News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

I believe the problem here is space. In an alternate universe, we would have the Rhine river cruise, Mt. Fuji Coaster, and the Mary Poppins attraction in the UK.

As much as we don’t want to believe it, Epcot does not have a lot of expansion space. In order to even think about Rhine River cruise, we would have to lose Biergarten (which isn’t that much of a loss)…
Honestly there is space... I dropped in the massive Small World show building for size comparison.... Now the Rhine River show building would have never been this big, but if they wanted to there is space there....It would take moving some things, but it could be done....and it would not affect the Biergarten...
GERMANY Attraction Space.jpg

dreamfinding

Honestly there is space... I dropped in the massive Small World show building for size comparison.... Now the Rhine River show building would have never been this big, but if they wanted to there is space there....It would take moving some things, but it could be done....and it would not affect the Biergarten...View attachment 790035
Backstage stuff would have to be relocated. It *could* be done, but it all boils down to if they want to do it.

SilentWindODoom

Between Germany and Italy would just be the perfect spot for a Swiss Pavilion with the Alps in the background.

As for the Rhine River Cruise, I know that there was someone who explained how Biergarten expanded buffet space into areas built for the ride. I forget if it was Parkeology or Theme Park History or somewhere else. But I'm sure they can finagle something.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
By this criteria almost no park has any expansion space. Back of house functions fill in space and expansions rarely occur as thought about once upon a time.
I like to think of expansion pads as pristine park land upon which cast members can frolic in their off hours.

"Fred from Syracuse, didn't you clock out hours ago?" "It's such a beautiful day. I wished to wander the grounds."

And so on.

Bocabear

All I’m saying - we could get Brazil!
Sadly the Brazil they were planning had no attraction.....not the original Brazil pavilion with cable car through a rain forest....that was early concepts... We would end up with a gift shop and a restaurant.... I would rather have more attractions within the showcase... for new Pavilions, Singapore would be great, India, Australia, Fiillipines, Thailand.....

SilentWindODoom

Probably a pipe dream, but World Showcase needs some variation outside of Europe.

Also - don’t touch the trains 🤣

You're not wrong... but the geographic location is so perfect and it can be tucked behind the trains up a rocky rise!

Sadly the Brazil they were planning had no attraction.....not the original Brazil pavilion with cable car through a rain forest....that was early concepts... We would end up with a gift shop and a restaurant.... I would rather have more attractions within the showcase... for new Pavilions, Singapore would be great, India, Australia, Fiillipines, Thailand.....

Turn the Outpost into a proper Sub-Saharan African nation pavilion!

aladdin2007

There was talk of moving three cabs to the Brazil pavilion, and Mexico would get Coco....that was back when Brazil was actually close to becoming a thing.

Purduevian

I'm with you on this. There are still two massive plots (between UK and Canada, east of Germany) if they want to do new countries. I don't mind them simply expanding existing pavilions into other plots as a result.
The only full country plot basically untouched are between Japan and Morocoo

Would need to remove the train for the plot between Italy and Germany

Would need to remove World Showplace for the plot between Canada and UK

Would need to remove the African Outpost for 2ish country plots between Germany and China

Would need to remove Royal Summer haus to open up a country between Mexico and norway

There are 2 slices about the size of half a country on either side of USA

Finally, there is about half a country of size in front of RAT.

So if you remove Germany trains, World Showplace and African Outpost you could put in 6 more countries and 3 halfish countries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom