News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

fgmnt

Exactly. There is a lot of work required to make the land usable for park expansion, so I presume it will be awhile before we get concrete details on attractions. DAK will be a focus at D23 this yea since that work begins soon.
I would say close to zero percent chance that area is accessible to park guests before Holiday season 2029.

doctornick

Got it. Yea, I suggested that this would be a possibility, but my concern is that the right arrow represents a long empty pathway. It wouldn’t be the end of the world, but it wouldn’t be great either because it still means getting to that new land is kind of a pain from the right side of the park.

Well, once you get past HM, there's no reason there can't be "stuff" along the around I drew right north of the HM showbuilding. Heck, they can and probably would put some shops or dining, etc. along the path as it walks along the HM showbuilding - the land is definitely wide enough there to do more than "just" a path.

Brer Panther

I think you can tell an interesting all ages story that teams up a significant amount of villains from the Renaissance/adjacent roster. Jafar, Hades, Ursula, and Yzma would all play very well off each other: supernaturally powerful villains brought to life by real scenery chewing performances.
Wouldn't it be redundant to have Ursula in the attraction when she's already featured in an attraction in the park?

ToTBellHop

I would say close to zero percent chance that area is accessible to park guests before Holiday season 2029.
The MK expansion? For the most part, that’s likely accurate although they could open a walkway north of RoA early if they want. They did so at DAK while still building EE. It would be nice to be able to walk past a mountain under construction again. Been awhile.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Something I just thought of. Thinking about Villains Land and all the potential.. Obviously the night time aspect of this land would be amazing. Since most of the nighttime fireworks come from way behind Cinderella Castle and can be seen from all over MK: Imagine they play with that in Villains Land.
Hear me out:
There's going to be a focal point of this land, I'm guessing? Like Maleficent's castle or something like that. What if in this Villains land they have that focal point located in a spot that behind it the normal MK fireworks could be seen behind it, and it has a similar holding ground for people to stand, like they do in front of Cinderella Castle and you can see the same fireworks behind this Villains Land castle, but... this is where huge wishful thinking comes in... they have different audio and music synced with the fireworks inside Villains Land.
So basically it would be two firework shows, but using the same actual fireworks.
You go in front of Cinderella Castle for "Happily Ever After" (or whatever it is at the time this opens)
And if you want you go in front of the Villains Land "castle" to see a different show (but, again, using the same fireworks)

They can have two times for the firework show, like they used to have, and people visiting for a day could technically watch the fireworks from both locations.

Phicinfan

OK, have to ask. At one time I thought there was a rumor or plan to dock the boat and basically eliminate TSI and the RoA.

Could this still be part of all of this? To expand more for the new items?

Also, I get the plan was as pictured earlier, which is mostly north of BMTRR. But as they are also working west, could there be some other expansion over there?

fgmnt

The MK expansion? For the most part, that’s likely accurate although they could open a walkway north of RoA early if they want. They did so at DAK while still building EE. It would be nice to be able to walk past a mountain under construction again. Been awhile.
This confirmation makes me think they are ready to execute at least half a plan, I guess we will find out later this year exactly what they are thinking. In my mind 2 years, I had imagined them building the Frontierland expansion half and the Villains half as two separate creative projects that shared some infrastructure work. Maybe the Frontierland expansion opens in 2029-2030 and an empty loop gets filled in over the next 2-3 years after that?

UNCgolf

A secondary entrance seems almost mandatory at this point to handled the increased park capacity. That and/or upgrading the MS bypass into a constant onstage area with stronger theming.

Main Street, as is, can’t handle much more. Even Disneyland has a secondary access with the monorail station.

The big question in my mind is how they’d direct more than one or two resort’s worth of guests to a secondary entrance. There’s a lot of different ways to attack it, but each has their own drawbacks.

They could send all buses to the secondary entrance, or even just buses from some subset of resorts. That would be an easy way to ensure thousands of guests were using it instead of the main entrance.

On the other hand, I think a lot of people would be upset to be shunted to a secondary entrance instead of going through the main gate to Main Street and the castle.

fgmnt

Should probably add to this discussion the option to expand the entirety of the park west. Not just Frontierland. Expansion to Adventureland could come sooner thanks to a well-developed boat ride project that DAK won’t be using.
That could conceivably open as soon as 2027 if it works on the existing expansion pad, right?

truecoat

That could conceivably open as soon as 2027 if it works on the existing expansion pad, right?

High Hopes Laughing GIF by Godfather of Harlem

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom