Beastly Kingdom Discussion

Mansion Butler

Not one person I have taken to the park over the years has ever thought it was a full park. It's always the same thing when i ask them what they think: "The park needs more stuff to do."
I'm the opposite. Every person I take to that park wants to spend more time there than I do. Originally, that's how I began to realize I was underrating it. Because people forced me to spend more time there than I planned and I started to see what they were seeing and fell in love.

Not that I've ever met anyone opposed to having more to do, of course.

Disco Yeti

I mean Yetis aren't real...or are they?:drevil:

We are if you believe in us.

Of course, if management believed in us, maybe I'd still be able to take a swipe at you.

But I digress.

I'm the opposite. Every person I take to that park wants to spend more time there than I do. Originally, that's how I began to realize I was underrating it. Because people forced me to spend more time there than I planned and I started to see what they were seeing and fell in love.

I might be biased, but I still think AK is the most beautiful and well-themed of all the parks. Even so, I think the amount of time you spend here has a lot to do with your interest in live animals and ambiance. You can spend a ton of time doing the walking trails in Africa, Asia, and Discovery Island, but for all Disney's "Nahtazu" claims, these don't feel much different than what you'd get at a high-quality zoo, plus a little extra theming.

Flights of Wonder is lots of fun, but it's only advertised as a bird show, so many people skip it. Nemo and FotLK are both high-quality shows as well, but if you're waiting for them to start and you've already ridden the park's few rides (or if you've seen all the shows in the past and don't care to see them again), there's not a lot to "do" other than enjoy the ambiance.

Me, I like the ambiance. But if you're not a CM or AP, it can feel awfully expensive to pay for a full day and spend half of it enjoying the plants.

stitch2008

We are if you believe in us.

Of course, if management believed in us, maybe I'd still be able to take a swipe at you.

But I digress.

I might be biased, but I still think AK is the most beautiful and well-themed of all the parks. Even so, I think the amount of time you spend here has a lot to do with your interest in live animals and ambiance. You can spend a ton of time doing the walking trails in Africa, Asia, and Discovery Island, but for all Disney's "Nahtazu" claims, these don't feel much different than what you'd get at a high-quality zoo, plus a little extra theming.

Flights of Wonder is lots of fun, but it's only advertised as a bird show, so many people skip it. Nemo and FotLK are both high-quality shows as well, but if you're waiting for them to start and you've already ridden the park's few rides (or if you've seen all the shows in the past and don't care to see them again), there's not a lot to "do" other than enjoy the ambiance.

Me, I like the ambiance. But if you're not a CM or AP, it can feel awfully expensive to pay for a full day and spend half of it enjoying the plants.

100% right I think. If you love animals its a lot more fun cause you can do the trails and see the animals. I love the Asian jungle trek personally. And the shows at AK are great. But if you are just interested in rides, then of course it's going to be a short day. AK does need an E Ticket really bad though. But I'm sure that one is in development or will be.

Who's for everyone to stop calling AK by it's name but a new name - "4 shows & 5 rides"? Can't believe we are even putting the spinner as a ride. So who wants to go Disney's park "4 shows & 5 rides"?

Am I the only person who thinks AK doesn't need a new E-ticket? What I believe it needs are several C & D level rides. All the rides my family and friends are interested in going on are all relatively thrilling. A "calmer" dark ride or two would be soooooo welcome in that hot (temperature) park.

NoChesterHester

Am I the only person who thinks AK doesn't need a new E-ticket? What I believe it needs are several C & D level rides. All the rides my family and friends are interested in going on are all relatively thrilling. A "calmer" dark ride or two would be soooooo welcome in that hot (temperature) park.

Something to your train of thought. I do agree. AK could use 3-4 C-D ticket attractions to fill up the day.

Everest, Safari, and Dinosaur could be considered the headliners. Kali needs company at that next level of experience.

The prevailing attitude has a lot to do with adding another major attraction to balance out the park's offerings. Hopefully some minor attractions could be added as part of the ride's theming.

I totally agree with a couple of C or D ticket darkrides. My vote would be Jungle Book & Tarzan C ticket darkrides like old school Toad/Snowhite, & Fantasia D ticket pirate/small world type boat ride.

RSoxNo1

I've been saying that for a while. It needs more family friendly rides - sure Kilimanjaro Safaris qualifies as an amazing family friendly attraction, but it really is the only one. 4 other attractions have height requirements, and TriceraTops Spin is an attraction for children.

gamedude

I feel, whenever I go to Animal Kingdom its not as fun as the other parks. I go to Disney World at least twice a year and I usually don't go to Animal Kingdom. I love animals and all, but the whole Beastly Kingdom concept seems like it would be a great addition.

Studios Fan

Animal Kingdom definitely needs something. I think a completely new land with one E and then some smaller family attractions like dark rides would work best.

RSoxNo1

Animal Kingdom definitely needs something. I think a completely new land with one E and then some smaller family attractions like dark rides would work best.

While I think a new land in the Camp Minnie Mickey area is necessary, I also think that the park is too spread out. C/D ticket attractions need to be added throughout the park.

baymenxpac

and this takes us right back to where we started, which is why everyone is so hung up on BK. fantasia gardens would have been your C/D, same goes for quest of the unicorn, with dragon's tower as your E.

also, something i found very interesting in a link posted back on page 2 was the loch ness restaurant. does anyone else think AK desperately needs more eating options in park? besides yak and yeti and pizzafari, it's pretty baren as far as dining options.

MotherOfBirds

I think Tarzan would have to be a coaster of some kind, but a Jungle book dark ride isn't a bad idea. However, I feel like Ak should be full of unique attractions not based on movies (like HM or POTC). JB seems like it should be an addition to AL in MK rather than AK because of its cartoony nature. Though it's more labor intensive for TDO, I think they should create something original.

Studios Fan

While I think a new land in the Camp Minnie Mickey area is necessary, I also think that the park is too spread out. C/D ticket attractions need to be added throughout the park.

I see your point on that as well. It has a different sort of problem than DHS has. They are both lacking in attractions but because DHS is so much smaller and compact it is not as noticeable because you can walk from one end of the park to the other much quicker than you can at DAK. I could go for a classic Jungle Book dark ride over in Africa / Asia somewhere. :) DAK is like Epcot in size without all of the attractions. :lol:

Checking out the latest concept art for Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disneyland shows dragons and all other type of unique mythical creatures. After this is created for Hong Kong - I could see this attraction as a strong contender to be added to AK. The trackless family fun vehicles alone would be a great choice with many of the other AK attractions having height restrictions. Mystic Manor in my opinion is the most interesting attraction the Imagineers have dreamed up in quite a while. I could even see it being more fun than the new Harry Potter attraction which I would have to say is my personal favorite as to date.

Crazy Harry

Checking out the latest concept art for Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disneyland shows dragons and all other type of unique mythical creatures. After this is created for Hong Kong - I could see this attraction as a strong contender to be added to AK. The trackless family fun vehicles alone would be a great choice with many of the other AK attractions having height restrictions. Mystic Manor in my opinion is the most interesting attraction the Imagineers have dreamed up in quite a while. I could even see it being more fun than the new Harry Potter attraction which I would have to say is my personal favorite as to date.

Last I heard it is no longer trackless for budget concerns.

Crazy Harry

I think it needs both. Probally some dark rides before any e-tickets. I think low budget and high capacity entice higher ups.

I always thought that camp minnie mickey should be turned into Ak's own fantasyland of sorts with a jungle book ride as another has mentioned. And how about an UP attraction, that would be great.

UrbanDonovan

also, something i found very interesting in a link posted back on page 2 was the loch ness restaurant. does anyone else think AK desperately needs more eating options in park? besides yak and yeti and pizzafari, it's pretty baren as far as dining options.

I'd have to disagree with you there. It seems to me that there are more dining options in AK than actual attractions. Besides the two you listed, there's also the Rainforest Cafe, Tusker House, Flame Tree BBQ and [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Restaurantosaurus (not to mention the myriad of QS locations). Although a Loch Ness restaurant does sound intriguing, I think the Imagineers should focus on giving AK some more things for guests to do before they worry about adding more places for guests to fill their bellies.[/FONT]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom