Beastly Kingdom Is Back

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know, interesting opinion. I've found both Jim Hill and Screamscape to be much more dependable lately.

How so? I want to know why you find them credible.:wave: Name stories, list links, what have you.

Not insinuating anything, I'm honestly curious, because I use salt liberally with them as , IMHO, of course, they take the info we come by and use it as fact.

EPCOT Explorer

By the way, I've never claimed to be an insider, in fact I have said the opposite. I do enjoy tryng to seperate the wheat/chaff of the rumor mill however and let the chips fall where the may. Enough metaphors for you? :lol:
Yes, too many!:lol:

Right...It's a interesting thing to do, starting threads and seeing if you can instigate the info into being...

Instigating the info...I like that.:lol::rolleyes::lol:

Captain Chaos

We all know jt is the etetnal optimist, and i appreciate his emotions and feelings toward optimism... And I know majority of this board is pessimistic, including myself, when it comes to rumors such as this, but, I want to add a little something to back this up for jt..

On another site I am on, we have been discussing the Fantasyland refurb plans when talk of Beastly Kingdom came up... I mentioned how BK was dead... However, someone who is a confirmed (by the site owner mind you, not just by us on the site) insider did say to me, and this was before screamscape posted it, that BK is not as dead as we may think... He obviously couldn't go into more detail, but, for him to say it isn't dead, then there must be some life support for this AK expansion... Sadly, he couldn't give me more details, even though I asked him in PM...

Sounds like there COULD be a lot of good things in the next few years coming... Maybe the sleeping rat has awoken after all???

JustInTime

Ok, I will FOREVER hold out hope for Beastly Kingdom. I love the idea and the park needs it badly. We brought up a Beastly a few weeks ago in another thread. We had some very interesting talks about Animal Kingdom and how there are plans that could rival Harry Potter. Martin had made a post and then he deleted it because he said to gave away too much info. A few of us know what was said. Lets just say, by the wording (and I am going by the golden word of Martin and my memory) these rumors are not that far off base. Get ready folks! It's going to be a very interestingsummer... :sohappy:

jt04

Original Poster
How so? I want to know why you find them credible.:wave: Name stories, list links, what have you.

Not insinuating anything, I'm honestly curious, because I use salt liberally with them as , IMHO, of course, they take the info we come by and use it as fact.

Once you buy into a point of view you don't easily change it. A lot of people on the boards are like that. But I've been reading their stuff for years and they both have changed. They are serious about being taken seriously. Credibility can be profitable in the age of new media and they both reflect the desire to be taken seriously lately. I noticed the change about a year ago. I think part of it also was the criticism from people on this forum. They have changed but people here have not.

EPCOT Explorer

We all know jt is the etetnal optimist, and i appreciate his emotions and feelings toward optimism... And I know majority of this board is pessimistic, including myself, when it comes to rumors such as this, but, I want to add a little something to back this up for jt..

On another site I am on, we have been discussing the Fantasyland refurb plans when talk of Beastly Kingdom came up... I mentioned how BK was dead... However, someone who is a confirmed (by the site owner mind you, not just by us on the site) insider did say to me, and this was before screamscape posted it, that BK is not as dead as we may think... He obviously couldn't go into more detail, but, for him to say it isn't dead, then there must be some life support for this AK expansion... Sadly, he couldn't give me more details, even though I asked him in PM...

Sounds like there COULD be a lot of good things in the next few years coming... Maybe the sleeping rat has awoken after all???

Like I said, it would not surprise me. There have been plans since DAK opened and even before that when it was planned.

I, as always, respect optimism, but in cases like these, want to see the facts. Knowing how TDO works, I'm just happy that FL is being looked at. If TDO wants to elaborate their plans, in the meantime, wh00t for them. It would be returning to the old way of doing things.

EPCOT Explorer

Once you buy into a point of view you don't easily change it. A lot of people on the boards are like that. But I've been reading their stuff for years and they both have changed. They are serious about being taken seriously. Credibility can be profitable in the age of new media and they both reflect the desire to be taken seriously lately. I noticed the change about a year ago. I think part of it also was the criticism from people on this forum. They have changed but people here have not.
Right, you said that. Do you have any article's though, that SHOW this? Any concrete proof?

Skyway

By sheer coincidence, last night I was flippin through Jason Surrell's book "The Disney Mountains" and was very surprised to see him repeatedly mention the "yet-to-be-built Beastly Kingdom".

I was surprised that a pseudo-official Disney publication would even acknowledge BK. I was even more surprised that he made it sound as if it still a likely possibility, rather than just a rejected idea like Thunder Mesa.

MiklCraw4d

Beastly in area only.

While I've long suspected this and tried to get used to the fact that Beastly was never going to happen, I'm still disappointed. The original conception of the park was so perfectly balanced between those different realms - if we didn't get Beastly as originally planned, I hoped we'd get those mythological creatures in some format. JTCOE would be fun, but it doesn't fit nearly as well into the park's concept.

EPCOT Explorer

By sheer coincidence, last night I was flippin through Jason Surrell's book "The Disney Mountains" and was very surprised to see him repeatedly mention the "yet-to-be-built Beastly Kingdom".

I was surprised that a pseudo-official Disney publication would even acknowledge BK. I was even more surprised that he made it sound as if it still a likely possibility, rather than just a rejected idea like Thunder Mesa.

I hate to say it....but....Semantics? As one that would be hopeful for the BK addition, I would think we would read into something like that a bit, too :eek:

fillerup

I suppose I'm being a bit of a purist where this park is concerned in that I'd much prefer another continent - Australia/North America/South America, take your pick - to the building of an imaginary place, as interesting as BK could be.

I think EE is enough fantasy for AK. Although I don't ride it much, I still enjoy it as eye candy.

On the other hand, I could get behind a BK if it meant that the abominable Dinoland would be razed/bulldozed/firebombed or pulled out by the roots.

WDITrent

Whoa, amazing what can happen at WDW overnight. Well, all I have to say is I'm not believing anything until I hear from Rhonda Kendall. :)

wickedfan07

What happend in Walt Disney World overnight???

I think jt did. :rolleyes:

Personally, I expect to see Fantasyland first, then maybe the whatever-you-want-t--call-it mythical land in AK. A Disney Potter-puncher doesn't have to open at the exact same time as Universal's Wizarding World does, it could easily open later and attract more attention for itself that way. I could see Fantasyland happening soon, then Monsters, Inc. at DHS and then this thing at AK. (Sadly, I haven't heard a peep about Epcot lately. Anything going on there?)

Dinoman96

I suppose I'm being a bit of a purist where this park is concerned in that I'd much prefer another continent - Australia/North America/South America, take your pick - to the building of an imaginary place, as interesting as BK could be.

I think EE is enough fantasy for AK. Although I don't ride it much, I still enjoy it as eye candy.

On the other hand, I could get behind a BK if it meant that the abominable Dinoland would be razed/bulldozed/firebombed or pulled out by the roots.

Hey now, don't be mean to Dinoland itself. Be mean to Dino-Rama, now thats the main problem. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom