Best Places to Eat in Disney World.

disney princess

Original Poster
My family has been to Disney World every year since I was born. I'm now 18. We always eat at amazing restraunts but I'd love to try some new stuff. So what are your favorite places to eat. Breakfast,Lunch or Dinner.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We have a tradition of having the crystal palace for breakfast on our first full day at Disney.

If you're looking for just amazing food - the California Grill is hard to beat, but is very pricey.

CBug88

In the parks:

MK
Liberty Tree Tavern
Tonys

EPCOT
Le Cellier
San Angel Inn
Les Chefs de France

AK
Yak n' Yeti

STUDIOS
50's Prime Time Cafe
Sci-Fi Dine in Theater
Mama Melrose

at the Resorts:

AKL
Jiko

others:

DOWNTOWN DISNEY
Raglan Road
Captain Jack's
Fultons Crab House

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
As there are well over 100 restaurants to choose from...it's not so easy to choose. It partly depends on your personal tastes, price limits and of course what you've already done.

There are some places that offer a unique Disney experience like 50's Prime Time, Sci Fi (prefer for lunch or light dinner), Hoop de do Review, Cinderellas Royal Table, Whispering Canyon, O'Hana....

There are nice upscale restaurants like California Grill, Artist Point, Narcoossee's, Citrico's, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Flying Fish, Jiko, Brown Derby and the height of indulgence, Victoria and Albert's.

Some of our other favorites include Le Cellier, Rose and Crown, Marrakesh, Chef's de France, Boma, Liberty Tree Tavern, Teppan Edo, Raglan Road....

There are also the various character meals, that are more about the experience than the food.

I would look up some of the menu's and get an idea what might interest you.

RussJT

My favorite is Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The menu is different than just about anything else you will be able to get while at Disney. It is buffet style, which gives you the opportunity to try new things, and then get something else if you don't like what you tried. (It also has some regular / less-exotic foods for the pickier member of your group)

It would also give you a chance to see the Animal Kingdom Lodge if you have never been there.

ThinkTink721

My Favorites:

Breakfast:
'Ohana's Best Friends
Cinderella's Royal Table
Tony's Town Square

Lunch (quick service):
Peco Bill's
Electric Umbrella
Pinocchio Village Haus
Toy Story Pizza Planet

Dinner:
Chef Mickey's
The Crystal Palace
'Ohana's
Whispering Canyon
1900 Park Fare
Princess Storybook
Le Cellier
Cape May Cafe'
Garden Grill
Hollywood & Vine

Dinner Shows:
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Mickey's Backyard BBQ

I just got back from WDW today, and we were on the Deluxe Dining Plan, so we essentially ate our way around WDW :p

Our Favorites after a 10 day culinary adventure were:
California Grill (Contemporary): good food, but costly. The flat breads are amazing, as is the sushi. Costly, but worth it if you can get fireworks timed reservations. Also - they will let you back on the observation deck if you eat prior to Wishes. One of the more "family friendly" of the upscale places, this can mean there are some rambunctious youngsters in the restaurant as well.

Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge): The food is as good if not better than California Grill. Much quieter and more intimate, while not seeming overly stuck-up. Excellent wine list for those who imbibe. Wonderfully friendly staff. The Cedar Plank Salmon is amazing. The sea scalops are good as well, if you want something smaller. Portion sizes are huge.

Boatwrights (Port Orleans Riverside): Breakfast is wonderful - the stuffed french toast is excellent, and the regular french toast is made of French Baguettes. Quite good overall.

Crystal Palace (MK): Breakfast is really good. Fun atmosphere with the characters (Pooh). I just go there for the eggs. Also - it's a way to get into the MK before park opening, if you do an early breakfast (starts at 8 am) - which it is great to see Mainstreet completely empty with great views of the castle.

Rose and Crown Pub (Epcot, UK Pavillion): The one place we did a walk up for. My Fiance and I wandered up about 2 and asked for a table for two. They were so wonderful and nice to us. Seated us right away. The food was marvelous, and our waitress was the most hilarious and friendly waitress we had the whole trip. I recommend the Sheppard's Pie.

Sci-Fi Dine-In (DHS): The food has improved greatly since the last time I was there (4 years ago) We ate there this time - it was amazing. The turkey sandwhich was great, and the burger was among the best we've had. Our waiter was great.

Raglan Road (DTD): Tasty food, great atmosphere. Seems a bit more upscale of a pub than Rose and Crown.

Wolfgang Puck Express (DTD): Counter service restaurant, but the food was amazing. We just wandered into it the other night, and had some of the best counter service food of our trip. Pasta, flat breads, and other things. The mac and cheese is excellent - 4 cheeses and wonderfully tasty.

Sorry for the long explanations - but there are some wonderful food places in WDW. I'm the sort of nerd who takes notes on what I eat at places, as well as the service I receive there. So I also have commentary on some of the less than spectacular food or service, if you're interested.

Happy Eating :)

meganw1985

Breakfast:
Crystal Palace (MK) Pooh and friends
Cape May Cafe (BCR) where my son fell in love with Minnie
I'm doing Chef Mickey's for the first time in April and I'm pretty sure it's going to be my new favorite :)

Lunch:
Flame Tree BBQ (AK) great chicken but watch out for those crane birds!
Cosmic Ray's (MK) good, big burgers
Sunshine Seasons (EP) the seared ahi tuna salad was delicious
Toy Story Pizza Planet (HS) salads are good: mainly atmosphere for kids, this is my son's favorite

Dinner:
Le Celllier (EP) the meat is to DIE for
Ohana (Poly) atmosphere is great, food is delicious
Liberty Tree (MK) although the food isn't anything special and I probably won't be returning since there are no characters :(

yankspy

There is one that I always talk about and very few people know about. The Garden Grove Cafe for breakfast at the swan. It has a nice quiet atmosphere during the week and it is very convenient if you are staying at the resorts along the Boardwalk. Oh, and the food is good as well.

New2WDW

A lot of great choices and I agree with many of them. One other that we tried last October was The Plaza Restaurant just off of Main Street at MK across from Casey's. We loved the quaint little restaurant and really enjoyed the food. The deserts are fantastic!

Look up the menus at allears.net

Phonedave

Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge): The food is as good if not better than California Grill. Much quieter and more intimate, while not seeming overly stuck-up. Excellent wine list for those who imbibe. Wonderfully friendly staff. The Cedar Plank Salmon is amazing. The sea scalops are good as well, if you want something smaller. Portion sizes are huge.

Yes to the wine list and yes to the salmon. If you can time it right, AP gets Wild Caught Copper River Salmon when it is in season and they Cedar Plank that. That along with the Smoky Portabello Soup and a good wine. I am happy :)

-dave

Lauriebar

A lot of great choices and I agree with many of them. One other that we tried last October was The Plaza Restaurant just off of Main Street at MK across from Casey's. We loved the quaint little restaurant and really enjoyed the food. The deserts are fantastic!

Look up the menus at allears.net

Absolutely agree! One of the best kept secrets of the MK! We eat there every trip. The views of the castle are great.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
This is tough! There are so many good foodies and the World is so big!! I'll try and remember all my faves!

MK:
Crystal Palace - one of my fave character dining experiences
El Pirate - nice change from burgers and fries
Pinocchio Village Haus

AK:
Yak and Yeti - for lunch

DHS:
Pizza Planet - for lunch
Brown Derby

Epcot:
Rose and Crown
Le Cellier
Sommerest (DH Fave)

Resorts:
1900 Park Fare
Cape May - for Breakfast

I've always wanted to try Yachtsmen and Artist's Point. :slurp:

BuddhasHomeGirl

This is not a full dining thing but I always loved going to the pastry shop in France (Epcot) and sitting outside at one of the sidewalk tables, that is what I ALWAYS looked forward to when going to Epcot. :)

...and their cheesecake is yummy! :slurp:

wvdisneyfamily

I was very picky when creating this list. There are places I like to eat at but am reluctant to call them the best.
Artist Point
Le Cellier
Captain's Grill
Liberty Tree Tavern
Sci-Fi (milkshakes and sundaes)
Coral Reef
Kringla Bakeri og Cafe

Other places I enjoy but do not consider the best include:
1900 Park Fare
Maya Grill
Boatwrights

My husband likes WCC.

WDWMUPPET

Favorites are:
California Grill (best sushi I have ever had)
Sci Fi (agree with the milkshakes post above, but mostly just like the atmosphere)
Flame Tree BBQ (so good)
Biergarten (both atmosphere and good food. I dont mind sitting with new people)

shmmrname

Jiko, Spoodles, Citricos
I've only been to them once, but each one of them were absolutely incredible. I think Jiko is a slight step above the other 2, but they all still rock. Also, I have a couple other favorites, but as far as the TOTAL package of food/atmosphere goes, these just are perfection to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom