Best / Worst food you've had at World Showcase

TheAmazingBobbo

I had some Mexican food (tacos I believe) from the old cantina my first time there that weren't bad, but last time I had my first-ever sitdown meal in Italy, and the Lasagna I had was absolutely incredible. I think I ate about half of it before I was so full I was like slouching over the table ready to sleep.

BrerPete

Pretzel breadsticks at Le Cellier rock.

Pretzel with icing in Norway (don't remember what its called but thats what is was) lame

wolf359

San Angel Inn is on my "must do" list for every trip. I've enjoyed every meal I've had there. Restaurant Marrakesh is another I've enjoyed quite a bit.

I'm trying to remember any particularly bad meals in World Showcase and I'm not coming up with much. The Chinese food at the Lotus Blossom was underwhelming, and I'm always disappointed that the Liberty Inn only serves hamburgers and fries, but that's more about philosophy than actual quality so I guess it doesn't count...

Chrononymous

Chinese entrees at Lotus Blossom in China were not great. They weren't really horrible...they just weren't memorable in any way.

My favorite food in WS are the little chicken sate skewers from the outdoor stand in Japan.

Little Princess

We're going to WDW in June and my dad is about to book us for the San Angel Inn (Not somewhere I was looking forward to going to). Is there a reason why it's not recommended here?

GoofyRacer11

For the best food I would have to go with Biergarten in Germany for Table service. Counter service, my pick would be Sunshine seasons. The Boulangerie Patisserie in France is amazing as well.

Nikki M

Best, Le Cellier. Worst was the table service in Italy. I don't remember the name. The lasagna tasted like Chef Boyardee... Yuck!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
The worst was San Angel Inn. Worst food poisoning of my life.

The best is a tie between lunch at Le Cellier and a huge feast at Marrakesh.

RAZORBRAD

cant say i have had any bad for at the showcase, but i was disappointed with le cellier. Wasnt bad food by no means, bt its been so pumped up i guess i was expecting more. Ive always enjoyed san angels, morroco and the biergarten, but i guess my favorite meal was in France, the down stairs restaurant although i cant recall the name

BrerPete

Electric Umbrella was the worst counter service ever. Couldn't get in anywhere so went there at like 7:00PM. Bacon Double Cheesburger. Dry and nasty. Fries nasty.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I won't ever eat at San Angel Inn again. It's a combination of the atmosphere [it's so dark I can't see my food] and the food being less palatable to me. I have eaten Mexican in Mexico and at various Mexican or Tex-Mex places without issue, but I've never had a meal at San Angel Inn I liked. :shrug:

To be honest, it might just be not being able to see my food that puts me off, I'm not sure.

armyfamilyof5

Best for us was Le Cellier, we also loved Akersus for breakfast. Worse was some chicken thigh dish at Yakatori, none of the 5 of us ate more than one bite, DH said it was worse than any MRE he's ever had to eat:lol:.

WDW1974

Best: Bistro de Paris (one of WDW's best locations period);
Worst: Tie between the godawful crap at Starg... I mean Electric Umbrella and Yakitori House since they went to chicken thigh and mystery meat crap about five years ago (used to be great place).

geebee721

Sept. 2009, ate at restaurant marrakesh and it was terrible. Dessert was good, but our entrees were not fresh at all, the meats were very dried out...ended up getting sick that night :mad: best was definitely le cellier...i wish i could have some pretzel bread right now!!

friend&relation

We're going to WDW in June and my dad is about to book us for the San Angel Inn (Not somewhere I was looking forward to going to). Is there a reason why it's not recommended here?

We are due a visit in October and a meal here was on our "to do list" too. It looked such a fantastic place!
Is this just a matter of taste or is the food genuinly a bit iffy?
In which case, surely with so many bad reviews, Disney would have remedied the problems!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom