News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

James Alucobond

What is WDI actually planning for this land? All we've heard are projects being considered, and no one has heard villains land is cancelled nor approved. Same with the River boat, it may go away but it may (and probably) won't. COCO is also still not confirmed rather just heavily rumored, and none of the permits have revealed stuff (besides BTM getting updates). I also doubt they'll ever do anything with Raya sadly, even though I think she'd be a great fit for Animal Kingdom.
People who claim to be in the know say disparate things, so assuming they all have actual sources, the simplest explanation is that plans are in flux, particularly beyond phase 1. Kind of just have to wait and see unless a singular narrative starts emerging.

Nickm2022

People who claim to be in the know say disparate things, so assuming they all have actual sources, the simplest explanation is that plans are in flux, particularly beyond phase 1. Kind of just have to wait and see unless a singular narrative starts emerging.
That's what I am assuming, to me it kinda seems like Coco, Cars, whatever else, you name it, are all multiple ideas that won't be approved until right near D23. I also assume Villains will just get a confirmation and construction won't start for years (if it happens at all)

James Alucobond

That's what I am assuming, to me it kinda seems like Coco, Cars, whatever else, you name it, are all multiple ideas that won't be approved until right near D23. I also assume Villains will just get a confirmation and construction won't start for years (if it happens at all)
I personally think Coco + Moana sounds the most solid and plausible for MK and will basically be ready to get underway when D23 rolls around. I think they will remain wholly blue sky on anything beyond that, maybe with slightly more defined artwork, but nothing official.

Nickm2022

I personally think Coco + Moana sounds the most solid and plausible for MK and will basically be ready to get underway when D23 rolls around. I think they will remain wholly blue sky on anything beyond that, maybe with slightly more defined artwork, but nothing official.
I agree, however I do think any "blue sky" going forward will actually happen, but would be more these plans are exact, but it's gonna look something like this and have these IP's instead of the last few years of blue sky which was how upset would you be if this is built and don't worry none of this is probably gonna happen anyway.

My bets are Moana in Adventureland, Coco as the first phase of BBTM, and IP confirmation/development of Villains and whatever else happens.

doctornick

Yeah but Moana isn’t going to go in the BBTM area (it’s supposed to be in Adventureland)

James Alucobond

I agree, however I do think any "blue sky" going forward will actually happen, but would be more these plans are exact, but it's gonna look something like this and have these IP's instead of the last few years of blue sky which was how upset would you be if this is built and don't worry none of this is probably gonna happen anyway.

My bets are Moana in Adventureland, Coco as the first phase of BBTM, and IP confirmation/development of Villains and whatever else happens.
If it’s at all certain, they won’t call it blue sky. By their very nature, blue sky plans are meant to be a bit amorphous.
Yeah but Moana isn’t going to go in the BBTM area (it’s supposed to be in Adventureland)
Didn’t mean to imply it was.

lazyboy97o

Not at Universal .. Epic Universe was on point but they knew what they were going to build and not wondering around "what if" word salad! They were romaine ready for a long time coming with that available parcel of land!
This is just nowhere close to true. There was a bunch of wondering “What if?” with Epic Universe. Entire lands were considered and dropped. Drastic revisions completely changed the lands and attractions that are going to open next year.

rd805

This is just nowhere close to true. There was a bunch of wondering “What if?” with Epic Universe. Entire lands were considered and dropped. Drastic revisions completely changed the lands and attractions that are going to open next year.
Like what?! Besides postponed expansions (which would delay the opening of the park), everything that has been reported for the last 5-8 years is PRETTY darn accurate.

lazyboy97o

Like what?! Besides postponed expansions (which would delay the opening of the park), everything that has been reported for the last 5-8 years is PRETTY darn accurate.
That should tell you how long these projects actually take even at Universal.

Waterworld was considered. Entirely indoor lands were considered. Building out the existing parks and delaying the new park was considered. Universal even received building permits for three attractions that are not being built, one of which was then “What if-ed” for Universal Studios Florida.

The difference is that Universal didn't discuss the What Ifs in a big public presentation.
That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. It’s just the nonsense of people who claim to want to know what is being considered being big mad when they get what they say they want.

eddie104

That should tell you how long these projects actually take even at Universal.

Waterworld was considered. Entirely indoor lands were considered. Building out the existing parks and delaying the new park was considered. Universal even received building permits for three attractions that are not being built, one of which was then “What if-ed” for Universal Studios Florida.

That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. It’s just the nonsense of people who claim to want to know what is being considered being big mad when they get what they say they want.
Gosh every time I read your posts it’s like a breath of fresh air.

Bocabear

Difference is Universal did not have a huge marketing and Fan based event to start talking up the new lands and attractions....and then cut them after constructin started... They were pretty quiet about everything they were doing ...

lazyboy97o

Difference is Universal did not have a huge marketing and Fan based event to start talking up the new lands and attractions....and then cut them after constructin started... They were pretty quiet about everything they were doing ...
And again, this is nonsense hypocrisy from people who have gone out of their way to be someplace dedicated to that sort of information. You’ve been begging Wonka to let you in and now your mad that he did.

Bocabear

And again, this is nonsense hypocrisy from people who have gone out of their way to be someplace dedicated to that sort of information. You’ve been begging Wonka to let you in and now your mad that he did.
It wasn't just realeased to the D23 members...It was widely talked about by Disney, etc. If it gets to the point where they are going to release the info to the Fan community, they should at least have a more concrete idea if they will build it or not... It is not like someone walked through Willy Wonka's factory and saw something on someone's desk about the Everlasting gobstopper and that person told everyone... Willy Wonka created a press release about the Everlasting gobstopper and then decided not to make it.....

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
It wasn't just realeased to the D23 members...It was widely talked about by Disney, etc. If it gets to the point where they are going to release the info to the Fan community, they should at least have a more concrete idea if they will build it or not... It is not like someone walked through Willy Wonka's factory and saw something on someone's desk about the Everlasting gobstopper and that person told everyone... Willy Wonka created a press release about the Everlasting gobstopper and then decided not to make it.....
Oompa-loompa-doompety-doo
I've got a plan for lying to you...

lazyboy97o

They released it to a fan community that spends hours a day trying to suss out what they are working on. A fan community that knows about dozens of projects that never were but were shared, going back decades. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad sits on the site of one such project.

Bocabear

They released it to a fan community that spends hours a day trying to suss out what they are working on. A fan community that knows about dozens of projects that never were but were shared, going back decades. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad sits on the site of one such project.
It also showed up on news feeds...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom