News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

pdude81

Is there anything to the note posted above about TSI going away? I'm on a trip right now and my son will kill me if we miss it and it's closed when we are back in late August.

DCBaker

Premium Member
A little more information via Robert Niles from the media event at Walt Disney Imagineering.

"Iger said that Disney will be filing permits, presumably with the Southwest Florida Water Management District, for construction preparation on a site west of Frontierland. A graphic shown by Iger showed a work area that spans both the waterway connecting the Rivers of America with the Seven Seas Lagoon as well as Floridian Place, north of Maple Road."

doctornick

A little more information via Robert Niles from the media event at Walt Disney Imagineering.

"Iger said that Disney will be filing permits, presumably with the Southwest Florida Water Management District, for construction preparation on a site west of Frontierland. A graphic shown by Iger showed a work area that spans both the waterway connecting the Rivers of America with the Seven Seas Lagoon as well as Floridian Place, north of Maple Road."

West of Frontierland? The area abve the RoA is more north, so now I'm wondering exactly how this is expected to work.

doctornick

Quick thought: if they are doing work west of the current Frontierland, I wonder if they might replace the current parade storage area and use that for guest stuff (a proper New Orleans Square?) and then store and start parades more west than now?

Surferboy567

So…we still think it’s villains land?

peng

So…we still think it’s villains land?
Still think its villains land, no clue what the others are. They would be dumb not to move on it, especially as the dark universe announcement was the one from the initial reveal that people who are outside of the theme park sphere were talking about (though mostly as the dark universe movie franchise was a punchline in filmtwitter and similar communities) and the villains are still big merch movers.

Also I'm surprised Disney is moving on multiple large scale projects at once after years of next to nothing in the pipeline. Hope construction is much faster than the Epcot redo.

Surferboy567

Still think its villains land, no clue what the others are. They would be dumb not to move on it, especially as the dark universe announcement was the one from the initial reveal that people who are outside of the theme park sphere were talking about (though mostly as the dark universe movie franchise was a punchline in filmtwitter and similar communities) and the villains are still big merch movers.

Also I'm surprised Disney is moving on multiple large scale projects at once after years of next to nothing in the pipeline. Hope construction is much faster than the Epcot redo.
They should really lean in to this “dark kingdom” idea. I think it could be super cool and be a draw for some older folk. Please make Maleficent’s castle, bald mountain, or maybe even the elephant graveyard. There is so much interesting visuals they could pull from. They don’t even have to make it “scary“ (not a fan of horror).

The EPCOT redo isn’t even done not with the rumors of test track possibly closing.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh, hai, Cherny!

1712243815925.png

PREMiERdrum

Worth noting that the permit area as outlined is for water management, not necessarily active construction.

With that said, I can't see them wanting to relocate all the parade barn, shop, and Imagination Campus facilities - and potentially the canal itself - for what's being proposed.

I do expect action here - and further south - but not exactly the way it's been presented.

RSoxNo1

West of Frontierland? The area abve the RoA is more north, so now I'm wondering exactly how this is expected to work.

Quick thought: if they are doing work west of the current Frontierland, I wonder if they might replace the current parade storage area and use that for guest stuff (a proper New Orleans Square?) and then store and start parades more west than now?
I would guess moving waterways. They had a similar amount of work ahead of Cosmic Rewind.

Rosso11

Not saying it’s directly tied to this permit since I haven’t seen it yet but there has been strong rumors in the past of Disney building another hotel between the Grand Floridian and MK. So some of this water management might encompass both projects if it’s that large and they decided to move forward with that as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom