News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

The Empress Lilly

That's going to get even worse when the Little Mermaid live action film gets closer to release. But yeah, it hit me how tired I've gotten of them when I heard EPCOT Forever closing with Whole New World. Just...please stop, Disney. We all understand corporate synergy, but there's a line you've stepped over where it feels more like "we're aggressively selling something to you every waking minute you're here", and it's exhausting.
I've had the pleasure of visiting WDW over the Christmas period twice in a row. It was delightful.

However, there is only so much Christmas you need. Each trip, after day two, I just don't need to hear Feliz Navidad for the 450th time anymore.

I have the same feeling about Disney animated classics. I've got sixty blurays and will love them forever. That's not the issue. I love them as much as the next person. It's just that I really don't need to hear Be Our Guest in the DHS BatB stage show, in the big band DHS entrance, in faux French WS background music, in a IdF sing-a-long projection, in a fireworks show, in Philharmagic, in Be Our Guest restaurant, in etc etc etc etc

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

DSC03808-1.jpg

impressions_of_france.png

How timeless...

Figments Friend

'Impressions de France' is timeless art.
The film is a stunning moving expression, and can be appreciated by Guests who are open to new experiences.
This is what EPCOT is supposed to bring to the table.

'Singalong' stage shows with familiar characters are casual 'filler' for the masses.
Entertaining they can be, yes, but going for the easiest common denominator.
This is something better suited for the Hollywood Studios or Magic Kingdom setting.

Personal view, your mileage may vary.

-

aladdin2007

When they see the difference of guests seeing Impressions Vs. The sing-a-long. That's when you'll know...

I feel the same sadly, its probably only continuing to prevent major outcry. Then once they feel this other is so popular (turning the pavilion into another stroller pavilion) it will quietly just go away and they can preach the other is "too popular" excuse. But I hope there are those on the inside who fight to keep it, probably the only other reason its returning for now.

michmousefan

I'll wait on final judgement to see what the projected image looks like, but the new monitor/sign looks too big. Perhaps it's the harsh corners and frame. Too bad they couldn't have taken the time to make the video an inset that would have fit within the boundaries of the old sign.

This new one has all the charm of a "trophy TV" mounted above the fireplace in a gaudy McMansion.

aladdin2007

I'll wait on final judgement to see what the projected image looks like, but the new monitor/sign looks too big. Perhaps it's the harsh corners and frame. Too bad they couldn't have taken the time to make the video an inset that would have fit within the boundaries of the old sign.

This new one has all the charm of a "trophy TV" mounted above the fireplace in a gaudy McMansion.

I agree, I hope however the projected images are in style of the original in terms of font etc, at least for Impressions and not look like this:
1578702463146.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom