News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

DisDude23

Got to be careful with "popping up on different sites." It's unlikely that all those sites have an insider giving them actual intel. More than likely, they're just repeating what one originally said. So, the number of sites repeating what a number of sites are repeating is in no way a validation of the rumor.

It's important to trace back where each got their info from, and where the originator got their info. Often, they got it from here.
My apologies, I didn’t mean to imply that the multiple appearances gave any validity to the claims. I just meant to convey that it was something has been in the ether for a number of months now.

I completely agree with you and have already noticed a pattern of seeing something here and then it will be mentioned on one YouTube channel or another then within the week it’s on every fan site that I know of.

Purduevian

Man this ride is huge...
1717704243809.png

ChewbaccaYourMum

Sorry, dry humor. I like the idea but it’s laughable on Disney’s part that they would ever attempt to build a ride like that today from the ground up.
Yeah, you're right. I was a bit naive in my enthusiasm at the idea and thought I could spark some kind of conversation about it in here. It doesn't feel like Disney would go above and beyond to make Western River Expedition "but with Woodys Round Up Gang". If that rumor of a Woody ride actually happened it would probably be some lackluster dark ride anyway.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Yeah, you're right. I was a bit naive in my enthusiasm at the idea and thought I could spark some kind of conversation about it in here. It doesn't feel like Disney would go above and beyond to make Western River Expedition "but with Woodys Round Up Gang". If that rumor of a Woody ride actually happened it would probably be some lackluster dark ride anyway.
Your Good! It's obvious there are superb ways to turn frontierland and BBT going with past incredible concepts.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Your Good! It's obvious there are superb ways to turn frontierland and BBT going with past incredible concepts
I would unironically enjoy a RSR set in Canada where all the cars have Canadian accents.

Luigi can even be French instead of Italian to represent Quebec
Well since the UK is right around the corner perhaps a quick spin past the Queen and back. ;) those British accent cars could make a cameo.

dreamfinding

At one point weren't there rumors about a rapids style ride for Canada hoping the rockwork would distract from Soarin'? That would still be an excellent fit for the Canadian Pavilion....which really could use something...THough I will sy, most of the pavilions really could use something....
I believe the problem here is space. In an alternate universe, we would have the Rhine river cruise, Mt. Fuji Coaster, and the Mary Poppins attraction in the UK.

As much as we don’t want to believe it, Epcot does not have a lot of expansion space. In order to even think about Rhine River cruise, we would have to lose Biergarten (which isn’t that much of a loss)…

lazyboy97o

I believe the problem here is space. In an alternate universe, we would have the Rhine river cruise, Mt. Fuji Coaster, and the Mary Poppins attraction in the UK.

As much as we don’t want to believe it, Epcot does not have a lot of expansion space. In order to even think about Rhine River cruise, we would have to lose Biergarten (which isn’t that much of a loss)…
The Biergarten was designed to co-exist with the Rhine River Cruise. Epcot has plenty of expansion space, it just didn’t anticipate the massive bloat in attraction size that has occurred with Disney.

Timothy_Q

This is simply not true at all

Purduevian

1717775574525.png

MerlinTheGoat

According to official plans, that mural was indeed the entryway to the ride apparently. And the ride itself would have existed alongside the restaurant. I think they even began construction on the show building and finished part of that structure. They just never bothered to follow through. There is probably nothing stopping them from reviving the project if they wanted (they don't).

1717777103844.png

1717780386583.png

1717777053079.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom