News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

sounds like that is dead now not happening.
That is a shame...If we are going "Beyond Thunder Mountain" and continuing the western/frontiewr theme, I would be pleased to see Pecos Bill and that whole area become a New Orleans Riverbend...as you continue your journey Westward.... And to completely redo the facade and area around Pecos Bill and turn it into a real Tiana's Palace would be amazing.

dreamfinding

That is a shame...If we are going "Beyond Thunder Mountain" and continuing the western/frontiewr theme, I would be pleased to see Pecos Bill and that whole area become a New Orleans Riverbend...as you continue your journey Westward.... And to completely redo the facade and area around Pecos Bill and turn it into a real Tiana's Palace would be amazing.
This would present the perfect opportunity for the western river expedition :)

JoeCamel

If you go far enough you end up in Disneyland.....

FigmentFan82

According to official plans, that mural was indeed the entryway to the ride apparently. And the ride itself would have existed alongside the restaurant. I think they even began construction on the show building and finished part of that structure. They just never bothered to follow through. There is probably nothing stopping them from reviving the project if they wanted (they don't).

View attachment 790030
View attachment 790042
View attachment 790029
I feel like there's a photo or 2 floating around where there were actual doors before the mural was added?

SilentWindODoom

This person was told this at a one-on-one meeting with a supervisor in WDI. They could say very little about anything. Just shared their opinion on the IP selection. They liked the Zootopia addition to Shanghai, so I bet that’s not it either.

The thing about Magic Kingdom is that there's four other parks. If something fits better in one of the other three parks better, it can easily be said it doesn't belong there. Thus I can see people say something fits well at Shanghai (or even objectively thing the land is cool) without thinking it fits well at Magic Kingdom. Especially when the Studios are aching for something like it.

Of course, you may know your source well enough or have more details in their praise to know whether or not that is possible. I also went back to read more exact words in the past, it was said it was an IP that didn't fit, but the quote didn't specify if it was in that location or the entire park. Did they specify that?

Looking back also sorta changed my entire post since it was originally leading to me making the dramatic realization that Zootopia seemed to fit perfectly like a Victorian detective in a crowded room at the end of the story... only to see you'd brought it up yourself as a likely possibility. :hilarious:

doctornick

This would present the perfect opportunity for the western river expedition :)

I really would love this. and I get that modern sensibilities might not approve of some of the concepts, but I think you could build a pretty cool WRE that is more centered on "exploring the west" than "conquering" (i.e. a "cowboy and Indians" type concept).

I mean some of the concepts would still be fine: Hoot Gibson (and owl) narrating and landscapes would be fine. I think stuff like a stagecoach/bank robbery could still work as long as the bandits are not ethnic caricatures. Basically need to avoid using Mexicans or Native Americans as antagonists.

I mean it will never happen, but it would definitely be something that would be a hit among park fans and historians.

dreamfinding

I really would love this. and I get that modern sensibilities might not approve of some of the concepts, but I think you could build a pretty cool WRE that is more centered on "exploring the west" than "conquering" (i.e. a "cowboy and Indians" type concept).

I mean some of the concepts would still be fine: Hoot Gibson (and owl) narrating and landscapes would be fine. I think stuff like a stagecoach/bank robbery could still work as long as the bandits are not ethnic caricatures. Basically need to avoid using Mexicans or Native Americans as antagonists.

I mean it will never happen, but it would definitely be something that would be a hit among park fans and historians.
Oh, it is most definitely a pipe dream. If the company wasn’t so hell-bent on IP, it would’ve made a wonderful replacement for Splash.

Bocabear

Oh, it is most definitely a pipe dream. If the company wasn’t so hell-bent on IP, it would’ve made a wonderful replacement for Splash.
can you even imagine... the Splash show building redressed like rock formations in Monument Valley...a large western saloon at the exit...it could have been really amazing. But....we have flailing arms Tiana, and a New Orleans based attraction in what was Frontierland... Time to redress the current Frontierland as a New Orleans Riverbend, and build an all new hyper immersive Frontierland, Beyond Thunder Mountain....

Last edited:

dreamfinding

can you even imagine... the Splash show building redressed like rock formations in Monument Valley...a large wester saloon at the exit...it could have been really amazing. But....we have flailing arms Tiana, and a New Orlean based attraction in what was Frontierland... Time to redress the current Frontirland as a New Orleans Riverbend, and build an all new hyper immersive Frontierland, Beyond Thunder Mountain....
Bocabear, I believe we are becoming friends 🤣

imagine all of the beautiful rock work that blends directly into big thunder. You could treat the land as a whole and not what feels like 3 separate areas.

But instead we have country bears singing Zootopia and a log flume ride that doesn’t seem to want to work.

Skibum1970

Bocabear, I believe we are becoming friends 🤣

imagine all of the beautiful rock work that blends directly into big thunder. You could treat the land as a whole and not what feels like 3 separate areas.

But instead we have country bears singing Zootopia and a log flume ride that doesn’t seem to want to work.

I think that the log flume liked being Splash and is rebelling against being Tiana.

SilentWindODoom

A Primeval World for the railroad between Tomorrowland and Main Street, just like DL’s, would be the very least of concerns.

Another example of responding in the more relevant thread, especially since there was a call for focus in the thread this past posted in...

I think the area between the Fantasyland and Main Street stations has enough going on around to look at. The area in back, however... So much empty brush and forest representing "Fantasy". Going from Frontierland to the Grand Canyon (or perhaps going from whatever parts of this project interact with the railroad to the dioramas)
coming out at the circus.

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
I hope they reconsider Radiator Springs Racers and the Woody ride, because, Cars is NOT a good fit for MK, and two, we don't need another TS ride, Buzz is just footsteps away in Tomorrowland and TSL is at MGM, and we don't need Woody and Jessie paired up for meet and greets at both MK and DHS, we don't need the same pairing at two parks at once by decade's end

Hopefully at the last minute, they'll change the footprint for the new land with the following:
untitled_drawing_by_murofanguy97_dhlk4mq-fullview.jpguntitled_drawing_by_murofanguy97_dhlj919-fullview.jpguntitled_drawing_by_murofanguy97_dhlio7c-fullview.jpg

Yeah.., I'm aware that those blueprints aren't great and the riverboat would travel near the new area..(what about the Villain Mt part.., I think budgetary reasons would revoke it from the project)

Coco: pretty much all but confirmed
TNBC: Just to give Jack and the gang a long term home at WDW
Raya: A family coaster themed to the Awkwafina dragon
Elena of Avalor: Since the show and its title character is showing its legacy at MK years after the series concluded, I wouldn't be shocked if they're planning something new for the queen of Avalor at the parks as you can still find Elena at the Hall on the other side of the park(as of this writing)

Others:
A table service restaurant with a nice view of the nearby area
Character greeting trail(like at AK) where guests could potentially find characters like Miguel, Elena(in her signature outfit rather than her gown normally seen at PFTH), Raya, etc.
Maybe a gift shop

They would be a million times better than what WDI is actually planning on this land

eddie104

I hope they reconsider Radiator Springs Racers and the Woody ride, because, Cars is NOT a good fit for MK, and two, we don't need another TS ride, Buzz is just footsteps away in Tomorrowland and TSL is at MGM, and we don't need Woody and Jessie paired up for meet and greets at both MK and DHS, we don't need the same pairing at two parks at once by decade's end

Hopefully at the last minute, they'll change the footprint for the new land with the following:
View attachment 792727View attachment 792728View attachment 792729

Yeah.., I'm aware that those blueprints aren't great and the riverboat would travel near the new area..(what about the Villain Mt part.., I think budgetary reasons would revoke it from the project)

Coco: pretty much all but confirmed
TNBC: Just to give Jack and the gang a long term home at WDW
Raya: A family coaster themed to the Awkwafina dragon
Elena of Avalor: Since the show and its title character is showing its legacy at MK years after the series concluded, I wouldn't be shocked if they're planning something new for the queen of Avalor at the parks as you can still find Elena at the Hall on the other side of the park(as of this writing)

Others:
A table service restaurant with a nice view of the nearby area
Character greeting trail(like at AK) where guests could potentially find characters like Miguel, Elena(in her signature outfit rather than her gown normally seen at PFTH), Raya, etc.
Maybe a gift shop

They would be a million times better than what WDI is actually planning on this land
We don’t what they are planning to be fair.

Coco is the one thing we know that might happen but not for certain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom