Best ride they got rid of?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
My favorite --
foodrocks_entrance2002cb.jpg

My least favorite --
journey-into-narnia.jpg

Adam Snider

Original Poster
Maelstrom and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

The original Journey Into Imagination.

Remember when rides and shows were the focus of Disney? Now it seems to be restaurants, shops, and meet and greets...
Cause that is what brings in the money, i do not like it but its true. Money driven society

mimitchi33

I never grew up with it, but I'd say the original Journey into Imagination. I loved reading about it as a kid and thought it was amazing (I have Asperger's and often have periods where I'm obsessed with particular topics. This one stayed with me until I turned ten and discovered Pokémon.) I'm fine with the current version since it's the one I've always known since I was three, but thank goodness it's not in the state it was in in 1999 (I had to sit through that while supervising a little girl who was watching Disney ride videos on her iPad while supervising kids at a community play. Thank goodness the next video was The Little Mermaid ride!) My parents still sing the original song to this day when it's brought up, and they love telling me how great it was in person. If only time travel was real or they brought it back...

Thessair

I'm with Future World. I loved Horizons, World of Motion, the original Journey (ride and upstairs), the Living Seas, and the Cronkite SSE, not to mention Kitchen Kabaret. Heck, I even miss the old plexiglass sculpture that used to sit in front of SSE. Now I'm depressed. :(

Figments Friend

Good to see the choices I would have listed.

#1 in my mind is most certainly the Original 'Journey Into Imagination'
No real justified reason why that was closed and completely gutted to bare walls.
It was a wonderfully engineneered storytelling marvel that truly inspired on so many levels and was absolutely timeless.
Just needed a few operational updates ( film projectors to digital, sound systems, etc. ) and it could still be revelant and popular with Guests today.
There was no need to remove it completely.
It was closed under misdirected circumstances and questionable reasons ( budget cutbacks outlined by management at the time, outright sabotage by OPs, etc. ) which makes the tragedy of its removal all the more heartbreaking.

Next would be '20,000 Leagues'.
It was a unique experience, and a cool one at that.
Really wish it was still there, but it was also a victim of the rampant cut backs that were being rolled out by the Company in the late 90s.
It also fell prey to inter-Park Ops sabotage to hasten it's removal.

I would also add the early incarnation of 'The Living Seas'.
Much more interesting and thematic pre-Pixar invasion.

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom