News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Chef idea Mickey`=

I feel they are having to deal with a replacement to Encanto. A Land section that would had vibrant color contrast to Coco and etc. If you wanted vibrant color for night then you would need some of the street atmosphere from Radiator Spring's. Some kinetic energy and nostalgic environment is needed which the other international parks obtained alone with Frozen for example.

In the Parks
No
I'm curious as to what the process of not getting anything out of them is. Whether it's silence or a "Nuh-uh. Not gonna say it."

But I do think the best bet is it's Zootopia. We have to assume it is an IP that is successful (not Wish), isn't currently planned for elsewhere in the resort (not Lion King), and is either recently relevant (Moana) or legendarily successful (Indy), and of course one that not only does not fit near Frontierland, but not in the entire part (not Jungle Book). Zootopia is popular, has a sequel coming out, has an entire land that has already been created so it can just be cloned over, and makes 100% no sense Beyond Big Thunder.

The only other possibilities I can see fitting the criteria are Inside Out, Big Hero 6, the Muppets, and Lilo & Stitch
This person was told this at a one-on-one meeting with a supervisor in WDI. They could say very little about anything. Just shared their opinion on the IP selection. They liked the Zootopia addition to Shanghai, so I bet that’s not it either.

Sir_Cliff

That would be ideal.
It would be nice if they more generally started backing off single-IP lands unless there was an exceptional case that the IP had achieved some sort of classic status as could be argued with Star Wars and, while I don't like what they've done with it, possibly Toy Story.

At least with a Coco mini-land, you're essentially building a small Mexico area that isn't theoretically that different from building a Caribbean Plaza around Pirates of the Caribbean. If in the future they have more Mexico-based IPs, they could always loosen the specific connection to Coco and include them. That's definitely not true with a Zootopia land or a Cars land.

Nickm2022

🏜 Desert Land

* Radiator Spring's Racer's
* Woody Cowboy Attraction

🏜 Coco Town Village
- *ride

🔮 Villain Land or Other MAJOR Land

*At least 3 or 4 attractions
Im fine with that, I do wonder what they will call the desert/coco area. Because while they could keep the Frontierland name it wouldn't make as much sense. Especially if they do proceed in retheming Pecos to Tianas the current FL would become a Bayou/critter area. I could see the new area instead of being called Frointerland something like "American Desert" or "Western Valley" for the new area. God I hope they do Villains land. It would be such an easy win across the board. Anyone hear anything about Villains?

Advisable Joseph

Last edited:

eddie104

FWIW, another site you guys dislike heard about it in May, and a Redditor was told the show was coming recently.

The show wll have as much to with mammals as the old show did with bugs, and since Rohde is back it sounds like it will have some oversight.

At least the animals will have the right number of limbs!
Interesting idea for the show but I hope they don’t emphasize the “celebration” aspects too much because we wouldn’t another TBA story confusion situation.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Y’know, I was reading up on the Disney wiki about cancelled park attractions, and one was a Gravity Falls attraction based on the Mystery Shack that “didn’t even make it past the initial pitch.” It would’ve went to Disneyland where Big Thunder Ranch was but executives were “so baffled they quickly shut it down.”
I'm a firm believer Gravity Falls would make for a fantastic theme park land. Disney TVA projects definitely don't have the mass-market appeal to get permanent attractions anymore (sans Paul Rudish Mickey I guess) but I think just in terms of atmosphere and discovery/interactive elements it would rock. I am biased though since (if you couldn't tell from my screen name) it's my favorite show of all time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
FWIW, another site you guys dislike heard about it in May, and a Redditor was told the show was coming recently.

The show wll have as much to with mammals as the old show did with bugs, and since Rohde is back it sounds like it will have some oversight.

At least the animals will have the right number of limbs!
You're just posting links to people reporting the stuff we've already heard.

We know what was announced at D23, we don't need some rando Reditor to confirm what we heard. Or some pro anonymizing real insider's info.

This old info doesn't change that Disney has stopped talking about it. Our real insiders are saying it's still a thing. But... WDW has been known to change their minds.

aladdin2007

Im fine with that, I do wonder what they will call the desert/coco area. Because while they could keep the Frontierland name it wouldn't make as much sense. Especially if they do proceed in retheming Pecos to Tianas the current FL would become a Bayou/critter area. I could see the new area instead of being called Frointerland something like "American Desert" or "Western Valley" for the new area. God I hope they do Villains land. It would be such an easy win across the board. Anyone hear anything about Villains?
sounds like that is dead now not happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom