News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

fradz

Well that probably clears up the announcement @marni1971 said would split the fans!

But I fear it means the end of IDF :cry::cry::cry:
And coming soon to the France pavilion at World Showcase: In addition to “Impressions de France,” : a brand new “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along created by Don Hahn, producer of the animated and live-action “Beauty and the Beast” films, is set to debut.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ebration/?CMP=SOC-DPFY19Q1wo1115181121180028C

Should be fine :)

nickys

Premium Member
I didn’t expect this to be announced.

If it goes to plan it should co exist with the movie. How, I don’t know. But this was the lesser of the two evils.

Okaaaaay, I guess.

Honestly I have no idea how to respond, seriously!

Glad that IDF should stay.
Horrified at the prospect of that kind of IP in Epcot.
I can only hope the worse option was to kill IDF because I shudder to think what other horrors they considered.
And still hoping for Poppins and/or Brazil.

Kman101

I feel like this is April Fools.

Sigh.

I mean, the Frozen Sing-Along is fun because of the historians, but really? I guess if the movie sticks around somehow but my gut reaction is "ugh".

But "more family friendly" ... Bob probably finds the movies in the countries boring and remember everyone, "it's not a museum"

Sigh again.

Kman101

I have to imagine the one at Studios is being eyed to be replaced SOMETIME soon...

Let's hope! I mean, I'd prefer VOM go down first but three different show-type attractions for BATB? I know in and of itself BATB is timeless, but aren't they about a year too late on this sing-along thing? How about instead of a sing-along they do a comedic re-telling like they do in the Royal Theater at Disneyland? But nope, gotta have a sing-along for the kiddos!

fngoofy

Okaaaaay, I guess.

Honestly I have no idea how to respond, seriously!

Glad that IDF should stay.
Horrified at the prospect of that kind of IP in Epcot.
I can only hope the worse option was to kill IDF because I shudder to think what other horrors they considered.
And still hoping for Poppins and/or Brazil.

I don't get the horror of it.
BatB is set in France. She has done MnGs there for at least 15 yrs.

Let's not forget that there was a day when there was no Disney IP in EPCOT, and people were not fans.
That's how we got the fab5 in rainbow bedecked jacketed potato outfits.

Big picture, we have Coco stuff in Mexico, Mulan in China, Remy & Belle in France, Mary Poppins in UK, Aladdin & Jasmin in Morocco.
Not to mention Mexico Donald, Future World meet n greets, and Star Lord and friends.

TangledUpInKnots

I love beauty and the best, it's one of my favorites, but now it's just starting to feel like the new toy story/frozen, shoehorned into everything. I hope VOLM and the Belle stage show aren't long for the World. I wouldn't be sad if one of those became a Rapunzel show. Or literally anything else.

Kman101

I don't get the horror of it.
BatB is set in France. She has done MnGs there for at least 15 yrs.

Let's not forget that there was a day when there was no Disney IP in EPCOT, and people were not fans.
That's how we got the fab5 in rainbow bedecked jacketed potato outfits.

Big picture, we have Coco stuff in Mexico, Mulan in China, Remy & Belle in France, Mary Poppins in UK, Aladdin & Jasmin in Morocco.
Not to mention Mexico Donald, Future World meet n greets, and Star Lord and friends.

While all true points, I personally think they can do better than a sing-along, but that's JMO.

For me, I just never pictured a sing-along. I have no issues with a m&g. I objected to a BATB ride in France because Rat was slightly better suited and I think anything BATB should, you know, go in it's land at the MK. But it's not the absolute worst I suppose. It's just also ... lackluster. A sing-along? Really?

But the movie is staying and it's just going to be at different times. I'll live.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom