News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

Prototype82

i am surprised (and disappointed) the hours for impressions are so short. But it makes sense the main focus is the new thing.
That's a reasonable point. I would imagine more showings of a "French" film will happen if the long-time rumored replacement finally comes to fruition.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Operating schedule for Impressions de France and Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along
If the sing-along uses equity cast members (which the Frozen sing-along does, I think), this means that Disney is choosing the more expensive attraction for the main part of the day (although I suppose it could run less often some days) -- at least we can't accuse them of cost-cutting.

MrConbon

If the sing-along uses equity cast members (which the Frozen sing-along does, I think), this means that Disney is choosing the more expensive attraction for the main part of the day (although I suppose it could run less often some days) -- at least we can't accuse them of cost-cutting.
Are there actual cast members in this show? From my understanding it was just clips of the live action film with lyrics on the screen.

Prototype82

I’m still trying to understand why we have a third BATB show on property, especially something as boring as a singalong.
Oversaturation is an understatement. And considering New Fantasyland does such an amazing job of immersing you into that world, cramming it everywhere undermines how special its presense in MK is. I get it, it's a timelessly popular IP, but 3 shows is more-than-extra.

tirian

Oversaturation is an understatement. And considering New Fantasyland does such an amazing job of immersing you into that world, it undermines how special its presense there is. I get it, it's a timelessly popular IP, but 3 shows is more-than-extra.
One day it’ll be featured on a new Imagineering episode as a golden example of “leveraging IPs to utilize their cross-demographic attractiveness, scope, and popularity in new and exciting experiences.” ;) :D

Tavernacle12

I mean, it likely cost more to bulldoze most of Future World than reuse the existing structures, but that doesn't make it better.

lazyboy97o

One day it’ll be featured on a new Imagineering episode as a golden example of “leveraging IPs to utilize their cross-demographic attractiveness, scope, and popularity in new and exciting experiences.” ;) :D
In my best Angela Bassett impression:
“Then one day, Bob challenged the Imagineers with a creative directive unprecedented in their decades long history, “What if we take a property that has been a show for nearly 30 years and add it to the park next door?’ It was an exciting opportunity that allowed the Imagineers to dream in ways they had already done several times before.”

The Empress Lilly

I'll wait on final judgement to see what the projected image looks like, but the new monitor/sign looks too big. Perhaps it's the harsh corners and frame. Too bad they couldn't have taken the time to make the video an inset that would have fit within the boundaries of the old sign.

This new one has all the charm of a "trophy TV" mounted above the fireplace in a gaudy McMansion.
- Great idea, one that crosses my mind too.

A screen mounted in a wall can have any shape frame mounted in front. This was not possible here. So the choice here was between charm and authenticity of a sign, or the ease and functionality of an obvious screen. Modern WDW tends to pick the latter.

- The screen frame looks generic. The poster drame looks in theme and authentic. A Belle Epoque marquee on a Neoclassical façade to be sure, but even that is fine.

- Did anybody notice the lamps? I dare say the - shock - new ones look better. I don't know when either style was installed. Anybody?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom