News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

MagicHappens1971

I'm admittedly very interested in their internal stats where they are getting that Coco of all things is going to be generate so many visitors that they need to make two brand new rides for the film at different parks so there aren't these like 5 hour waits, but at the same time Frozen is only popular enough for the hand me down EPCOT ride
The carousel is light theming, it’s just an IP that fits the general theme. No one is going to ride the carousel because it’s Coco themed.

Teddybearre

So, can one of our insiders confirm, that basically phase 1 of Beyond Big Thunder Mountain will be a Frontierland expansion, and then a phase 2 will debut as a new "land", whether its Villains or whatever else they come up with??
And then the new Moana attraction will open up before either phases of Beyond Big Thunder Mountain?
I asked some sources outside this thread, and they all said that they haven’t heard anything about Coco coming to MK, so I’m very very skeptical about that.

BrianLo

If the blog brigade was brought in for the song and dance, WDI must really be sErIoUs this time. Did Lou Mongello’s invite get lost in the mail?

Tom said 10 serious journalists/media present and then 10 blogosphere.

It does sound like a sentiment shifter - and it is showing some signs of working. I’m surprised they didn’t just hold off until D23.

Animaniac93-98

It does sound like a sentiment shifter - and it is showing some signs of working. I’m surprised they didn’t just hold off until D23.

Waiting until August would mean waiting until after the Epic Universe preview centre opens and tickets go on sale.

These two companies are going to be battling for media attention, so any gap in announcements is an opportunity

BrianLo

Waiting until August would mean waiting until after the Epic Universe preview centre opens and tickets go on sale.

That’s true. I actually think this is the best evidence that Josh is actually plugged into sentiment better than any park exec before.

Basically as soon as the green light (Florida agreement, proxy battle) allowed they wanted to be in front of media, to right the narrative.

RSoxNo1

If they build an entrance/exit around the haunted mansion queue I’m curious how they’ll do this unless they plan on docking the riverboat
I would think docking the Riverboat across from Tiana's is a logical choice.

I also would disappoint the masses if I didn't suggest relocating it's a small world to close off that side of the Beyond Big Thunder loop.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
You’ve nailed it. Villains Land has been talked about since 20,000 Leagues was still taking guests on board. It’s continued to be desired for all of this time and there are so many fantastic possibilities. It seems to be the antithesis of short sighted.
You had to go and mention 20K subs. :cry: Gone but not forgotten. Can that go beyond Big Thunder? Maybe it's a Mexican Kraken.

Tha Realest

EPIC universe is setting the bar with their dark universe land. Disney will have to go deeper, more immersive to raise the bar.
Honest question:

Who has the more iconic villains?

Universal Monsters, or Disney Villains?

I honestly go back and forth on this.

The Universal monsters *feel* of the same era and place setting in a way that feels like they could exist in the same universe.

The House of Mouse Villains type team up may work for a made for tv film or a Kingdom Hearts game, but not sure how you could see it working in a thematically consistent land…

celluloid

Honest question:

The Universal monsters *feel* of the same era and place setting in a way that feels like they could exist in the same universe.

The House of Mouse Villains type team up may work for a made for tv film or a Kingdom Hearts game, but not sure how you could see it working in a thematically consistent land…

The irony is The Monsters have more depth. You often feel for them with Frankenstein or Creature From The Black Lagoon as they are misunderstood.

Wolfman is a victim of circumstance and has times to reason and is a transformation.

Dracula is a jerk of course and a true villainous role that is often the puppetmaster taking advantage of the others.

The Disney Villains are great and melodramatic archetypes to love to hate, but don't really work out of context without their great heroes facing them.

James Alucobond

Honest question:

More often than not, Universal’s are essentially archetypes while Disney’s are characters. Dracula almost feels like a broad concept at this point, but there’s only “one” Ursula, live remake obsession aside.

TalkingHead

That makes it sound even more like a narrative ploy than aiming for the fences. New stuff is welcome but this is the same company that’s specialized in chronically short and overhyped rides *with a few noticeable exceptions* over the past decade. Curious if anything reported would rival ROTR in terms of ambition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom