News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Fox&Hound

RSR is fantastic and would be a huge win for WDW. It’s not surprising they want to bring it over since it’s probably one of the highest rated rides at DLR. I even think they could make it work at MK, but DHS would be a much better option
But what is the height restriction? I just want more rides at DHS for the little ones too. Right now there are so few rides for the little kids and swirling saucers is a clone of Maters.

saxamoophone

The only full country plot basically untouched are between Japan and Morocoo

Would need to remove the train for the plot between Italy and Germany

Would need to remove World Showplace for the plot between Canada and UK

Would need to remove the African Outpost for 2ish country plots between Germany and China

Would need to remove Royal Summer haus to open up a country between Mexico and norway

There are 2 slices about the size of half a country on either side of USA

Finally, there is about half a country of size in front of RAT.

So if you remove Germany trains, World Showplace and African Outpost you could put in 6 more countries and 3 halfish countries.

Considering how much of Studios they blew away a few years ago I don’t see anyone blinking twice over a tent or trainset.

So much space at Epcot - hopefully more love to world showcase over the next few years

BrianLo

Frontierland-> Mexico-Day of the Dead-> Villians - That works really well.

Now here's a wild, wild idea that thematically sort of blends together, but maybe not stylistically.

Coco Beyond Big Thunder. Nightmare before Christmas beyond Haunted Mansion. Both blending into Villainsland.

It is the ultimate "we love after hours parties" concept for Magic Kingdom. And I know everyone is going to really, really hate me for proposing that. But I have enough cynicism and there's enough Millennials in the halls of imagineering these days. Plus there's a weird business use case for never ending holiday integration.

Though I vaguely see the appeal of Radiator Springs. They already have a good Halloween and Christmas package for that already. Even though I'm vaguely confident it was rejected in this project.

In the Parks
No
Spoke to my friend again...I couldn't get anything out of them regarding the "terrible IP that doesn't fit" but I mentioned RSR and there was no discernible reaction from them...to the point where I don't think this is it. I didn't feel right just naming random rumors to watch for a reaction, so I think we're just going to have to wait until D23 on this one. And my teeth will be clenched, because my friend has really good creative instincts, and if they didn't like this, it's not going to be good.

eddie104

Maybe I’m being very generous to WDI, but I almost have to wonder if they were given certain mandates for the story of this attraction:
• Showcase elements of the upcoming (canceled?) Tiana Disney+ show
• Do not include fear-inducing story elements so that all ages can enjoy the attraction
• Do not call-back to Tiana being a frog

Even if WDI was handed these parameters, I’m sure they could have done a better job, but it does make you wonder…
RSR seems to have conflicting info among the insiders.

Honestly I believe it has no teeth and put out there to gauge interest.

It wasn’t in any of initial concept arts for any plans for WDW so I’m not giving it any attention especially with Iger promoting the heck out of Avatar for DL.

Lastly why can’t we get the full land when their is plenty of space?

Last edited:

Chef idea Mickey`=

Lastly why can’t we get the full land when their plenty of space?
It could become the same as Ratatouille in Epcot. Different form and layout in land (yes Epcot's butilt version is built as "Paris") same attraction. Some foundational signature components not included like (Remy's) in order to still have the one in Paris exclusive and original. I would think Remy's is for a true real in France experience, than a world showcase experience idk..

Last edited:

Nickm2022

Spoke to my friend again...I couldn't get anything out of them regarding the "terrible IP that doesn't fit" but I mentioned RSR and there was no discernible reaction from them...to the point where I don't think this is it. I didn't feel right just naming random rumors to watch for a reaction, so I think we're just going to have to wait until D23 on this one. And my teeth will be clenched, because my friend has really good creative instincts, and if they didn't like this, it's not going to be good.
That's good to hear.

I agree I have no doubt that RSR is being considered along with a ton of other things new and already built. But I think that this D23 will be Moana for Adventureland, COCO for BBT, along with Villains land development confirmation (ie confirming the land and the theme similar to Galaxy's edge confirmation in 2015). This in addition to EPCOT updates, Hollywood Studios Expansion, and then all the Animal Kingdom developments.

For the rumored IP that doesn't fit btw it was rumored a while ago Zootopia was considered for BBT but that idea was quickly scrapped after it was considered to be a better fit for HS. In my opinion it seems to me like Zootopia was going to AK before they realized it didn't fit (and if Joe Rohde is back), then considered MK until they realized that it doesn't really need it or make sense, and then are now considering Hollywood Studios.

SilentWindODoom

I'm curious as to what the process of not getting anything out of them is. Whether it's silence or a "Nuh-uh. Not gonna say it."

But I do think the best bet is it's Zootopia. We have to assume it is an IP that is successful (not Wish), isn't currently planned for elsewhere in the resort (not Lion King), and is either recently relevant (Moana) or legendarily successful (Indy), and of course one that not only does not fit near Frontierland, but not in the entire part (not Jungle Book). Zootopia is popular, has a sequel coming out, has an entire land that has already been created so it can just be cloned over, and makes 100% no sense Beyond Big Thunder.

The only other possibilities I can see fitting the criteria are Inside Out, Big Hero 6, the Muppets, and Lilo & Stitch

Delta-7

Y’know, I was reading up on the Disney wiki about cancelled park attractions, and one was a Gravity Falls attraction based on the Mystery Shack that “didn’t even make it past the initial pitch.” It would’ve went to Disneyland where Big Thunder Ranch was but executives were “so baffled they quickly shut it down.”

Tha Realest

Y’know, I was reading up on the Disney wiki about cancelled park attractions, and one was a Gravity Falls attraction based on the Mystery Shack that “didn’t even make it past the initial pitch.” It would’ve went to Disneyland where Big Thunder Ranch was but executives were “so baffled they quickly shut it down.”
WDI isn’t used to making three-dimensional AAs from terrible looking animation.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Interesting, could it be they had to decide between Cars and Zootopia for Hollywood Studios so if they went with Cars then Zootopia would move to Magic Kingdom and since Ornament Valley would look better than Zootopia they switched them last minute. 😅

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom