Beastly Kingdom may come back to Animal Kingdom!

Interruption?

Pongo said:
I don't mean to jump on you, but you're basing your entire view of Disney leadership on one ride at MGM? That's why you're so negative about everything? Well at least you admit it. IMO, I think there are other rides that should be updated or changed that are much older than Star Tours.
And certainly more POPULAR ones.

Interruption?

Ghostbuster626 said:
Then my friend you are uninformed. How can you miss the headlines that Lucas is developing no less than TWO television series based on the Star Wars franchise and Indiana Jones 4 is moving foward.
Those aren't headlines. Those are pieces of news that you would have to do some searching for, and as such, only someone who was really interested in Star Wars would probably know.

Tim G

Ghostbuster626 said:
You doubt that ive been longing for an update to Star Tours?? Ive said this before and i'll say it again once Disney and Lucas update Star Tours I will be satisfied with Disney leadership and you will not here a complaint or negative comment out of me again.
And you're expertise comes free...

ballewclan

Interruption? said:
Lol. Well, Iunno. How extensive was the rehab of Space Mountain in Disneyland California?

I'm not sure, from what I've read they've made it darker, added a few asteriods hanging in and around the track and better projections.

Wait, did they also do a complete track redo? I dont know if that consists of maintenence or a complete rehab but I don't think it would change the ride much.

Mr.EPCOT

They completely replaced the track. It's still the same track layout, but it is brand new track, and from a couple of first-hand accounts I've heard, is incredibly smooth. They did, however, add all kinds of new special effects on the chainlift, and the tunnel thing at the end. The entire queue, while still the same layout, was completely redesigned, too. Additionally, there is a new dual loading system they can use for loading disabled Guests and such. It's a seperate little track that moves to the side to load.

ballewclan

ImagineerMMC said:
They completely replaced the track. It's still the same track layout, but it is brand new track, and from a couple of first-hand accounts I've heard, is incredibly smooth. They did, however, add all kinds of new special effects on the chainlift, and the tunnel thing at the end. The entire queue, while still the same layout, was completely redesigned, too. Additionally, there is a new dual loading system they can use for loading disabled Guests and such. It's a seperate little track that moves to the side to load.

That sounds great, i would love to be able to ride SM without hearing the clanking of the ride and only hearing the rides noices...c'mon wdw's space mountain!

Interruption? said:
Lol. Well, Iunno. How extensive was the rehab of Space Mountain in Disneyland California?

The rehab was pretty extensive for Space Mountain. First of all they trashed the old track and old ride vechiles and built a new track and new vechiles with built in audio systems. They then removed all the campy stuff in the ride like the chocolate chip cookie and Space TV and redid the queue to look more like a Space Station and tie it in to the rest of Tomorrowland. For the ride they added this cool show scene as your going up the lift hill and they made the building so dark you cant see the track anymore. They also gave it a theme song.

In addition, they also added a feature called "RockIt Mountain" where at night the ride is a completly different experince with different special effects (including a giant asteroid flying towards the vechicle and varions lighting effects) as well as a different soundtrack.

Oh dang Imagineer MMC beat me to it :) .

Pongo

Ghostbuster626 said:
The rehab was pretty extensive for Space Mountain. First of all they trashed the old track and old ride vechiles and built a new track and new vechiles with built in audio systems.

The cars already had the sound system built into them before the refurb. The new cars with the sound system weren't working with the old track, which was one of the main reasons they decided to rebuild it :wave:

yensidtlaw1969

Pongo said:
The cars already had the sound system built into them before the refurb. The new cars with the sound system weren't working with the old track, which was one of the main reasons they decided to rebuild it :wave:
Along with the fact that the track was in such horrible disrepair that if cars ran on it much longer people would have gotten hurt. Badly.

Yensid "I love the DL Daytime track" tlaw1969

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That was my understanding as well, that if Space Mountain continued to operate any longer than it did, people were going to get hurt. Which in and of itself scares the bejeebers out of me - why did it continue to operate as long as it did?

TLandGuy

Empress Room said:
Well, Master, if you insist on going there...I know it's not Thursday, but today's Screamscape also included the following:

"???? - Indiana Jones Attraction - Rumor - (3/7/06) Screamscape sources tell us that the park still wants to eventually add an Indy themed ride to the park, but give the huge capacity that Indy handles on a daily basis, taking the show down right now would just cause massive crowding problems throughout the park. However the park knows that the stunt show just has to be retired sooner or later, so the overall plan is to open a series of new attractions (Star Tours 2, an unknown new E-ticket ride and perhaps a new show) first before they attempt to create an Indy ride. Now here is the really good part. Apparently since there is no need to rehash old ride concepts all over again given how old the California ride is (1995), Imagineering is said to be working on a new hybrid design that will take popular elements from the California, Tokyo and Paris attractions to come up with an all new ride experience. I can’t wait to hear more about this one."

Beastly Kingdom AND the Indy ride, all on the same day! Thoughts on this one?
This rumor is actually very creditable at least about a new Indy ride, but that is all I can say at this time.

TLandGuy

Lee said:
No comparison.
The cost of running the Indy ride is several times that of the other rides you listed.
You have to build it (costly) then maintain it (almost as costly). There is a good argument against having two emv rides at the resort just due to the cost factor alone.
Don't forget maintenance aside it also takes about five times as many cast to run a ride system like Indy. Circle vision shows like the Timekeeper attraction could take 4 to 5. Running Indy takes more than 20

TLandGuy said:
This rumor is actually very creditable at least about a new Indy ride, but that is all I can say at this time.

I believe you. There was never a question in my mind that an Indy ride would come to florida in some form. All that was needed was a regime change to one that is willing to invest more money in current parks rather then building China Disneyland or some other futile venture.

TLandGuy

Ghostbuster626 said:
I believe you. There was never a question in my mind that an Indy ride would come to florida in some form. All that was needed was a regime change to one that is willing to invest more money in current parks rather then building China Disneyland or some other futile venture.
Yea its true they need to start focusing on the parks they have. WDW is starting to run into the ground. I give them alot of credit though they are trying... But i don't think they are working fast enough.
Good Examples of improvements and im sure im missing a few
Magic Kingdom
POTC, Buzz, Small World
Epcot
Test Track,Mission Space, Return of the Sea Cabs, Soarin'
Studios
Lights, Motors, Action show
Animal Kingdom
Expedition Everest

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom