Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique gets cozy in Cindy's Castle

calicommando

Okay...Maybe some of you think this is cute or princess like, but this is what most of us are refering to when we say "not class". To me, this is princess like- at all....this is what makes me do the double take....

It's just dress up...I know. But this isn't princessy and magic, to me...

WHOA!!! Those are somebody's kids. I think it's tactless to say "this is what we're referring to." Be careful. . .

Kristi Kay

WHOA!!! Those are somebody's kids. I think it's tactless to say "this is what we're referring to." Be careful. . .

Oh no, no, no...I didn’t mean this offensively at all. The little girls are absolutely precious. I was just referring to that specific hairstyle that BBB is putting out. I will totally delete them, if someone can let me know how to do that. I don’t want anyone offended b/c I’m not talking about the girls whatsoever, just the hairstyle that is 100% BBB....

Momx3

I am not one to give my kids every thing they want it put it on my Visa. I am saving every penny for my trip. I know how much they love to dress up at home and know they will love getting to feel like a princess. I realize this isn't for everyone but I know how excited my girls are to do it. :)

PintoColvig

Essentially it was an Art of Disney Store. Specialized in collectable quality merchandise and art. Had a nice collection of swords as well.
I've visited the KG once, I believe. Maybe 10 years ago? All I remember were the swords. Wasn't enough in there to compel me to come back. My dd is already begging me to take her to the castle BBB. Guess I'll back in there for the first time in a decade. :king:

DDuckFan130

I don't really mind the amount of make-up little girls get. They're little girls, you expect them to look natural? :lol:

That, the hair, the tiara, the costumes...they're all a part of something many little girls go through, which is playing dress up. That includes wearing mommy's clothes and mommy's make-up. And we all know how gifted make-up artists little girls can be :lol:

It's not a big deal :shrug:

WhyteAL

On the other hand, I think there's a lot of spoiled rotten kids out there whose parents are more interested in buying the Disney magic on their visa, rather than letting their kids experience it in the simple things.

A very good point you make there.
That is the difference between a good parent and a not so good parent...IMO

DisneyChik17

I don't really mind the amount of make-up little girls get. They're little girls, you expect them to look natural? :lol:

That, the hair, the tiara, the costumes...they're all a part of something many little girls go through, which is playing dress up. That includes wearing mommy's clothes and mommy's make-up. And we all know how gifted make-up artists little girls can be :lol:

It's not a big deal :shrug:

Exactly! If you have a problem with the amount of make-up YOUR child is having applied, go and tell the Fairy Godmother in training that you would like you daughter to have less make-up. I am sure your wish can be accomodated.

As for other people's kids, lay off. They are probably letting thier daughters have fun for a day. Where is the harm in that?

MMP

Wow, I've never seen so many people take a little glitter and blush so seriously! It isn't like these parents are sending their young daughters to church covered in this stuff, it's just them playing dress up at Disney World. Most little girls love to play with make-up because they know it's not something they normally get to do, it's just for fun. I know I was allowed to play with make-up as a child and then even as a pre-teen at slumber parties, and I didn't grow up to be a streetwalker and I wear a very normal amount of make-up for a young lady my age. I see little girls coming in the parks everyday in their BBB make-up and hair, they still look like little girls, just little girls who got into Cinderella's make-up case. It's harmless, little girls have been playing with make-up for generations.

I'm amazed at all the opposition to removing the giftshop, normally everyone is complaining about Disney adding a giftshop and all of a sudden we're mad because they're taking one out? I'm sure everything will be relocated, they'll move the crystal to the Arribas store on Mainstreet and probably put the sculptures and swords in the Jewelry store.

Gorjus

Is there any confirmation of this ?

Yes, I can confirm that this is official. There is a "versa-tell" on it. A versa-tell is like a property wide memo to all departments to let them know developments that may effect traffic/crowds/events etc. Personally, I think Expo Hall makes more sense than the castle in terms of crowds and you could put the photo studio right next to it, but I'm just a peon.

Secondly, I think it's really too bad that everything is always about making more money.

Well, while happy to make more money, this is also about the magic that happens there. Some of the girls faces are just pure joy when they are dressed up. And they are treated like royalty by the fairy godmothers in training. It is a place where magic happens.

As for the styles, you can choose three hair styles
1. Fairytale Princess: Your hair is in a bun with a mini tiara. Classy.
2. Princess Diva: Your hair in in a bun, mini tiara, but long curly hair extensions are added and they make the bun bigger with some of the hair extensions. Still classy.
3. Pop Princess: Hair in a bun but they add these bizare color (blue/pink) extensions that stick straight up in the air. Think Cindy Lauper in her hey day. Think Punk rockers.

And for prices, you can choose
1. hair and make up: $35 (honestly girls, where can you go to a salon for $35 and come out looking ready for an elegant night. It is a good deal for grown ups...who do use the service a lot)
2. Hair, Make up, and nails: $45
3. Hair, Make up, nails, shoes, wand, crown, dress, and a photo package: $175

Now while I think it is nice to have the whole treatment, I would either buy a knock off princess dress in a department store, or I would buy a more comfortable regular dress that my child could wear all day. Then I would pay $35 for hair and make up (the kids never leave on the press on nails and tend to pick at the nail polish of regular nails). I would then go to the photo studio for the photo shoot and just have them add it to my photo pass.

But, if $175 is no problem for you, go for it; as long as it is the princess that wants this and not just the mom. That happens way too often.

lilclerk

And for prices, you can choose
1. hair and make up: $35 (honestly girls, where can you go to a salon for $35 and come out looking ready for an elegant night. It is a good deal for grown ups...who do use the service a lot)
2. Hair, Make up, and nails: $45
3. Hair, Make up, nails, shoes, wand, crown, dress, and a photo package: $175

I gotta say, that's a lot less than I expected.

OneLuckyMom

On September 10, 2007, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is expanding and will be opening a second location inside the Magic Kingdom in none other than Cinderella Castle..)

Allears reported that the new location would be open in July, not September, in their latest newletter (in the rumor section). Anyone have any idea which date is right? The wording of the post here sounds like it was taken from something official, so I'm leaning towards believing the September date....

kybred72

It's true... got this email communication today

Dear Rebecca XXX,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Oh, yes it is true and we are so excited!

The first Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was opened inside the World of Disney
at Downtown Disney Marketplace on April 5, 2006. The Bibbidi Bobbidi
Boutique is a magical salon that transforms little girls into
Princesses.

On September 10, 2007, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is expanding and
will be opening a second location inside the Magic Kingdom in none other
than Cinderella Castle. Similar to our dining venues, a reservation is
highly recommended and can be made by calling 407-WDW-STYLE
(407-939-7895) up to 180 days prior to arrival. Reservations for the
Magic Kingdom Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique can be made beginning April 29,
2007. Since the Boutique is inside the Magic Kingdom Park, theme park
admission is required.

The Boutique will move into the space that is currently known as The
King's Gallery which houses Arts & Collectible merchandise. Guests can
continue to enjoy Arribas Brother offerings at the Crystal Arts store on
Main Street, U.S.A., Arribas Brothers store located in Downtown Disney
and the shop in the Germany pavilion at Epcot. The last day of business
for The King's Gallery is July 4, 2007 and construction on the new
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique runs from July 5 - September 1, 2007. (Note
that all refurbishment work takes place inside the location and will not
impede Guest access through the Castle breezeway.)

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

We look forward to your visit!

Sincerely,

Charlotte Varhol

WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

Is there any truth to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique putting a new
store/boutique in the castle at the MK?

Thank you, Rebecca XXX

kybred72

Am so excited! It'll be open by the time we get there in late September! Am proudly taking my daughter to be made into a beautiful (not trashy) princess!

JikoMarie

I had my dd made up (in a tight fitting Ariel dress) in the afternoon,

This is the problem I have with BBB. A tight fitting outfit on a child?

But to equate that with your views on relating it to "street workers" is ridicoulous. Especially in the environment they are set in "disney" your mind is definitly not in a sound frame of mind.

I don't think that anyone is saying that the little girls behave like "street walkers" but that they sometimes come out of BBB looking like that. Also, I don't think it's the people criticizing shops like this that you have to be worried about. An environment like Disney isn't as safe as you think.

And for some people to make judgement linking little girl fantasies to "night girl" themes, these little girls are innocent to those concepts and these two things are not very good comparisons.

I don't think that the little girls are as innocent to those things as you think. I can tell you after spending a great deal of time working with children that they are often a lot less innocent than there age would imply and that they often grow up faster than they need to. I just don't think we, as parents, need to help that process.

On one hand, I think there's a lot of little girls out there for whom going to Disney World is a once in a lifetime opportunity and being able to get dolled up like a princess would be icing on the cake.

I guess another thing I don't get why parents would spend money for this. Couldn't you turn your daughter into a princess in the hotel room and have more control over the results?

I'm amazed at all the opposition to removing the giftshop, normally everyone is complaining about Disney adding a giftshop and all of a sudden we're mad because they're taking one out?

People complain when Disney adds another gift shop that sells the same stuff as every other gift shop. (Kinda like another BBB) In this case, people are sad about seeing a unique aspect of Disney disappear yet again.

But, if $175 is no problem for you, go for it; as long as it is the princess that wants this and not just the mom. That happens way too often.

No offense to anyone here but I think this is the case more than often. I bet the little girls wouldn't even know the place existed if we didn't tell them nor would they miss it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom