News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

Magenta Panther

A little more information via Robert Niles from the media event at Walt Disney Imagineering.

"Iger said that Disney will be filing permits, presumably with the Southwest Florida Water Management District, for construction preparation on a site west of Frontierland. A graphic shown by Iger showed a work area that spans both the waterway connecting the Rivers of America with the Seven Seas Lagoon as well as Floridian Place, north of Maple Road."

All of which will open in, say, 20 years from now...

Surferboy567

Exactly. There is a lot of work required to make the land usable for park expansion, so I presume it will be awhile before we get concrete details on attractions. DAK will be a focus at D23 this yea since that work begins soon.
I wouldn’t be surprised though to see more concrete details in beyond. A one two punch would be great for them and press. Maybe it doesn’t have to be exact details on attractions but something I think may come.

doctornick

Not saying it’s directly tied to this permit since I haven’t seen it yet but there has been strong rumors in the past of Disney building another hotel between the Grand Floridian and MK. So some of this water management might encompass both projects if it’s that large and they decided to move forward with that as well.

If they ever did put a resort in that plot, it would be interesting to see if they try to connect it to MK directly with it's own entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom