News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

EricsBiscuit

I imagine it will need to close at some point but it will hopefully be a relatively quick closure. It’ll take longer if they make RoA smaller. How long did DL’s close?
A couple years unfortunately, IIRC. Hopefully they keep RoA the same size. It would be awful to lose the WDWRR for a while. If they keep the expansion on the outside of the tracks then hopefully they won’t need to do much. They will need to build a drawbridge across the canal connecting RoA to SSL.

castlecake2.0

Hotel north of Grand Floridian and very large area land north of that and west of Splash is my current expectation. Potential to move further north with additional resorts and to complete the loop later.
Makes me think of this previous land purchase and what they’re long term plan is in this area

DisneyDodo

It would be very bad for park navigation for them to leave RoA as-is. BTMR is already an inconvenient dead-end. Adding a huge expansion past that without connecting it to Fantasyland or Liberty Square would be a navigational nightmare. And adding a long trek past HM to the new expansion, with nothing to do on the way, wouldn’t be ideal either.

Splashin' Ryan

Captain Barbossa

Do yall know what the impact on the WDWRR will be?

My question too. We just put up with multiple years of it being closed for Tron.
Everything that I’ve heard and seen up to this point since blue sky was announced was either no closure or brief closure, but I’m very much taking those two with a grain of salt.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It would be very bad for park navigation for them to leave RoA as-is. BTMR is already an inconvenient dead-end. Adding a huge expansion past that without connecting it to Fantasyland or Liberty Square would be a navigational nightmare. And adding a long trek past HM to the new expansion, with nothing to do on the way, wouldn’t be ideal either.

They could do a lot of stuff if they were to....as much as I hate to say it....shorten the path of the riverboat and add bridges across to Tom Sawyer's Island past where the path of the riverboat would go

ToTBellHop

Everything that I’ve heard and seen up to this point since blue sky was announced was either no closure or brief closure, but I’m very much taking those two with a grain of salt.
The only things that would necessitate closure would be a RoA re-route or an eastern connection from the expansion to the rest of the park. There really should be a connection to the expansion in addition to the path by Splash that could easily go in.

Tha Realest

In terms of villains land, go big concept. Have a version of a Fantasyland with some subtextual traces of malevolence, but not outwardly scary. Come dusk, a lightning package kicks in (a la Radiator Springs) slightly transforms the land into something more sinister.

The night parties and/or desert packages for the transformation pays for itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom