Beastly Kingdom may come back to Animal Kingdom!

Shaman

TiggerRPh said:
Well....it's sure not a bonus to me...and it's not drawing me to the park. I'm not even sure we'll see the show when we go in June. LMA doesn't excite me at all.

I feel the same way...I've seen it twice, and really don't plan on seeing again, unless they makes any changes or I have nothing else to do...

I'm sure there are folks out there that enjoy it though...but The Studios just needs more...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Ghostbuster626 said:
I dont even understand why LMA keeps being thrown around like its a major attraction. Its more of a bonus like..while your at MGM enjoy the stunt show. Its not something you actually go to the parks for.

Actually, I think if you were to study this you would find this (draw of LMA) to be a generational thing. I think its OK (36 years old), but my father and father in law (both a tad over 60) love it. Cars were really big when they were growing up and they love movies with car chases. I think they could watch this show 4 times a day when visiting the Studios. Personally, I think the shows OK, but wish some of the down time could be eliminated.

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
what the heck was residential street?
Interesting.

You seem to have this need to be 'all knowing about the future of the parks', you continually bash the parks, and you do nothing but rip on Eisner and his supposed failures. Yet, you don't know about the one of the original attractions of Disney/MGM studios. :veryconfu

peter11435

wannab@dis said:
Interesting.

You seem to have this need to be 'all knowing about the future of the parks', you continually bash the parks, and you do nothing but rip on Eisner and his supposed failures. Yet, you don't know about the one of the original attractions of Disney/MGM studios. :veryconfu
Funny isn't it.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerRPh
Well....it's sure not a bonus to me...and it's not drawing me to the park. I'm not even sure we'll see the show when we go in June. LMA doesn't excite me at all.

objr said:
I feel the same way...I've seen it twice, and really don't plan on seeing again, unless they makes any changes or I have nothing else to do...

I'm sure there are folks out there that enjoy it though...but The Studios just needs more...

When I look at things in the park that I am not interested in, I try to step back and look at the interest by others. Whenever I have been at MGM, peak or off, the stands are pretty full. So the interest is still there.

Shaman

ClemsonTigger said:
When I look at things in the park that I am not interested in, I try to step back and look at the interest by others. Whenever I have been at MGM, peak or off, the stands are pretty full. So the interest is still there.

Besides I'm sure Disney did its research before building the attraction...It must've shown that their was a favorable environment for the existance of LMA at the Studios.

Don't get me wrong, the show's stunts are awesome...but after two times, it just doesn't seem to interest me...then again, I'm really not a show person. It should be interesting to see what the crowds look like a couple of years from now when LMA is not as new.

AndyP

objr said:
Besides I'm sure Disney did its research before building the attraction...It must've shown that their was a favorable environment for the existance of LMA at the Studios.

Don't get me wrong, the show's stunts are awesome...but after two times, it just doesn't seem to interest me...then again, I'm really not a show person. It should be interesting to see what the crowds look like a couple of years from now when LMA is not as new.

Well since it came from Paris, I don't think they would have cloned it if they didn't think it was going to be sustainable imo. Plus, it is just another type of stunt show like Indy, and that has been open for years, and still packs them in when we go. I saw LMA in Paris and thought it was great so I'll definetely be watching at MGM this summer.

Shaman

AndyP said:
Well since it came from Paris, I don't think they would have cloned it if they didn't think it was going to be sustainable imo. Plus, it is just another type of stunt show like Indy, and that has been open for years, and still packs them in when we go. I saw LMA in Paris and thought it was great so I'll definetely be watching at MGM this summer.

What do the crowds at the Paris version look like? I mean because, The Studios "theater" is huge and takes up quite a bit of space.

GothMickey

objr said:

Let us not forget, if crowds dip a bit, Disney will revamp the show with new elements and stunts to keep packing them it... Indy may be able to pack them in on name alone. Plus, it is a decent show. LMA is a decent show too...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
objr said:

me too. well, also, shows usually make me super nervous in fear of a plane crash (air show) or other. i know that is part of the thrill of a stunt show, but it isnt really my cup of tea. but ill see it once to say i did.

RSoxNo1

LMA only runs two shows a day, so even though the theater holds 10k people, it will be at or close to capacity for every show. If they were to add a third show, I doubt all three would fill up.

peter11435

RSoxNo1 said:
LMA only runs two shows a day, so even though the theater holds 10k people, it will be at or close to capacity for every show. If they were to add a third show, I doubt all three would fill up.
Actually they do run three shows a day. And the theater only holds 5K not 10K.

AndyP

AndyP said:

Well I would say the place was 2/3 full for the early morning show and this was 3rd July last year, and peak season doesn't start at Paris til ~15th July. Ofcourse this is presuming the theaters are the same size, but the area was packed later in the day and I think there were 3 shows running that day, so if WDW can sustain similar levels, it wouldn't be too bad tbh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom