nd location would be happening any time now....

Dagger

Where else am I going to buy a sword or letter opener? :lol:(I was tempted to get one the last time I was there, but just try getting that through customs :rolleyes:)

I'm sad that this store has to go. It was the last of the old time shops that hadn't really changed, now there is no point in shopping at MK for me. (Although this is a smart move for Disney).

Now I wonder if Disney is going to make a Pirate Boutique?

I have a villains letter opener which has been used approx. never :p

Scooter

As someone who has purchased a lot of wonderful merchandise at The Kings Gallery, I can honestly say I will truly miss this place. It had some unique items that you couldn't find anywhere else on property.
Since the front entrance to the Castle is not open to the park guests much anymore, it did effect my shopping at this place. My wife and I would enter the castle, go through the shop and then go out the back way in Fantasyland. I havn't been back in the store in quite a while.

And as much as I hate to admit it, this was a good move on Disney's part IMO. Imagine having your daughters all cleaned up. dressed up, and made up right in a castle. It's a great idea.

I bet the front of the castle will be used for an "After the Makeover Photo Op" now as well.

dxwwf3

Personally I don't think this is a bad place for the BBB, but I think it's unforunate that the current store has to go away for this change. Again, I'm not extremely upset because it wasn't a store I visited every single trip and I never really bought anything there. However in the latest MiceCast podcast, they did make mention of how stores can be an important part of themeing and shouldn't all be completely dumbed down. Now I'm not saying the BBB is a dumbing down of anything because it is popular among young girls and should make Disney a lot of money. It just stinks that this is ANOTHER place in the MK that goes away for adults. I do hope others start spending less time there and maybe Disney will listen.

DDuckFan130

Personally I don't think this is a bad place for the BBB, but I think it's unforunate that the current store has to go away for this change. Again, I'm not extremely upset because it wasn't a store I visited every single trip and I never really bought anything there. However in the latest MiceCast podcast, they did make mention of how stores can be an important part of themeing and shouldn't all be completely dumbed down. Now I'm not saying the BBB is a dumbing down of anything because it is popular among young girls and should make Disney a lot of money. It just stinks that this is ANOTHER place in the MK that goes away for adults. I do hope others start spending less time there and maybe Disney will listen.
Fat chance of people spending less time there. I'm sure a lot of people here will spend less time there maybe, but that's a very small percentage :lol:

Thurp

Is it just me or do some of the styles that come out of BBB look really strange and trashy translated onto little girls?

Thank you! I was just getting ready to post the same thing and then I saw that post.

It's like a cookie cutter factory. Every girl comes out looking the same. And not just that, they look trashy (your word, the one I've used in the past is much worse...)

I have no problem with the castle getting a new store. For all that I care, it could be "Pretty Pink Princess Planet" and sell girly pink widgets, but come on, not a BBB. That place fits in the strip mall like DTD, but not in the MK. *sigh*

Parents already have a heart attack if they can't get a meal in the castle for their kids. Now they'll be twice as stressed out trying to get BOTH reservations or their vacation will just be RUINED! I'd even bet that Disney is going to have some super pricey "double reservation" packages: "Lipstick & mashed potatoes." (ok, that's not very magical sounding.)

wedway71

I dont think its a bad location at all. BBB deals with Princesses and who lives in Cinderellas Castle??????? I think it is a perfect fit. I really dont see how anybody can say its a bad fit.Even if you dont want it there you cant argue it really is smart to put it there.:wave:

dxwwf3

Fat chance of people spending less time there. I'm sure a lot of people here will spend less time there maybe, but that's a very small percentage :lol:

That's why I said "hope" :lol:

Unfortunately, you're right. As I said in another post somewhere, when so many people think that the MK is "Disney World", I doubt we'll ever see the numbers go down for the park. But I think it would be great if they did, while the other parks saw increases. Then maybe some more TLC work and some new MAJOR attractions will come. Of course, it's been so long since the park has received a new E-ticket style attraction, I'm beginning to wonder when the next one will actually come......and will I still be alive when it opens :lol:

culturenthrills

Jay Rasulo is trying to homogenize all the parks, and you've already seen this with the way entertainment is being treated in Anaheim (which was taken over by the folks in Florida). All the Dapper Dans and most of the performers in New Orleans Square were canned after decades. New folks were hired, but the worst part is that they new performers are all miked, and when they stand in front of you singing, the natural thrill is utterly eliminated because their voices no longer come from the singers, but from speakers all around the area.

Alot of my CA friends are not happy with what has happened to the entertainment at DL. We will see how long it lasts if enough of the locals complain. The thing that will keep Rasulo from messing too much with DL is John Lasseter. DL is now his baby and he isn't going to allow someone to homogenize it. Unfortunately, there is no one like that out here. Until someone starts paying attn. to FL nothing is going to change here.

culturenthrills

That's why I said "hope" :lol:

Unfortunately, you're right. As I said in another post somewhere, when so many people think that the MK is "Disney World", I doubt we'll ever see the numbers go down for the park. But I think it would be great if they did, while the other parks saw increases. Then maybe some more TLC work and some new MAJOR attractions will come. Of course, it's been so long since the park has received a new E-ticket style attraction, I'm beginning to wonder when the next one will actually come......and will I still be alive when it opens :lol:

You are so dead on. As long as people think that MK is Disney World its attendance will not go down. Also, the fact that if people only have a day or 2 in Orlando they are going to go to MK. As long as that happens WDW management isn't going to do anything. Hey, it took them going to DL and seeing how embarassing their SM, HM, POTC and JC looked compared to DL's to finally get them to do rehabs that were needed long ago. Of course, they will probably slash the budgets on the rehabs and we won't get all the updated effects. However, the problems at MK are becoming too large to ignore. The park is 35 years old and things are starting to fall apart. Hopefully they will not let the park get as rundown as DL did in the late 90's -early 2000 but until someone decides to really take a look at WDW management nothing is going to change.

MickeyTigg

please explain

If you have ever been to BBB in DTD, it generates quite a business. The traffic flow through the castle isn't good as it is now many times because of Cinderella's Royal Table. This is going to create quite a logjam.

While I understand that the location would be "cool" and I understand why they want to expand since it's getting hard to make appointments to BBB now....this location is not good for traffic flow through the castle.

TOCPE82

This blows on a grand scale. As a former CM who worked in the Disney Gallery stores in the parks and DTD, this saddens me, as it was a great place to work and great for guest interaction. (Plus I got to work in the Castle, beat that... lol)

JikoMarie

Is it just me or do some of the styles that come out of BBB look really strange and trashy translated onto little girls? It's not even really an insult because I'll probably take my DD there sooner than later, but still humorous to me. I was thinking a BBB 2nd location would be happening any time now....

I agree with you too! I just don't get why we can't encourage our little girls to use their imagination and play dress up the old fashion way. They shouldn't have to be turned into mini ladies of the night.

JimboJones123

2 notes

Norway -- might not get the spot afterall. They cleared out one of the shops to put up dresses/crowns/wands ect a few years ago. It got redeligated back to a kiosk didn't it. What would make them go back into a shop?

Tinks -- What will happen to this shop? Will they stay the same and the BBB will ONLY be for those serviced? Or will the new BBB take over much of the princess stuff of Tinks and Tinks be re-worked?

Oh, and really, defending the King's Royal Canvas place as a be all end all destination??? MGM -- animation courtyard. Epcot, curve right of SSE. DTD BIG OLD STORE. There are plenty of the "clone" Disney art stores. Actually MGM has 2 -- one right before BATB also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom