Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique gets cozy in Cindy's Castle

JeffH

Perfect, convenient and magical on many levels...

First, I've never seen a BBB made-up girl as looking trashy (including my 12yo...now 13), I don't understand how anyone could...
Are we saying that Cindy, Beauty, Snow, Ariel look trashy, never!...well maybe Jasmine:rolleyes:

Perfect location (maybe they should add that to the Cinderella breakfast/lunch dining package <the picture is already part of it>)

many levels...
this means that we will see cute little made-up girls in beautiful outfits all over the place, and for people who enjoy seeing happy kids in the park, what could be more magical in such a magical place.
And how convenient for these kids and parents to be able to get made-up in the parks than visit with princesses all day:) , getting made up at DTD was almost a waste, unless you were ready to...then...head off to a park after that stop.
I had my dd made up (in a tight fitting Ariel dress) in the afternoon, then we headed to Epcots Princess dinner to meet Ariel herself:D, the hair lasted a couple of more days (in various stages of disassemble), but it was VERY beautiful and by no means 'trashy'.

I agree, that perhaps they should make part of the shop a pirates make-up for the boys (and some girls) where they add dread-locks into their hair, add a few scars, temporary tatoos and some fake dirt and either a dirty Sparrow outfit or a fancy Hook outfit and...cool man:cool:

I only hope that they add outfits in all sizes, especially with all the outfit parties that they are now holding "Princess and Pirate" "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween", teens and adults can also dress up.:king:

They should have been doing this since the park opened...I don't know what an 'art' store has to do with a castle, anyway:hammer: An art store belongs in Downtown Disney (gee there is one there) where you can buy something and bring it home...not in a theme park where you should be concentrating on having fun and enjoying the park. Art shop at an Art shop, not in a theme park.

Jessie&Buzz

I don't think that the girls look "trashy". My daughter sure didn't. So many people commented to her and my nieces on their hair. I loved it and used a pic of her and her brother with Minnie while her hair was done in our Christmas cards.

I also think that the Castle is a perfect location for it. I would love to have my hair done like a princess's while in a castle. What little girl wouldn't love that?

I do however think they should come up with something for the boys. My son wasn't into the Cool Dude hair at BBB. He thought it looked funny. (his words)

Dwarful

Well, we did the party at Club Libby Lu's a few years back and I was aghast and some of the options. We have seen some of the BBB girls..mostly in Dec. who did look a bit trashy. I am sure the parents thought the girls looked adorable, but all I could think of was 'wow, that is a bit too much'.
Personally, my girls have dressed up as various princesses over the years and the one thing that we always heard was "these clothes are itchy" they wore their princess gear in for the breakfast at the castle and then changed in the bathroom. No way would they wear the dresses all day in a park. The hair, well, once you wash it its over.

Its really all a matter of opinion. I won't let my girls out of the house with makeup on. Playing dress up is one thing...trying to look like a Paris/Brittney/Lindsey wanna be is another thing.

JimboJones123

Is the Greezed up Pirate dress up going in just before the restrooms in Adventureland too? I can see spending $50 for a hat, shirt, and some dirt makeup and a tooth golding or something. This could include Sword Lessons or something.

AEfx

Thank you! I was just getting ready to post the same thing and then I saw that post.

It's like a cookie cutter factory. Every girl comes out looking the same. And not just that, they look trashy (your word, the one I've used in the past is much worse...)

I have no problem with the castle getting a new store. For all that I care, it could be "Pretty Pink Princess Planet" and sell girly pink widgets, but come on, not a BBB. That place fits in the strip mall like DTD, but not in the MK. *sigh*

Totally agreed on both counts.

Princess dresses and such are cute, but when I see these 7-year olds covered in ungodly amounts of makeup that even street-walkers wouldn't be caught dead in, it just ruins the whole "cute and innocent" part of it. It reenforces just about every negative beautty stereotype there is (that you need a weave and grease paint to be "pretty") and the kids end up looking like Tammy Faye Baker and not a fresh-faced princess.

It also seems endlessly tacky to put a hair salon in the castle...I've no problem with them putting more profitable attraction there, but the thought of standing around the castle smelling hair products and chemicals just doesn't sit well with me.

AEfx

Kristi Kay

Is it just me or do some of the styles that come out of BBB look really strange and trashy translated onto little girls? It's not even really an insult because I'll probably take my DD there sooner than later, but still humorous to me. I was thinking a BBB 2nd location would be happening any time now....

I would have never been brave enought to post this, but since it's been posted....I do agree with you. I was walking around the park a few months ago and there were a couple girls coming out of there that I had to do double takes at....and to myself, I did think, that kind of looks white trash. I haven't exactly identified what hair style it is exactly that evoke this reacation in me b/c most of the girls come out looking PRECIOUS!

Actually, my sister (20) and myself (24) are going to be there getting our hair and nails done on Sept.3 for the Pirates adn Princess Party....I'm hoping we end up looking like one of the beautiful princesses :lookaroun

WhyteAL

I haven't counted how many of you are female posting up or how many of you have daughters. But I don't let me daughters wear make up, unless we are going out to say a wedding were one of them is the flower girl then she can wear make up or if there is a dance recital they may be in, because of the stage lighting. On the other hand it depends what type of girls you have, my daughters are very different. The littlest is a girly girl. She loves make up, she loves doing hair, and she loves doing nails. My oldest is not that much into that. I have learned that you have to let them be girls and guide them so that they mke intelligent choices on there own. So yes my daughter wore make up when she came out of the BBB last year for her birthday. (it sure was a pretty penny we spent) But to equate that with your views on relating it to "street workers" is ridicoulous. Especially in the environment they are set in "disney" your mind is definitly not in a sound frame of mind. I believe that type behavior is a learned, a behavior were parents don't teach there children correctly about right and wrong and teaching them how to find balance in there lives has a higher chance of them becoming extremists of some sort. Just a bit of a warning to you parents that are so against wearing make up, you are severly impeding your childrens ability to think and learn. Your asking them to repress behavior accepted by our society to a point were when they reach a certain age they will completly rebel against what you've taught them, and because you did not balance their views of the situation, that there is a right place and wrong place for behavior they will go to the extreme side of what you were teaching either way. You will also severly impede on there self esteem which might make them feel like either A. they always need make up to make them look pretty or B that make up makes you look like a tramp. Which is neither but just extreme opposites of the same coin. I don't know if I have express my point properly and I don't mean this to offend anybody, just that I have had a lot of experience raiseing or help raise children and I know everyone has there own form of technics but I have experineced that kids are not as dumb as many people think and they are very preceptive so guiding them and balancing there views is what I've seen that really pays off. Anyways the BBB in the castle makes sense I just don't want the walk way to become overly crowded with a bunch of annoying parents. But it makes more sense they should move the art store closer to the castle though maybe somewhere down liberty square.

calicommando

I haven't counted how many of you are female posting up or how many of you have daughters. But I don't let me daughters wear make up, unless we are going out to say a wedding were one of them is the flower girl then she can wear make up or if there is a dance recital they may be in, because of the stage lighting. On the other hand it depends what type of girls you have, my daughters are very different. The littlest is a girly girl. She loves make up, she loves doing hair, and she loves doing nails. My oldest is not that much into that. I have learned that you have to let them be girls and guide them so that they mke intelligent choices on there own. So yes my daughter wore make up when she came out of the BBB last year for her birthday. (it sure was a pretty penny we spent) But to equate that with your views on relating it to "street workers" is ridicoulous. Especially in the environment they are set in "disney" your mind is definitly not in a sound frame of mind. I believe that type behavior is a learned, a behavior were parents don't teach there children correctly about right and wrong and teaching them how to find balance in there lives has a higher chance of them becoming extremists of some sort. Just a bit of a warning to you parents that are so against wearing make up, you are severly impeding your childrens ability to think and learn. Your asking them to repress behavior accepted by our society to a point were when they reach a certain age they will completly rebel against what you've taught them, and because you did not balance their views of the situation, that there is a right place and wrong place for behavior they will go to the extreme side of what you were teaching either way. You will also severly impede on there self esteem which might make them feel like either A. they always need make up to make them look pretty or B that make up makes you look like a tramp. Which is neither but just extreme opposites of the same coin. I don't know if I have express my point properly and I don't mean this to offend anybody, just that I have had a lot of experience raiseing or help raise children and I know everyone has there own form of technics but I have experineced that kids are not as dumb as many people think and they are very preceptive so guiding them and balancing there views is what I've seen that really pays off. Anyways the BBB in the castle makes sense I just don't want the walk way to become overly crowded with a bunch of annoying parents. But it makes more sense they should move the art store closer to the castle though maybe somewhere down liberty square.

Huh??? :confused:

Kristi Kay

Not of a sound frame of mind b/c some of us don't think that "some" of the hairstyles coming out of there look classy? What in the world? Please explain. To me, that seems like a pretty big judgment for you to make....

Momx3

I have twin 8 year olds who have an appointment when we go in June. There are three different styles you can choose to have done with pop diva beong one so maybe that is what some people are seeing and calling the "trashy" look. My girls are going to wear their costumes and get the princess look. They are so excited. They do not ever wear makeup or get their hair done special but I thought for a day at MK it would be a neat experience. It will be nice when it is at MK as we have to go to DTD and then to MK so it will be much more convenient. I do think it being at the castle makes perfect sense as that is what girls associate with Cinderella. I realize everyone has different opinions but I thought I'd add my 2 cents. :animwink:

WhyteAL

Not of a sound frame of mind b/c some of us don't think that "some" of the hairstyles coming out of there look classy? What in the world? Please explain. To me, that seems like a pretty big judgment for you to make....

I am not speaking of hair styles what I am talking about is make up. And for some people to make judgement linking little girl fantasies to "night girl" themes, these little girls are innocent to those concepts and these two things are not very good comparisons. That is what I meant. Sorry no t very clear.

Now if people are making judgements based on hair styles then that is just plain foolish, they are dressing up! Duh! Classy for kids is not that big of a deal. I think there really is not classyness for little kids they are not on that psychological level yet maybe when they are older. I thought people were upset because little girs were wearing make up. My fault, my bad.

Sorry so messy posting, it is that I try to type what I am thinking fast because and today I have been a little busy at work...:wave: and wanted to partake in the post anyways. I think too much multitasking on my part. :)

WhyteAL

I have twin 8 year olds who have an appointment when we go in June. There are three different styles you can choose to have done with pop diva beong one so maybe that is what some people are seeing and calling the "trashy" look. My girls are going to wear their costumes and get the princess look. They are so excited. They do not ever wear makeup or get their hair done special but I thought for a day at MK it would be a neat experience. It will be nice when it is at MK as we have to go to DTD and then to MK so it will be much more convenient. I do think it being at the castle makes perfect sense as that is what girls associate with Cinderella. I realize everyone has different opinions but I thought I'd add my 2 cents. :animwink:

I'll be the first to tell you that to them this is such a big deal, they'll love it. Especially when cm's around the park refer to them as princesses. Have fun and enjoy the moment :wave:.

shari71

Has anyone confirmed this is true - BBB in the castle?

My daughters have gone twice to BBB. The first is my avatar and I don't find either one trashy or looking like a street walker. They felt like princesses and they looked it. It was done for fun and nothing else except it was my birthday and I felt like giving them a gift for making me so happy.

The second time my oldest got the POP princess which I will admit not to my liking, but she did this to go with her costume for MNSSHP that evening and received a lot of compliments that her hair set off her costume (Kim Possible cheerleader).

The makeup is very light and came off easily. I could not even see the nail polish.

BBB is just part of the magic of being at Disney. Before I get excited or dreadful of BBB in the castle, I want to make sure there is truth to this.

Laura

Premium Member
I have mixed feelings on this whole salon deal.

On one hand, I think there's a lot of little girls out there for whom going to Disney World is a once in a lifetime opportunity and being able to get dolled up like a princess would be icing on the cake.

On the other hand, I think there's a lot of spoiled rotten kids out there whose parents are more interested in buying the Disney magic on their visa, rather than letting their kids experience it in the simple things.

I'm not sure if I'll ever utilize the service or not. If I do, I will consider myself a parent of a spoiled rotten kid. LOL

But regarding the comments about little girls coming out of the salon looking trashy, I was curious so I did a google image search, and look at this adorable little girl I found: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/114/266217250_8e6b9b80df.jpg?v=0

That's the cutest thing I've ever seen. :lol:

dxwwf3

On the other hand, I think there's a lot of spoiled rotten kids out there whose parents are more interested in buying the Disney magic on their visa, rather than letting their kids experience it in the simple things.

Ooooooohhhhhh, what a great point.

Kristi Kay

Okay...Maybe some of you think this is cute or princess like, but this is what most of us are refering to when we say "not class". To me, this is princess like- at all....this is what makes me do the double take....

It's just dress up...I know. But this isn't princessy and magic, to me...[/COLOR]

shari71

That is the POP hair style and I am not crazy about it. My daughter did get it but she did it for the costume (Kim Possible cheerleader)...not to be a princess. The other two hairstyles are more princess appropriate (Diva and Fairytale).

Kristi Kay

Shari, what style does your daughter, in the avatar, on the right have? Like I said earlier, my sister and I are going there Sept 3 and my sister has super long hair, like your daugthers. I think she would really like the long curls...it is very princessy...

shari71

She has the Diva hairstyle. The long hair is actually the extensions that come with the hairstyle. She actually has about shoulder length hair that they pulled back and braided into a bun.

maryszhi

I think that disney does a really nice job with the make-overs. It is worth every penny.
~A dream is what your heart makes~
~when you wish upon a star~

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom